“Great Place, Good Location”

Pension Travelling Actor
Ranked #116 of 144 Belgrade B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here twice during our travels through Serbia. Jelena and Branka were a fantastic help. My husband has sleep apnea and we were worried that our adapter might not be the right kind...Jelena offered to drive home and get her own to lend until we could buy another if ours didn't work. It wasn't necessary, but were were astonished at her willingness to go out of her way to make us comfortable.
The rooms are small but clean, with flat screen TVs...bathrooms are small but also clean.
The second time we stayed, they didn't have the room we wanted available and were given an upgrade to a suite for the same price as the small room. This suite was phenomenal...with a cute little terrace. It is busy at night with music into the late hours, but how great is it that you can enjoy dinner and a gypsy band and then be only a few steps from your room? The electronic shutters block out most of the noise anyway.

The food in the surrounding restaurants is fantastic. We tipped our customary 20% and were told twice that "this was too much" by our waiter. Unheard of where we're from...LOL.
The pension is in a great location, and we walked all quite a bit. Did a boat cruise on the Sirona which was lovely. Prices are reasonable and you get a lot for your money in Belgrade. People are friendly and very obliging. Took the bus quite a bit as well with no problems. When we return to Belgrade we'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2010

The hotel is conveniently located in the city centre, cornering the Bohemian Quarter. There's a bakery at 50m. As said, rooms are medium sized, very clean and properly heated. There's wifi and flat screen tv. The BF takes place in the restaurant below the hotel. The BF is rather basic ( omelet, coffee, bread ). The pension has a good price/quality ratio.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed one night prior to catching the train to Zurich. This hotel is right in the Bohemian district right around the corner from some restaurants. Rooms are small but comfortable. One feels one is entering an apartment building but there is a reception office. Slept well even though there is music at the restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Great location on a cobblestone pedistrian street. Easy access to all of Belgrade's historical attractions and parks. Very small ( 9 rooms) historic, boutique hotel. Great restaurant and pub in same building, with excellent included breakfast. The staff, headed by Branka, was simply superb. A dozen fine restaurants on same street and a slot casino within a couple of blocks. Weekend nights can be a bit noisy as the Serbs love to be out and about until the wee hours....but quite controlled. Entrance is unique, but rooms are very nicely done. Overall a wonderful base camp for a visit to Belgrade.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pagmeister
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This hotel is located in old Belgrade in a pedestrian zone. Nearby there are restaurants, art galleries - a great location. The outside will fool you, but go inside and the rooms are very nice, clean and the restaurant is a cellar pub and they have live music at night.

There is a larger pedestrian zone very close by - much bigger with more shops, etc.

We very much enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Situated close to the major attractions and shops in the centre of old Belgrade. The staff are very helpful and speak some English. Some great restaurants on the same street as the hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaninBrighton
Reviewed 1 September 2009

When I thought of reviewing this hotel I was a little at a loss as it has been some time since I stayed at a 2* and I was not sure at all of what to expect. Pension travelling Actor is ok though. Branka and Yelena on reception were very helpful and the hotel is in a good position right on the very bohemian Skadarska street. This is easy walking distance to Kalmegdan park or knez mikhailova shopping. For 3 nights I paid about £190 which I thought was ok, Belgrade is a pretty reasonable city in terms of cost with the exception of hotel accomodation, perhaps there is not a lot of competition, so I had seen much pricier hotels about. Skadarska street is noisy right up to about midnight so one thing I would not say is to stay here if you're a light sleeper, but if you want central you have to expect some noise.
The room itself was small but clean and nice bed. So why 3* not 4? The AC was not really effective at all, it was 30 degrees and whilst I normally don't moan about things like that it did get a bit much, oh and the shower! Very small and the most rickety shower doors I have ver seen, I was closing them and half expecting them to fall off at any moment! That said none of this affected how much I enjoyed my stay, and the hotel was very good value in a good location. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo