“Delicious Food, Perfect service”
Review of Haveli

Haveli
Ranked #84 of 2,113 Restaurants in Bucharest
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Haveli Restaurant is one of my favourite places in Bucharest. It is hosted by a traditional, fully renovated little house in the heart of the city not far away from the traditional Calea Mosilor-Street. The restauant is owned by a Pakistani and the cooks are all from India, so there is a guarantee that the food is cooked according to the Indian tradition. The service is very attentive and the prices are - compared to other locations in Bucharest - quite acceptable. My favourites are the vegetarian dishes. For a good meal you have to pay about 25 Euro per person/non-alcoholic beverages included. It is a good place to celebrate anniversaries - since the rooms are intimate and the atmosphere very friendly.

3  Thank IoanaCraciun

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you are planning to eat pakistani/indian food go for HAVELI. The atmosphere is super, a large range of dishes to choose with starting with starters and ending with desert. The price is a bit on higher side but you will don't feel it a problem after eating nice spicy dishes.
At least have a go one time, i am sure you will love that!

1  Thank ATY1408
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having visited this restaurant earlier than peak dinner times, I do not know whether it is a popular place amongst locals and tourists, but on account of my experience, I can safely say that it should be!

The food compared favourably to other Indian restaurants I have visited, of which there have been many in different countries, and being Indian, I can distinguish between a good restaurant that provides an authentic experience, and one which floods their food with oil and food colouring. This establishment was safely in the former category.

Worth a visit!

1  Thank swappers
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The "BT Curry Club" made an unannounced visit to the Haveli restaurant on Friday 13 June. Outlined below is our rating, in our standard format:
1. Location: 3/5
Overall rating: 7.2
Well worth a visit!

1  Thank BT_CurryClub
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's not very easy to find a quality Indian restaurant anywhere in Eastern Europe, but this one turned out to be a good find. I'm from the UK so have a high standard for Indian food - but wasn't disappointed in the food here. If the restaurant had been in the UK, then I would have given three stars as it is around the same quality as the UK average. However, being in Bucharest I think it is better than normal, so have given four.

The staff were friendly and my chicken Vindaloo was nice and hot and very tasty. They also have a non smoking area to the restaurant if (like me) you get fed up with being sat in a haze of smoke in other restaurants. They are a little way out from the center, but only a short ride in a taxi and they arranged a taxi for me when I'd finished.

The only downside for me was that the plates were cold, but this seems to be standard practice over here. I'll definitely return on my next visit to Bucharest.

1  Thank Doug_1970