“Great stay. Srdjan the receptionist was such a nice guy!”
Review of Madness Hostel

Madness Hostel
Madness Hostel
Ranked #50 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was the most bizarre hostel I have ever been to but great! On arrival we were offered an unlimited about of free rakija and even offered chicken wings in case we were hungry. Had a great time drinking and listening to Balkan beats with Srdjan. He even gave us a lift to the train station the next day. Such a nice man. It was really easy to meet lots of cool people there. Very good central location.

Room Tip: We took the apartment room which was very spacious and nice. I can imagine it could get quite loud i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Madness Hostel

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The location is amazing for this hostel, less than a minutes walk to Republic Square. ( which is the main meeting point for pretty much everything! pub crawls, guided tours etc) Also the hostel has the added advantage of Queens Pub just to the right and the tourist information office to the left.
Srdjan... What a guy! I was a bit apprehensive at first being in a country where i didn't know anyone or speak the language but within 5 minutes of knocking on the door i had keys towels bed made and a beer in hand while he taught me his 'Top 10 Things To Learn In Serbian'. Over my stay we had lots of fun chatting cooking and him explaining the history of things to me. And of course the Rakia... Somewhat akin to paint stripper but local & very strong! I will definitely be going back again soon!

Room Tip: Back room has the balcony so if you are likely to be nipping out for phonecalls, cigarettes etc it m...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

There's only one place to start at for reviewing this hostel and that's with Steve (Srdjan if you prefer) he's the owner of this hostel and what a job he does. As soon as you arrive he makes you feel right at home; he shows you around, gives you keys, bedding, towels and something else, ah yes shots of raki mmmm. Nothing says welcome to Belgrade and Hostel Madness than 9am shots of paint thinner. He made our entire trip and because of him we went back a second time. Summing up he's awesome fun and we had a great time and the location is fantastic and the hostel is great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SimonAbdy
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Madness Hostel is a very unique hostel. I stayed in the shared rooms. The space is fairly tight space, and there are 8 people to a room. This means it can get very loud late at night when people come in late after partying(it wasn't too bad though). The location is amazing. The hostel is right in the center of Belgrade so most places are walking distance. Also owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and goes above and beyond to help guests.

Overall, I had an amazing time and have recommended Madness Hostel to all my friends. The only people who shouldn't go (unless they get the private apartment) are people/groups who want to stick to themselves, and families.

Room Tip: If you want to be left alone get the private apartment. If you want to be in with other travelers g...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. The man that owns the hostel really made our stay here, he was a great host and a pleasure to talk to aswell. The rooms are okay but the location is excellent. The owner made us dinner on my last night and it was the best dinner I ate during all of my travels. There is only two small things that caused an annoyance and that was we were never told how to use the key and they expected us to know and the lady who works there had to let us in and was quite confrontational despite not showing us as they are quite tricky if you have never used from that. I feel bad saying this due to the fact that the man was do lovely but it did make me feel a little awkward.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable but I after one night there I moved to El Diablo for the next three night. Madness was very dirty and the beds were so old and the springs were very uncomfortable, it's also more expensive. I feel bad giving a negative review to nice people but it really needs a make over and shower could do with a clean and a fix

Room Tip: One at a different hostel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank tracyeloise
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Hostel was very noisy, people got in at 4 o clock at night and were talking on the balcony just outside the room, smoking just outside the room with the doors open, dirty bathroom and messy common area's. Staff friendly, got a meal incl in the price. If you're looking for a partyhostel this is the place to be, otherwise go elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2012