“Gnam... Perfect!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ternate, Italy
“Gnam... Perfect!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Tipical romanian food!!! Hight quality, friendly staff, professional... the menu offer also an international kitchen, but there is non sense to try other kind of food there... isn't it'??? Soooo good!!!! ;-)

Visited March 2014

Reading, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was visiting a friend in Bucharest when, by accident, I’ve found this little gem (and I’m glad I did).

This is not just real Italian food this is superb real Italian food plus you can sample other world cuisine dishes here.

I have now been quite a few times, once with children and other times with friends, and every single time we've had really good experience about this place.

The La Cena restaurant is located in a very nice and quiet area, really close to the town centre. There seems to be on-street parking outside the restaurant for those driving which is a bonus in Bucharest.

I really loved the ambiance of the restaurant including the very charming interior. The staff is friendly, polite, fast and attentive.

The menu is good and well organised and you can easily find a dish that you can enjoy. Even my fussy partner can order something without problems. All dishes are prepared fresh and on site, and most ingredients are imported from Italy. The wine selection is also good and there are enough to choose from!

Every course is executed perfectly and every dish is delicious. From the warm and crispy parmesan focaccia (which I highly recommend), beautiful baked prosciutto crudo pizza, to duck with orange sauce and salmon tartar.

The pasta is freshly made and has the perfect texture so you can never go wrong when ordering pasta at La Cena. Every time when we ordered pasta was just cooked right!

Last time when we went to La Cena (December 2013), I’ve shared a Quattro Formaggi pizza with my hubby (the best pizza in the word is made here – and I’ve been to Italy so many times now). For the main course I had the duck with orange sauce which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the red tuna cu sesame and wasabi and for desert hubby had the Eaton Mess, which I think was new on the menu and to our surprise, it tasted just like a proper english Eaton Mess ( well done guys!) and I had the chocolate tortino with mascarpone and vanilla sauce, the perfect way to end the meal. The chocolate tortino was a fluffy sponge cake in texture made with high quality chocolate. The mascarpone and vanilla sauce was tasty and complimented the cake perfectly! The portion sizes are generous.

The only thing we don’t like about this restaurant is the Italian music that is played in the background (but that’s just us) and the fact that people smoke (but saying that, you get that everywhere you go in Romania)

Overall a really good restaurant that I will definitely recommend to everyone who wants to eat fresh and good quality food.

The prices are just right and you do get good value for money!

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great staff, excellent Restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

It was an excellent dining experience at ”La Cena”. The food was extraordinary; the service was warm, welcoming and very friendly.
Excellent choice of wines, and the deserts...awesome.
We promised ourselves that we would become regulars and sample everything from the menu.
I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic Italian meal as we felt really relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed our time here and will go again soon.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank MariusTeo
Bucharest, Romania
“Far from a serious Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The big advantage is location as a lot of busnisses are around and lunch time gets busy. I have been here 4-5 times for lunch and I always left with a bitter taste for the name used versus what cucina italiana is in reality. This is a surogate but if you starve you find something to eat. Nothing special in the menu, the wine selection is rather poor so overall it is not a place where I would jump immediately to go. Still it does the job well for a quick lunch or a small business lunch in the center.
Service is good though and the pizzaiolo is doing a very good job as well.

• Visited July 2013
“I don't like”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Gnocchi is not good here, tea is very cheap, bottled wine is ok, catering is not ok but not very noise place and atmosphere is fine.

Visited July 2012