Slavija Hotel
Hotel Argo(Belgrade)
Crystal Hotel(Belgrade)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed here when I travelled to Belgrade with a tourist agency for New Year's. That was my fourth time in Belgrade and the accommodation was better each time before that last trip. I know the hotel is very cheap, but I believe there are many much nicer placer for the same or even lower price in Belgrade. The hotel is very big and that is probably the reason the agency chose it (hundreds of people booked in in that period). The room was very poorly equipped, there was no decoration at all, the walls and the ceiling were falling apart and there were several brown spots the walls. Beds were not comfortable, I could feel the springs of the matress. The blanket was old and coarse and not at all cosy. The windows were facing Hram svetog Save (Church of saint Sava), a big attraction of Belgrade and also the only interesting place near. There was no way to enjoy the view, since the windows were so dirty, it was impossible to see through. The bathroom was "audio-connected" with all the bathrooms next, above and under our room. That means I could here people talk three floors above us and shower running in the room above us. The shower was another problem, only three jets of the shower worked and those were very harsh. It took me half an hour to get soap off my body. The floor was dirty, there was no regular room service, except occasional emptying of trash cans and toilet paper refillment. As mentioned before, the location was not good, although some people praise it. It takes you more than half an hour to get to the city centre on foot. The breakfast was good or at least ok. I think there is a part of that hotel, that has been redone and should be a better place to stay, but we weren't that lucky and so we had to stay on the old side. Once we got used to it and brought some soul into the room it was fine, but we are quite adjustable young travellers and have experienced worst. Nonetheless I am not returning back to that place, unless somebody makes me.

Room Tip: Choose the renewed part of the hotel, if you go there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my boyfriend when we were in Belgrade. We had been looking at the pictures here in tripadvisor, and to the price we got it for (20 euros) it looked ok. When we got there, it seemed very nice. The lobby was good, and the staff was nice and helpful. It seemed like a high class-hotel, and we instantly thought we had gotten a good value for our money.
- but then we got to the room... The bathroom was really dirty, and the towels had been used. The shower had no curtains, so if you wanted to shower, you would spray the entire bathroom. There was also a large hole in our bathroom floor for the water to go down, but it smelled really bad and i guess it's a possible "foot trap."
When we booked the room, we asked for a double bed, but we got two single beds (that were too small to sleep in together).
The only good things i can way about this hotel is that the breakfast was good, the service was good, and we got a great view (from our dirty windows) in 11th floor!

Room Tip: if you decide to stay here, at least ask for a room with a good view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 1 April 2014

All was better than expected. I stayed before in hotel Slavija but this time I was pleasently surprised. The furniture is classic but all was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and the service was excellent. Plenty of space in the room as if it was appartment.

Room Tip: very nice, classic, clean, spacious, central location, affordable, enjoyable, excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is really great value, I can't think of another hotel where you have private bathroom and private room for such great price so close to the centre of Belgrade. Okay so the rooms havent been changed since Yugoslavia times, and it is all a bit retro, but if you can put up with that then it is fine. The rooms are large and clean (pay the extra few euros for a 'comfort room') and the bathrooms too are clean and functional even if the decor is old fashioned and some fixtures look a little broken down.

Evrything worked in the room even though it looked a little rundown - appearance isnt everything! Wifi and cable TV was good, and services in the hotel also good. The breakfast isn't anything special but it is included in price and is enough to keep you until lunchtime, especially with meats, cheeses, eggs and breads, lots of fruits and everything else you need. It is replenished often so there is always something left. If you dont like the breakfast then there is a bakery across the square which sells burek and pita for less than 1 euro, so you can always go there without problems.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and were able to give me as much information as I needed, although I know the city well so I didn't need to ask a lot, but they were answering well the questions of other people while I was there. Only problem is that if someone is checking in already, then they are focused only on those people and cant hand your key until they finish, so you can wait a little while, but its not a huge problem. They speak very good English, as well as some of them speaking German and Russian, and of course Serbian.

All in all, if you NEED something bright new and modern with wooden floors, white walls and glass furnitures, this is not for you. If you can put up with retro rooms and simple breakfast for a small price and a great location and service, then you should go here! Its really not as bad as these reviews seem to show.

Room Tip: Choose a comfort room, they are a few euros more expensive, but larger and closer to ground, have opening windows and good connection to wifi and cable tv
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Extremely bad rooms, untidy and dirty.
Lift not working
Impolite and unprofessional staff
Breakfast, which it should not be called
If you can choose between sleeping in the park and this hotel, think.

Room Tip: lift not working
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business