“Good hotel - met my needs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zira Hotel

Zira Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Belgrade
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good hotel - met my needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I would give this hotel a solid Good to Very Good. Contemporary style with a hint of charm (the old suitcases decorating the lobby). Smallish room was clean, comfortable, stylish and not just cookie-cutter bland. Only stayed one night, but arrived very early in the morning, so had breakfast two mornings. Decent selection, attractively displayed, some nice surprises like a plum compote. The second morning I came at a fairly busy time and the greeter person did not even greet - or pay attention to arriving guests - even though I stood there upon arrival to give my room number. Eventually I just took a seat and started with the buffet. (Because of this lack of acknowledgement -- the breakfast charge didn't even get put on my bill... but I rectified that upon departure.) Aside from that, service was good. Large patio area for sitting/eating outside, with big tables and umbrellas for the sun. I can't speak for the neighborhood, as I did not have any time to walk around and investigate. I had dinner in the restaurant, which was good. Also, I used their airport pick-up service, and all was good with that - the driver was there waiting for me.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Kalavasos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed 4 times in this hotel during my professional trips to Belgrade and I have found it to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. The staff are amazing and helpful.
In one case when our luggage got lost they provided us with an additional package of shaving stuff etc.
In another occasion when we had an early morning flight before the breakfast they made up a breakfast package to go!
In another occasion they provided us free dinner vouchers for the length of our accommodation.
And the gym room was amazing, with the lady there being so helpful.
Overall the breakfast was almost 5 star and the dinner (try the mixed grill) was so rich you cannot eat everything.
I have saved the room details for last as the quality and design were unique and of high quality.
All in all Zira is located just 5 minutes walk from the main street and right above a small but complete shopping center.
Now that I run my own small hotel in Cyprus, I admit it Zira is an inspiration.
Belgrade is a beautiful city and the Serbs amazing people. Do dare to visit Serbia as you will not regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I often travel to Belgrade due to my work, and the first time that I came to Beograd I took a gamble and booked myself at Zira Hotel. I fly to Belgrade 2-3 times a month, and stay a minimum of 2 nights. And I always stay at Zira Hotel. Its excellent. Great comfort, location, and extraordinary cuisine. I myself live in Paris and I know good food when I taste it and Zira Hotel just brought my expectations way up. Whatever I requested from the staff they got for me. An extension cable, more pillows, and even Soy milk. I recommend Zira Hotel to all my fellow business and pleasure travelers, and that you such me will win the jackpot.

Thank you Zira Hotel see you on the 15th of this month.

Room Tip: I always go for the Delux room because I need my space to work.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Zira is not very well situated for tourists, as it's about a 20 minute walk to the Sava cathedral and about 40 minutes to the fortress area. It's also not in a very pretty area, on a busy street -- though to be fair, this is typical of the city overall. It may be convenient for some that the hotel is attached to a mall with a supermarket downstairs.

The hotel to me was blah. The room was a nice size and the furnishings were modern, but the bed was not comfortable -- just didn't feel supportive. The towels in the bathroom are of low quality. The biggest mark against the interior is that there's seemingly no sound-proofing from the hallway. You can easily hear the slightest sound from the hallways, so if you're a light sleeper, you'll get woken up.

Breakfast at the hotel was also blah. There was a good selection, but the hot foods were often too oily and salty. The bread and cheese were just ok. The coffee machine's coffee wasn't very good; tasted somehow artificial. There was a good selection of fresh fruit though, including bananas and slices grapefruit and oranges.

Service at the hotel is ok -- nothing notably good or bad. If you're thinking of taking a taxi to/from the airport, the hotel's service is competitively priced compared to taxis, and much nicer (taxis in Belgrade on average are not of a high standard).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cillierabbit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stay for three nights, rooms are decent, clean, though a little small. Breakfast is adequate, not a 5 star. Service very good. TIP: free international landline calls!! Gym is clean with basic equipment. Spending 90 euro/day one of the best choices for Belgrade.
It is a value for money

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at Zira because of a sales conference organised by the company that I work and I have to admit that for the cost of this hotel everything was very decent

the quality of the food was excellent, the conference facilities were very good and stuff was very friendly and helpful

rooms were clean, bathroom was a bit small but in general there was a very good ratio of price and quality offered

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Zira during a touristic trip as a member of a group of 10 closed friends. We had no information of Belgrade before. We were pleased by the kind helps of the staff for arranging daily trips and providing guides. They even succeeded to find a ticket for a basketball match of european league on the same evening we arrived. The room I stayed was a standard 2-bed room which I shared with one friend. The beds were very comfortable that I did'nt feel any pain in the morning when I woke up which is very common for me!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends