“Not the best; only the staff save this place”

and 1 more site!
The Green Studio in Belgrade
Ranked #58 of 315 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We arrived at the Green Lounge and were given quite a good briefing about where to go to eat, drink and explore Belgrade nightlife.

There is a reception area and a fridge which constitute the "party bar"; there is clearly a lack of investment here. Upon arrival you are given a welcome pack with a free tube of local alcohol; strong aftertaste not the best in my view.

You can join nightly pub crawls which is very standard. Luckily for us, a beer festival was on at the time otherwise, I don't think it would have been as good. The staff including Stefan and Ana try to get all guests involved which I think it pretty cool; they speak excellent English so no issue there

You need to understand that the best "clubs" here are on the boats past the main bridge and things don't get started until well after 2am but continue way into the morning : )

The dorm was a four bed dorm which was very small and not comfortable. The bunks were very low (resembled small kids bunk beds) and I was on a bottom bunk. Everytime, I got up or went to my bunk I hit my head of nearly did; take extra care.

There is one very tight "bathroom" if you can call it that; it is so small and the hose connected to the sink is also the one for the shower so make sure the setting is correct before you on it otherwise, you will quickly find yourself soaked. It is disgusting, we did not see anyone clean it at all and when I went in to use it I wanted to get out ASAP.

My friends and I got itchy bed bugs from this place we reckon from unclean matresses.

The air con unit was located on top of my friend's bunk and some one turned it on full blast and hid the remote; we just pulled out the plug.

The hostel also advertises "free laundry" as one of its services; be careful though, I put my laundry is a bag with my name marked and when you go to collect it, they just mix it with everyone else's clothes. Funny I found all my clothes apart from my Abercrombie and Fitch swimming trunks : ( I still haven't heard anything from the hostel about this.

In general, I would rate the Staff especially Stefan. Ana seemed abit bored with it all but seemed helpful. Hygiene is a key concern for me with this place.

This place needs to improve fast and hold on to key staff to survive.

Group of friends August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Indeed, it is a "Party Hostel" but you can easily find a very chill and laid back atmosphere over there.

The location is absolutely great, but note that the hostel itself is in a 5th-6th floor. Their Green Studio Lounge is very close (right at the end of the street) and there you will experience part of the best of the local scene within their extremely cool staff. They will share nice daily walks with you around the city, some of the awesome local cuisine and, of course, loads of shots of Rakija along with the greatest Beograd nightlife.

The facilities are pretty good: a good kitchen, lively common area and comfortable bedrooms. However, I wish there could be more showers rather than only 2.

Cheers to Ana, Stefan and Nela. Be right back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cristina F
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great location next to train station and ten minute walk to centre of town. Basic facilities. Very warm and friendly atmosphere, REALLY helpful staff, who sat us down and showed us where everything was without being asked. They then took us to the fun Green Studio Lounge down the road (which is the party hostel) and showed us a good night out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We came to this hostel looking for a party and were bitterly disappointed, as were many of the people staying in the hostel with us. Green Studio advertises itself as a party hostel with a 'lounge' area with a 'bar'. It was more like a classroom with a fridge for a bar, which didn't even contain vodka. On the first night we arrived we were mad to have a crazy night in Belgrade as we'd heard so much about the nightlife. Turns out the staff's idea of a pub crawl was to bring us to an isolated boat for some Serbian rap concert. There was no atmosphere and no tourists there so we ended up leaving straight away. The next night we got lucky by ignoring the hostel staff pretty much begging to go on their 'pub crawl' and instead asked some other people on the street where to go. We found the REAL clubs and party boats and had an amazing night! As for the hostel itself, the 4 bed dorm was extremely small and there was a plugged in fan for air con. Nice kitchen and common room area though. Oh and don't forget about the 5 flights of stairs to get to the hostel!!!!! In general we felt cheated and disappointed.

Room Tip: 4 bed dorm was tiny with no air con except an old fan plugged into the wall
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We came under the impression that this was a party hostel. Not the case. We went to the 'Green Lounge' bar just down from where the hostel is. We expected a party but instead it was empty and zero atmosphere. No vodka in the bar either??
The staff then told us they were bringing us to the boats for the rest of the night. We ended up at a single boat with again no atmosphere and left nearly straight away. We were so disappointed with our night out and we cant help but blame the hostel. Sorry!
It wasn't until the next night we got chatting to some other people that the 'party boats' were in a completely different place.
As for the room. Basic. We were in a four bed. Very tight. Air con was a fan plugged into the wall.
The hostel was alright. Close to train and bus is a bonus. 5 minute trek up hill into the square.
But if you were looking for a wild time like we were, not the place to go!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hostel was one of the best i have been to in Europe, price was great, rooms clean and all the amenities (wifi/pc/kitchen/tv/etc etc). The staff in this place are awesome, they feel like old friends, and the hostel bar is great to meet / chat / have a beer / compare zebras. I will be back there soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RobeTerrestrial
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I arrived here with a friend after EXIT festival in Novi Sad. The staff were rude and disrespectful and the service overall was terrible. The only positive aspect of this hostel was its close location to the railway station. If you come to Belgrade, do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends