“Fantastic modern hotel, highly recomended”
Review of Zira Hotel

Zira Hotel
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Belgrade, Serbia
“Fantastic modern hotel, highly recomended”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We chose Zira hotel for the first time to organize our corporate event and it exceeded all our expectations. Hotel is fantastic, modern, on excellent location. Staff was great, very helpful, pleasant and professional. They fulfilled all our requests, everything was flawless. Conference rooms are very well equipped, suitable for all types of conferences with full technical support.
The rooms are clean, modernly decorated and very comfortable. At the end of our seminar we organized dinner party and our conference room was transformed into a great banquet hall. Again I was impressed by the speed of the staff and their professionalism.The food was delicious, expertly prepared. I would highly recommend Zira to everyone, for business trip or for pleasure, you won't be disappointed.

Overall it was a great experience and I am sure we will repeat it. Thanks to all Zira staff for making our event memorable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel was very clean and modern. I did not see many hotels that were to this caliber while I was in Belgrade. I was able to coordinate a pick up and drop off from the airport with the shuttle service. I was a little disappointed the driver had picked up a side passenger and dropped her off at a bus station rather than taking me directly to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and on the front desk workers offered to give me a tour of the city at a relatively low cost - it included him driving me around and showing me everything. I declined because I wanted to walk and get my own feel of the city. The rooms are modern and comfortable. I was on a higher floor that faced NE. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and very clean. My rate included WiFi, International calling, breakfast and dinner. The meals were very nice and I really enjoyed the restaurant. The location is a decent area - I had never been to Eastern Europe before so it was a little adjustment. You can easily walk to the central part of downtown in Old Belgrade. You can pick up the tram about 3 blocks away - but I felt the tram looked a little outdated/dangerous. Watch out when you walk around because the traffic is a little heavy in the area. I walked to Novi Belgrade as well one day while I was there too - which as the larger/nicer mall. That area was the communist built side of the city and you can see a nice contrast with the architecture of the old city. Belgrade fort is not far away either and can reached by walking or cab. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to Western travelers who need the comforts of modern and updated hotel in Belgrade. There is a small mall at the bottom of the hotel but its not really worth checking out unless you need to visit an ATM which is at the entrance. Also, there is a grocery store apart of the complex that sells bottles of wine at rock bottom prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and city view - they were than willing to accommodate my request.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A short journey from the airport approximately 25 minutes at the cost of about £14 in a taxi this hotel proved to be a great base from which to explore the city of Belgrade.
The rooms were very modern, clean and the beds were huge and very comfortable.
My only disappointment with this hotel was that there weren’t any coffee making facilities in the room.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
The breakfast offered lots of choice and was more than adequate.
Previous reviews have mentioned the location as not ideal. I did not find this a problem myself. A 30 minute walk into the centre, 45 minutes to the fortress or if you were feeling lazy a £4 taxi fare.
There are several nice bars close to the hotel some offering food. I would recommend the Marshall Pub a short walk away.
There are also a plethora of fast food establishments nearby should you feel peckish after a long day exploring the city.
We had an early morning flight home so choose to use the Hotels own transport. This worked out slightly more expensive than a taxi but still very reasonable.
Would I stay there again and recommend this hotel? Yes definitely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chubbyluvdrink
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at the Zira hotel for three nights. There was nothing to complain about. Excellent front desk service. My colleague and I wanted to do 2h of sight seeing and asked where to go. We were offered a guided tour with a taxi and an English speaking guide. All in all we payed 40€ which probably is not little for Serbia but was totally worth the trip. Hotel rooms are clean & big. TV offers many international channels (Italian, German, French, English etc.) Breakfast doesn't leave anything to be desired. You find flakes, fruit, fresh bread and rolls, eggs, bacon, fresh juices etc. There's is also an excellent bar to have a cocktail in the evening. Hotel is about 15min from the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Zira Hotel in Belgrad City Center is excellent.
It is located directly in the city centre. The rooms are very nice, stylish and clean.
What I enjoyed most is the excellent service they provided, esp. the night shuttle and his driver Ivan who takes you to all the in places!!
5-Stars!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mstenger
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Cozy and outstanding service. A bit far from main attractions yet convenient and calm. Restaurant is very decent, rooms comfortable and web speed average.

Very different from old socialist era hotels. You'll be close to parks and stores yet a bit far from downtown.

Rooms are large and very well thought.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ignacio B
Budaors, Hungary
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had an overnight stay at the hotel. It is new and have a modern, economic style. Double rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and lining. Air conditioning worked well when the outside temperature was over 40 degrees Celsius. Buffet breakfast was fresh and good quality and you had the choice that you would expect at this price category. The only downsides for us ,as a family on vacation, was its off center location. Taxi is cheap but it is better to agree on the price beforehand. We were scammed when we returned to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family