“Lovely hotel, very quiet and comfy”

Le Boutique Hotel Moxa
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Bucharest
Reading, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, very quiet and comfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you're travelling to the hotel from the airport, I suggest pre-booking a taxi! I didn't and got stung for 200 lei (£40) however, travelling back to the airport, I asked the hotel to book me a taxi and it was 111 lei (just over £20).

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, the room (705) was very clean, exceptionally comfy and also really quiet. The free WIFI worked really well and you connect via the password which is written on your room key. Despite not having a bath, the shower had lots of lovely hot water and it was pretty powerful, there were also toiletries to use as well as a mini bar and a safe.

I was able to check in really quickly and shown to my room which was ready by midday. Being absolutely starving, we ordered some 'double sandwiches' from the menu which were lovely toasted sandwiches and perfect for lunch. During the 2 day stay we also ordered a lot of cocktails - sadly they had run out of certain spirits, so we weren't able to have some, however the ones we did try were brilliant.

Breakfast was fantastic, there was nothing that you couldn't enjoy - the pastries weren't greasy and were really nice and the normal continental breakfast things were also nice. Lots of fruit if you're trying to eat healthy, however even if you are, I'd suggest at least trying the sausages and pancakes :-)

The only negatives (which certainly didn't spoil our stay) were the fact that our room didn't have any natural light. It had a very small window, however that looked out onto a wall and another window (one of the hotel offices?) and if you opened it, you heard a very noisy air con unit - this wasn't an issue for me, as I only slept in the room, however this could prove frustrating if you are planning to spend a lot of time in it.

Also (and this is more funny than anything), the hotel has a lot of channels on the TV... including *ahem* 'adult' channels - in every single hotel I've been to, if I've stumbled across them, they're either encrypted or you have to pay money for them... not this hotel! I was happily flicking through random channels when I came across channel 24. Thankfully I don't have children, however if you're not that keen on that, it could be a bit of a shock.... so beware if you're channel hopping!

It's in a good location, although not totally in the center so you should be prepared to walk for 15-20 minutes to see some of the attractions. I'd certainly stay here again - really, really enjoyed my 2 night stay!

Room Tip: Suggest choosing a room with a window!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Holly,

Thanks for your kinds and details comments and also for the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Gratiela Badicu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Essen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is nice and in a excellent central location . It is a great small hotel .Its a very well run hotel . Good service all around excellent with a very attentive and helpful staff . The rooms are lovely and very clean . The breakfast was very good and I have also a great dinner . I enjoyed my stay and would gladly return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Diana,

Thanks for your kind comments you have shared here on tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Warm regards,

Grenoble, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I quite enjoyed my short stay, especially now that a restaurant is available (it was not when I came last in 2013). The staff is as always extremely nice and customer friendly. Always a pleasure to be there for me !
I had a big comfortable room at extremely reasonable price (company fare).
The only thing that was missing is a desk-lamp and possibly an armchair for a nice & comfortable reading.

Yann J.

Room Tip: I was located in room on the Calea Victoriei, supposedly vey noisy street, but that was ok for me, b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Yann,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for letting us know about the desk-lamp. We will take in consideration for the near future.

My kindest regards,

Spa, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited friends in Bucharest and stayed at Hotel Moxa for the long week-end on May 1st. Rooms are breath-taking, service is perfect, food is very tasty and it is right in the center.... Couldn't have dreamed of anything better

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Ana,

Many thank Ana for your “Couldn’t be better “review.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Best regards!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We are a medical team working on a clinical study in Romania and have been staying in Hotel Moxa alternately during the past year for different periods of times .
Putting it in the simplest words - it is a warm home for us .Home away from home.
The hotel is located practically in the center of Bucharest within a beautiful neighborhood surrounded by numerous magazines , museums and peaceful little streets with old houses (great for walking through... ).
The rooms are well furnished , spacious and very comfortable. Very diverse and fresh breakfast, hosty room service (for those like us that work all day and just want to grab something warm to eat prior to going to sleep)
But the two most wonderful things the make this little boutique hotel so special are the personal attention and the hotel personnel .Always ready to help with any issue with a smile.
And if feel that your legs can not carry you any more or just need a good calming rest , the hotel has a wonderful massage lady - very recommended
Thank you all of Moxa team - we can not even think of going anywhere else in Bucharest - you have made our stay great .
Dr. Rothman Julia

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Julia,

On behalf of all the team, I would like to thank you for this excellent review and also that you are our lovely guest for such a long time. Thank you for being ’’ part ‘’of our team and we hope you will always feel here as ‘’home away from home”.

Best regards!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I spent 9 days at Hotel Moxa and was treated to a fine, comfortable room with all the necessary amenities. A restaurant on the ground floor offers a nice selection of traditional Romanian foods, as well as a great bar for coffee and alcoholic drinks.

The staff at Moxa were attentive to my every need and offered help summoning taxis, pointing out local banks and stores, and providing a warm environment for my first trip to Romania.

Stefan, the one of the doormen, was bright and engaging – offering pleasant conversation whenever I sat in the lobby to wait for taxis, tour guides, and friends.

I highly recommend this congenial and comfortable hotel for travelers from any destination or for whatever purpose. I'll stay with them again when I make my return trip.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Dean,

Thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay, due to our facilities and atmosphere, the food & drinks quality and the outstanding service provided by our staff members, who always attended to your needs. Please be sure that Stefan and his colleagues will be congratulated for the excellent service provided.
Looking forward to see you again in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is in the middle of bucharest near the old city, perfect rooms, very good breakfast, the rooms r clean, me and my friend stay in this hotel evrey time we r going to bucharest, there is casino 10 min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sharonas13g
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for the “”perfect’’ feedback!
We all miss you and we are looking forward to see you again!