“Very good hotel for a business trip”

Le Boutique Hotel Moxa
Ranked #25 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Toronto, Canada
“Very good hotel for a business trip”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here for a week in December. I booked my room online, not through their reservation system but via a hotel website, and there were no glitches. My room was nice and big, with a desk and coffee maker, plus a North American plug outlet in the bathroom which I thought was a nice touch (though I had brought my own power converter). The bed was comfortable; the pillows were too soft for my taste, but most hotel pillows usually are.

The hotel has a pretty good breakfast buffet, and the bar is open late for food and drinks. The restaurant/bar area is small though, maybe only fitting 12-15 people comfortably. That's one of the hotel's weaknesses, but it would only matter if you were with a large group wanting to eat there rather than go out. It also has a small fitness center (couple of treadmills and a weight machine) which I used, and a licensed massage therapist on the premises. (They take great pains to assure you it is a professional massage, not a "happy ending" session.)

The Moxa is located nicely, as it's a 20 minute walk south to the Old City and the People's Palace, and about 20 minutes north to Bucharest's Arch of Trimuph and Museum of the Romanian Peasant. It's also close to the Gara du Nord although you have to walk through a bit of a dicey neighborhood to get to it. But even if you just walk up and down the street the hotel is on (Calea Victoriei) you'll find plenty to see and do.

I've only been to Bucharest once, so I can't compare the Moxa to anything else available. But this place would definitely be on my short list for staying at again.

Room Tip: The hotel has two buildings: a taller main building set back from the street, and a much smaller bui...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James K
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear jwkarr,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here! Excellent comments, thank you!
We look forward to see you again in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa!

Best regards,

Gratiela Badicu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa in Jan-Feb 2014 during a business trip and would highly recommend this hotel for both short and long stays. I stayed in the old building, decorated in a classy classic style. Room was very large, having parquet flooring, fancy chandelier, nice paintings on the walls and a large and clean bathroom, which made me feel comfortable and luxuriously treated.
Hotel is centrally located, almost at the heart of the city, close to the Old Town and Herastrau Park - both in 30 min. walking distance in opposite directions.
All staff were very helpful and kind.
I would definitely stay in Hotel Moxa again in my next trip to Bucharest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Burcu,

Thank you for staying with us, it was really a pleasure for all of us to have you as guest in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa. On behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for your words of appreciation and for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor site.
We are looking forward to see you soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

It struck me that a lot of business people stay at this hotel when we started our trip here. But is nevertheless, very nice. It is in the neighbourhood of the Atenue Roman concert hall and about 15 minutes walk to Revolution Square.

The hotel consists of a beautiful old building that has been restored and converted to a hotel and across a beer garden/ courtyard, the modern glass and steel hotel that houses reception, the restaurant and bar and some other rooms. We stayed in the restored old building, which faces a reasonably busy road, though it is fairly quiet during the late hours.

The rooms are quite opulently done up - some might thin them a bit gaudy, but they feel very Romanian, which is nice. Bathrooms and showers are extremely clean and large. The rooms themselves are also spacious and have lots of storage.

Breakfast in the restaurant has an amazing amount of choice. The bar staff at night are very pleasant and all staff were helpful. It is in the centre of Bucharest, so easy to get to lots of things - about 30 mins walk from the Old Town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Bsmar,

A great big thank you for your very detailed and complimentary review. Our commitment is to make of every guest experience, as exceptional and unique as it can be.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again back soon.

Kind regards,

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked a room with booking site. Once i arrived there, i met the manager of the hotel. He showed me all the rooms and after that propose me to rent the biggest one. It was absolutely fabulous! The staff are friendly, food is excelent, hotel clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in city center, near all important touristic and business points. I recommand this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Marian,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy to read you appreciate our polite staff and you had a comfortable stay.
We really hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am visiting Bucharest already more than 8 years - use to stay in the 5 and 4 stars level- in this hotel you get very good service The hotel staff are gracious, kind and always go above and beyond, perfect location, clean and good breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ILAN R
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Ilan,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us on tripadviser. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the facilities and the friendliness of our staff.
Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Boutique Hotel Moxa!

Best regards!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here first weekend of December for two nights. The service is fantastic, staff unbelievably helpful and friendly and the food great. No matter what time or what issue, they will help you and make you feel welcome; I have stayed at other hotels in the city and whilst they show good customer service, it was LBHM's whose welcome felt genuine. A real gem this one, would stay here again without looking at any other and recommend this place without hesitation

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mdell1
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear mdell1,

Many thanks for your excellent review. Short, sweet and to the point, thank you very much. I am going to share with all my team.
Hope to meet you soon again in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa!

Best regards,

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed at Moxa at the end of November for 3 nights.
I personally appreciate very much the personal touch of the staff which make's you feel as a guest not " as room number"
We reserve the Executive room very nice and beautiful decorated
Personal advice .....reserve the massage service as well.
We will be back for sure probably on the summer.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeC987
Dear GeorgeC987,

What a fantastic review, thank you so very much! Happy you had a nice stay with us and thank you for positive comments about our stuff & services.
Looking forward to see you in the summer!

Best wishes!