“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #20 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Arad, Romania
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, since I stayed for about a week there (with a group of 7 people).
I had business at Romexpo which is extremely close to this hotel, since walking distance is about 6-7 minutes and if you absolutely have to go by car it takes about 1-2 minutes.
Rooms are very nice (huge mirrors) and an extremely good bed. Everything was more than fine and the staff was very kind to us. Restaurant was poor in choices, but food OK. There are 2 restaurants nearby (Taverna Sarbului and Casa Doina) that are at walking distance and the food there is VERY good.
In only give 4 point instead of 5 because:
- breakfast staff continually blocked a section of the eating area at around 9.30 (breakfast is until 10) and would not clean the used tables (or would clean them at a very slow pace);
- if the hotel is full, there are some problems with parking spaces since a hotel of this size has only a few places to leave your car.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2011

With just one exception at the front desk, I found the staff to be incredibly hard working and responsive at this hotel. The price was very reasonable, about $70 through Expedia, which was less than going directly through Ramada. The breakfasts were very good, and they did an excellent job of making sure there was always plenty of food available. I was impressed to see that even the managers pitched in and helped and they went out of their way to be welcoming. They had a wonderful little machine which made all kinds of coffee drinks. The room was quiet and comfortable. There were two computers in the lobby which provide free internet access and also wi-fi available. There was a small gym that I used several times, and it was open 24/7. The disadvantage is that this hotel is quite a way from the city center and if you use public transportation, it is necessary to take a bus and then the metro. It took about 45 minutes to get into town.

Outside of breakfast, the hotel meals were mediocre and more expensive than eating at a charming cafe in town. The wine choices were terrible...I did have a nice wine at one of the cafes in town, but the options in the hotel were not good. Definitely stay away from the house wines. If you do stay here, I would recommend going to the National Village Museum, which is within walkng distance. In addition, there is a nice park nearby.

Room Tip: I think that all of the rooms are fine....there is not really a view but the area is fairly quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Bucharest Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your review. Your positive comments are highly appreciated and very helpful to motivate our staff in order to continue exceeding our guests expectations.
Positioned in the northern part of the Capital, our hotel is a few minutes (15-20) away from the city center but due to the rush hour it will take time to arrive at any destination by car. Thank you again for being our guest and will wait for you next time when you will come to Bucharest.

Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We enjoyed a two night stay at the Ramada Plaza in early September 2011. The hotel is situated in an area of several large hotel compelxes, all of which appear to have been constructed after the fall of the communist regime.. The location is not within easy walking distance to central city historic sites but I think a good location for business or conventions.

The hotel is clean. Room are easily accessible by multiple elevators. The rooms are large and nicely appointed. The bathroom is small but more than adequate. Water pressure and temperature are very good. The in-room safe is large enough for a laptop, a larger sized camera, and miscellaneous items.

We found the hotel staff to be accommodating. I had questions about internet access which were fully answered. Wifi in the room worked well.

We ate breakfasts, one lunch, and two dinners in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet provided a wide choice of items. We found the meals of good quality. Meal service at lunch and dinner was a bit slow but the food was good with ample menu selections.

We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank historian1874
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Bucharest Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your positive impression about our hotel. Our chef will be delighted to here that you enjoyed the meals in our restaurant.
It is our hope to host you in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed there already many times for business or before an early flight.
Breakfast is fantastic and everyone is really friendly and helpful.
The only thing I Miss is a gym and is there really a pool?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Bucharest Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your feed-back. We are more than happy to here that you enjoy staying with us. Unfortunately the pool is closed for renovation but we are doing all the efforts in order to satisfy all our clients. One of the facilities which we provide to our clients is the gym and is available 24 hours per day.
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you next time.

Europe
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I really liked this hotel, the standard room was pretty spacious.
Everything was very clean, very nice smell, and modern. The staff was very friendly.
Breackfast was a buffe but with a lot of choices, and very good.
It is very close to Romexpo, and to the city center. I think it's a very good hotel for bussines.
My only regret is that they don't have rooms with balcony, I would have enjoyed it much more. I would definetley go back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mya2002
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel location, building and rooms are very nice and newly refurbished.

However the service I got at the hotel was very poor. Especially the room service was bad. Whenever I ordered something it was never the same quality of food ( i.e sometime the salad had cheese , other times the same salad did not). Once the salad was delivered without fork and knive, another time the coca cola bottle was not oepened and the room had no bottle opener. In order to enjoy my food ordered I needed to make 2-3 calls to room service each time.

I ordered breakfast in my room and although the description mentioned cereals etc I got a cheese plater. I ordered a pick up taxi for a specific time and the reception noted it was ok but when I got at the lobby they noted they can t order in advance but I needed to wait

In other words altough the hotel could be a very good one - they need to increase the quality of service delivered by the pesronnel to make this hotel a very ood place to stay

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Bucharest Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at Ramada Parc.
We feel sorry for the bad feelings you have regarding your stay at our hotel, it is at our highest importance to give the perfect “Ramada experience” and we are sorry that you do not have this feeling.
All the points you raised where discussed seriously with the concerned departments in order to make sure they do not re occur and I can assure you that if you choose to come back and stay with us you will only experience the real exquisite Ramada world renown experience.
Again, I am sorry and I am hoping we will have a second chance with you in order to show you we can do much better.

Mal
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Stay 3nights with my group in this hotel.
A/c was fantastic with hot summer over Romania.
Free wifi ,good breakfast,most important GOOD service.If you have transpot should be the Best to stay put when you around Bucharest,nothing around but again the service 4star and above.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind review. We are very much pleased and encouraged by your appreciation. We will be more than happy to serve you in the future.