“I like this place & the food too...”
Review of The Harbour

The Harbour
Ranked #245 of 1,920 Restaurants in Bucharest
Price range: US$4 - US$55
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

the service is pretty good also. The Harbour is a restaurant done out in 'maritime rustic' as its theme, the waiters are dressed up I what I can only describe as 'gay sailor' outfits, there's a plaster Admiral in 18th C uniform looking out at you with a spyglass. The widows are etched with a sailing ship in full sail. But, there's a no smoking area! In Romania! The wooden slatted chairs looked uncomfortable, and guess what? They were! But the food speaks for itself, and is really good quality. I had their antipasto - a generous helping of prosciutto cotto e crudo, with peppers to die for, lovely cheese and artichokes with some olives, zucchini and aubergine slices, and sundried tomatoes. It was delicious, but big. Next I ordered a stone cooked steak. I deliberately ordered it rare so I could finish it to my exact liking. No disappointment here, nor in the delicious potatoes in rosemary. I washed it down with local rosé wine. Service from my waiter was good, unfussy and helpful. I will come back here, and that's not something I say often in Bucharest. Free, no fuss WiFi.

1  Thank Richard L
There are newer reviews for The Harbour

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've been visiting Bucharest for 15 years and it is only over the last 5 or 6 years that I've been able to find a few good restaurants with great service and tasty food. The Harbour has been a regular of mine because they have delivered on both of those for quite a while. This is one of the few places in Bucharest that knows how to serve lamb. But, my favourite dish is one of the simplest. It is steamed broccoli with a touch of garlic. Well presented fresh vegetables can be a challenge in Bucharest but if you like good greens, this is the dish for you. I order it with everything here. The desserts are also wonderful. The front room of the restaurant is supposed to be smoke free....ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR MY FREQUENT RETURN VISITS.....On one occasion we arrived to find the front room full of smokers because of a reservation mix up........I hated it and hope I never see that again. Other than that, high marks.

1  Thank 25marcopolo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've lived in Bucharest for only 6 weeks but have been to The Harbour five times already. The atmosphere is homely and cosy, the staff are very friendly and good for recommendations and the food is brilliant and well priced. Whether you're going in just for a beer or a meal with friends, you will have a great time at the Harbour. Top class!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

went for diner with friends.difficult to locate .interior not spacious .fills up quickly.
food is fair .did not leave impressed

Reviewed 28 November 2013

There is to much fuss about this place. It is full of foreigners, the design is nice, but the food is not that out of the ordinary. You would expect something better judging by the atmosphere and the way they present the menu. You can eat better for the same money in the area.