“Great to eat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
Parkview Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Augusta B&B and Inns
Hillsboro, Ohio
“Great to eat”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We don't stay at the bed and breakfast but instead we eat the Buffett there and it is very tasty and I love the staff they really do have a sense of humor and they have good icecream there and I coming here and will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harrison G

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Goshen, Ky
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I discovered this place while on a Pittsburgh-Louisville Ohio River trip on my boat in 2010. The lock eight miles downstream from Augusta had one chamber out of service and we were looking at a 4-hour delay to get through. It was late afternoon so we went back up river to Augusta to search for a place to spend the night. The Parkview is just a couple blocks from the very nice Augusta riverfront and they had a room for us.

Phil and Jenny manage the place and they and their staff do great job. The rooms are unique and the food is very good. Augusta has a several little shops and places to eat. We have been back by boat on two other occasions.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill K
Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I treat myself to a trip along the Ohio river and take the ferry across the Ohio river to a wonderful town of Augusta, Kentucky! This was and is sometimes the home to to clooney's and Miss America,Miss Heather French! the town has a good selection of shoppe and stores to wander in and out of and good food to dine on! We were lucky to find a treasure like the Parkview Inn! the owners Jenny And Phil greet you with a smile and a warm country welcome! We stayed two nights instead of one just because we felt at home and the rooms are so well decorated that we just had to make a weekend of it! You won't be disappointed at the prices either. they believe in a fair price for a great room,each room has its own theme and the cleanest B&B I've been in a long time! As the country folk there say" it's so good it makes your tongue want to slap your brains out! I can't say enough great things about this place! thank you again Jenny and Phil!

Room Tip: Each room has its own theme,the best thing is to visit and pick one that makes it special for you!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This place is great! We were looking for something different to do and this was it! The Inn is really nice and old fashioned. We met the owners and they were really nice people. Breakfast is included with your room. The home cooking was delicious and the hospitality was amazing. We will definately go back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angela C
Covington, KY
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We were passing through Augusta and noticed there was some kind of street fair going on so we stopped. The fair was pretty small (we were at one here a few years ago that was bustling!) and the food options were standard. We noticed the Parkview was open for lunch so we went in. They serve lunch buffet-style. You can get just soup & salad for $5.95 or the full meal for $8.95. Drinks and desserts are extra. The buffet is set up on two tables - soup & salad on one side in serving bowls, the main meal on the other side in disposable aluminum containers. The salad was nothing special - just some lettuce in one bowl with some cut up add-ins in separate bowls. There was also some cole slaw (not bad) and a chicken/broccoli salad which my companion rated high. There were two soups and chili. The chili was pretty thin and looked like it might be Cincinnati-style so I passed. I tried the bean and sausage soup - it was pretty good. On the other side the options were burger patties for sliders (although the patties were regular sized and buns were slider size - weird), beef in a gravy, bbq pork (just OK, nothing special), chicken tenders, green beans, baked beans (not bad), french fries, and corn pudding (very good). Our waiter was very professional and attentive, bringing some warm, fresh bread to go with our meal. The decor is Southern country with some jarring effects - floral wreaths around the windows with white Christmas lights, colored kerchiefs in the middle of the table, and what I can only describe as barbershop gospel music playing in the background. The room we were in overlooked a very pretty side yard. We didn't have dessert but from what I saw they looked delicious. Overall, I'd recommend Parkview for lunch if you're in the mood to relax while having lunch.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CovingtonCat
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My mother and I traveled to Bracken County on a genealogy trip. We drove through Augusta when we arrived but discovered that there is only one bed and breakfast operating (which was booked for the night) and no motels. We traveled to Maysville where we spent the night in a rather dingy chain motor lodge. After a day or researching in the 100 degree plus heat we decided to head back to the River Inn and try our luck for night 2. My mom has knee issues so a first floor room is necessary. The Inn had an opening in the "Cottage" a detached structure adjacent to the main building. It was perfect. Clean, well decorated with a sitting area and a large private bath with a stall shower, the Cottage met our needs perfectly. There is a tiny park next door and the 2 block walk down to the Ohio River takes you past quaint storefronts, a bustling pizza place and the Augusta Inn (which looked like a wonderful, cozy spot but alas I did not go inside). Riverside Drive has gorgeous historic homes, huge old shade trees and a views of the Ohio River that are nothing short of spectacular. The sunset view was incredible. There is a ferry that will take you over to Ohio along St. Rt. 52/Ohio Scenic By Way for $5. It runs till about 8:00 PM. We found the AA Highway to be the best route around Bracken County and took it all the way to I 275 to Cincinnati. We ate breakfast at the Inn (blueberry pancakes were delicious as well as the fruit lemonade) and also had the seafood dinner buffet, which was tasty but unfortunately a power outage due to a sudden, severe thunderstorm made dessert (pie with cinnamon ice cream) a little disappointing (no electricity='s no warm pie!) All of the locals that we met were very nice and went out of their way to be welcoming. I look forward to returning to Augusta and exploring in the future.

Room Tip: The Cottage is the only handicap accessible suite
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank teacherlady
JBReview98
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is a great place. I particularly love their buffets in the evenings. The food selection is wonderful and always well-stocked.

As far as the town, being a ghost town... hardly! There are many thriving shops and specialty stores, especially for a small town. They aren't open long hours, of course, as is typical in an old-fashioned town.

Amtrak, does run through as do freight trains. But, as far as Amtrak running every 1/2 hour, that is absurd. Amtrak maintains a once a day, six day a week schedule. I enjoy the train traffic and I believe it adds to the "old time" feeling of the town.

I can't think of a better small town to stay in in this area. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JBReview98

Been to Parkview Country Inn? Share your experiences!