“great atmosphere”

Ranked #23 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
ad70729
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 December 2008

stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. The atmosphere was very nice and the stuff was very friendly and helping.
Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2008

A very pleasant hotel with a wonderful breakfast. It's close (walking distance) from the main downtown attractions.

The room was a bit small but the bed was very comfortable, the shower was excellent and everything one needed was included in the room.

Internet worked fine and cable tv was great.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank JackTheTraveller
Utah
Reviewed 26 November 2008

We used the hotel for a couple of days before a river cruise. The location was good for walking around town and was quietly on a side street. The staff were wonderful. We requested an Airport pickup and the driver was waiting for us outside customs, a nice way to start in a country that can have confusing signs.
A good breakfast and helpful staff made the trip very nice. The room was clean and large by European standards.
We would return.

• Liked — Staff and location.
  • Disliked — All of Bucharest is smoky.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
a_mpty
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I visited hotel Moxa last month and I was really impressed. The hotel is well decorated and giving a very warm feeling. Rooms are comfortable and the gym was open 24 hours. I had to wait 20 minutes from when they turn on the sauna until it was ready to use but it’s normal. The staff is very nice and helpful. With only 5 minutes walk I found shops and a nice restaurant for my dinner.

Recommend anyone who likes small and private hotels.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed 28 October 2008

I had the worst experience by booking La Boutique Hotel Moxa. Pictures on the web site make this hotel very appealing but my experience was totally different. The rooms are so small, that I could hardly fit my suitcases. The moment you get in the elevator you feel like you're in a cheap motel. Staff is extremely rude, especially if you speak Romanian to them. And the worst.... I was threatened by the owner of the hotel, who asked me to leave the hotel because I complain too much. I left the hotel, and did not get my money back. Please, stay away! There are better deals in Bucharest.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff attitude and rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank PER2008
Hmoxa, Owner, Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, 11 November 2008
We at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa always open for reviews; nevertheless, we don’t approve misleading and incorrect reviews.
Just after check-in the guest began to criticize the hotel and more important the staff. From that moment the guest continued to criticize and insult our staff. During the night he kept calling reception and offends the staff about his stay at the Hotel.
In the next morning, his abuse did not stop and during breakfast the insults to our staff continued. At that moment many of our staff complained and asked not to serve the rude guest as the insults continued and led to inconvenience. At that moment after contacting the company from which the guest booked his room, we asked him to pack his belongings and move to another hotel.
As the payment was not done to the hotel we could not return the money to the guest and asked him to contact the company from where he booked the hotel.
As we mentioned, we are always open to review and always assure our guest have the most comfort stay at our hotel so we can welcome them back at their next visit to Bucharest.
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I stayed in the Moxa during the summer but it was still a business trip to Bucharest. The hotel was very nice decorated and perfect from my 2 nights stay. Free wireless in the lobby and in the rooms was great. The hotel was full when I stayed but I still received full attention from the stuff. Went down for a drink in the bar and after the long day of work it was nice to sit there with only one more guest who was using the hotel’s laptop. I was asked if I would like to move to the garden when I received my salad which was a great offer as the garden is between the 2 buildings of the hotel so you have barley any noise from the main street. The location was perfect for my business meetings and I already booked my room on the hotel’s website for September.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 11 August 2008

So just what is a 'boutique' hotel. Does haviing 2 TVs in your room qualify - but only one remote control so that as you lie in bed changing channels on one the other TV starts up too? Moxa is a reasonable price, for Bucharest, and the rooms are well equipped and the staff friendly. It has private parking right out the front and it is relatively convenient for the 'sights; of Bucharest.
But the city map they gave me was sponsored by every 'massage' parlour in town which gives you some idea of where the place is at. If you have to go to Bucharest there are probably better but much more expensive places to stay - but the Moxa is ceertainly good enough - but maybe just a bit pretentious as signified by the inclusion of the word 'boutique' in the name.

• Liked — Good value for Bucharesy
  • Disliked — nothing specific
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo