“Not of you stay for more than one night”
Review of Nacional Hotel

Nacional Hotel
Ranked #83 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Timisoara, Romania
“Not of you stay for more than one night”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed there only one night, as part of a circuit. The guide told us about the hotel, so we knew exactly what to expect, thus the shock wasn't very big when we found that old furniture and old bathroom equipment. We were happy because the bed sheets and towels were very clean. The cable TV was not working. 3-4 channels, but all impossible to watch due to bad reception. Good sound insulation.
The location is pretty nice if you have a car, in small woods away from the city noise.
The breakfast is not very rich, but it was OK for us because I don't like to eat very much in the morning.
Not to recommend to demanding people.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Luton, UK
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Was booked in here by my company for a three night stay...staff are friendly and reception is ok, but the rest of it was like something from a 60`s Soviet propaganda film....everything is so dated and basic...the room heater was a giant hotplate bolted to the wall....there were bare wires in the shower....furniture from a clearance shop and so on.
It is on the edge of an industrial estate, next to a truck stop....oh and during the day it is a "love hotel" where a constant stream of couples come in to book rooms by the hour...had to get out and go into the City which is a good excuse for the taxis to rip you off.

Spent the previous night in the bunk of my truck on a garage forecourt....it was better.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Osiris001

Travellers are raving about these Belgrade hotels

Izola, Slovenia
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We went for the weekend in Serbia, with friends...and we made the biggest mistake ever. Our friends booked and payed in advance, so we had to stay in this hotel for one night. The staff is kind, but this is the only positive thing in this "hotel". I don't have the words to describe how horrible was the toilet, there were insects...not to mention that there was a hole in the floor so you could easily see your neighbour downstairs (fortunately there wasn't anyone downstairs at the time we stayed there). So...I warned you, don't make our same mistake :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnastasijaA2
Washington DC
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I was tricked by a taxi driver , who convinced me to stay in this "convenient" hotel near the airport, renovated only two years ago. Nothing could be further from the truth: the hotel is a relic of the socialist times, and has not seen any renovation ... Ever!

Carpet and wallpaper in the room is worn down.
The furniture was broken.
The bathroom was clean but the shower was not working.

The bed sheets were so worn out that they had numerous visible stitches.

Miracolously, I was able to get a free wifi internet connection, which I suspect was coming from one of the neighbours.

I was charged 35 Euros for the night and left without being tempted to try the breakfast.
I will not go back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank nymphaeus
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel 1 night 'cause it was the closest to the Belgrade airport, from which I was to fly to Turkey. Oh, what a mistake I've made. Cleanliness zero! Food zero! Room quality zero! The reception staff was average. The hotel also hosted a childrens' excursion, and it was extremely noisy, so we couldn't sleep all night, and we were supposed to get up early to go to the airport. The hotel is a relic from the communist era of some kind, and I was very happy just to get out! One would think that the hotel closest to the airport would have been more guest-friendly. Avoid this hotel at any cost!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasko C
blackburn Lancashire
Reviewed 18 September 2009

reception was friendly enough, got a feeling of despair when i saw worn stair carpet, whole place was depressing, room was clean enough.
restuarant was i suppose in the main ok but a request for some wine with meal was offered red or white, red or white what was not responded to, chose the white which could have been anything and assuming it came out of a bottle had left that place some time before.
Breakfast was depressing there was no menu the waiter spoke no english, there seemed to be a choice of hot dog sausages or omlette, no fruit, fruit juice or cereal, I chose the omlette which was very large and oily/greasy I could not eat it, much to the annoyance of what I took to be the manager, coffee was only available in the Turkish manner and a request for some milk fell on deaf ears, in any case one inch of mud covered by two inches of luke warm water is hardly what I wanted.
The price should have been a lot less

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo