“Expensive, good service, food is just ok”
Review of The Harbour

The Harbour
Ranked #283 of 1,820 Restaurants in Bucharest
Price range: US$4 - US$55
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Expensive, good service, food is just ok”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

For the price I have done better. This place pretends to be a ship, I think, because the waiter wear sailor outfits and they motif is a ship, but why is it called Harbor? Should they just call it "The Titanic?" The food is heavy and greasy, the service is good but weird as I have mentioned. The chairs are very uncomfortable and gypsies will rush as you enter and leave because of the neighborhood.

• Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
“Great service”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a newcomer to Bucharest (and a resident of the area around Piata Romania) I wanted to find somewhere dependable and reliable. The Harbour sticks out like a sore thumb in a part of town full of high rise blocks so it is already attractive. The welcome we received was excellent and their menu has all sorts of food from exotic salads to typical Romanian meat dishes. Their excellent dessert tray has too many selections and of course they have the great Romanian Ursus beer on tap. I can't get enough of The Harbour. Staff are friendly are welcoming and the food is great.

• Visited April 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“dependable”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been coming to this place for several years now. I like its friendly atmosphere and dependable food. First the food: it is well cooked, straightforward and consistent. It feels quite healthy and not too heavy. They offer a good selection of grills, classical Romanian dishes and great salads. You know what to expect and I have never been disappointed. It is not cordon bleu cooking, but it is hearty, good portion sizes and tastes good. The wine is not so great, the house white frankly undrinkable. Go for beer. The staff are variable; they get a lot of (what I take to be) students working short term, so there is some variability, but the guys in the blue shirts know how its done and usually intervene quickly if a newby is struggling, especially with the English language. I think it actually quite pricy for Bucharest, but it is still great value compared to western Europe. It would suit tourists and business people who are looking for recognizable dishes cooked by someone they can trust.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“I like this place & the food too...”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

the service is pretty good also. The Harbour is a restaurant done out in 'maritime rustic' as its theme, the waiters are dressed up I what I can only describe as 'gay sailor' outfits, there's a plaster Admiral in 18th C uniform looking out at you with a spyglass. The widows are etched with a sailing ship in full sail. But, there's a no smoking area! In Romania! The wooden slatted chairs looked uncomfortable, and guess what? They were! But the food speaks for itself, and is really good quality. I had their antipasto - a generous helping of prosciutto cotto e crudo, with peppers to die for, lovely cheese and artichokes with some olives, zucchini and aubergine slices, and sundried tomatoes. It was delicious, but big. Next I ordered a stone cooked steak. I deliberately ordered it rare so I could finish it to my exact liking. No disappointment here, nor in the delicious potatoes in rosemary. I washed it down with local rosé wine. Service from my waiter was good, unfussy and helpful. I will come back here, and that's not something I say often in Bucharest. Free, no fuss WiFi.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Richard L
Melbourne, Australia
“good honest food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've been visiting Bucharest for 15 years and it is only over the last 5 or 6 years that I've been able to find a few good restaurants with great service and tasty food. The Harbour has been a regular of mine because they have delivered on both of those for quite a while. This is one of the few places in Bucharest that knows how to serve lamb. But, my favourite dish is one of the simplest. It is steamed broccoli with a touch of garlic. Well presented fresh vegetables can be a challenge in Bucharest but if you like good greens, this is the dish for you. I order it with everything here. The desserts are also wonderful. The front room of the restaurant is supposed to be smoke free....ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR MY FREQUENT RETURN VISITS.....On one occasion we arrived to find the front room full of smokers because of a reservation mix up........I hated it and hope I never see that again. Other than that, high marks.

1 Thank 25marcopolo