“The best hostel in Belgrade”
Review of Sun Hostel

and 1 more site!
Sun Hostel
Ranked #12 of 299 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
Belgrade, Serbia
“The best hostel in Belgrade”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have stayed in other hostels in Belgrade and this one, by far, is the best. It's location is a little bit further from the train and bus terminals, so people might not think to come to this one first, but it's really not hard to get to and well worth it. Highly recommended. Many of the other hostels in Belgrade are like 2 or 3 bedroom flat apartments, up a bunch of flights of stairs, that have been stuffed with bunk beds. The Sun Hostel is a BIG HOUSE with nice furniture and a garden in the back. It's a great place for hanging out and there is really nothing that is too far from where it's located that it's not worth staying. Really, I can tell you from having stayed in other hostels in the city, this is the place to be.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My friend and I weren't supposed to stay at this hostel but the other one we had booked had problems with booking.com and was full so we were reserved a room at the Sun.
And we turned out to be super lucky!

The place is great. Very clean, in a very convenient location - 20min walk from the town centre, super markets (including 24/7 one), restaurants and burger places, menjacnica (money exchange place) just a minute away from it.

They've got a nice kitchen, a living room with TV and PCs, a lovely garden with a fireplace and the best part - an awesome grey cat, Mao!

The staff were just great. Had so much fun with them in the evenings.

Overall, I'm super happy with the place - I'm definitely staying there next time I go to Belgrade.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We (6 persons) stayed in this hostel in october 2012. I really like to remember how it was home-like to sit in the mornings on the terasse and drink tea and kofe. Stuff is very friendly, I even could call them "stuff" - they become our friends ))) thank you! )) Also it's a good opportunity to meet knew people - the guests of the hotel are young and interesting.
The beds were wide, bathrooms clean.

Room Tip: ask the room with a bathroom inside ))
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here with my 5 other friends last week. We were in Serbia for the Scotland football match. As soon as we got to the hostel we were made to feel extremely welcome by the staff on night duty and we knew straight away we had made the right choice. 4 of us had an en-suite 6 bed shared dorm, which was extremely clean and huge, we had so much room for activities! The other two in our group had the deluxe double room upstairs, this room was more like an apartment and I couldn't believe how cheap it was, it looked better than most hotels! As the week went on, we got to know the staff more, and they repeatedly went out their way to make our stay enjoyable. We had great laughs with the night shift guys after we got in from the clubs. The day staff didn't hesitate in booking tours for us, calling taxi's etc. We will definitely be back here, I cant praise it enough and would recommend to anyone. Belgrade is an amazing city, and staying at Sun Hostel added to our trip! 10/10

Room Tip: if you are travelling alone, they have cheap dorm rooms... mattresses are comfortable and the rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Craig_Thomson4
Vienna, Wien, Austria
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I live in Vienna, and i come to Belgrade every three months, for minimum a week to stay at my second house,Sun Hostel!!! What can i say about this place...as i said before,feels like your own home,maybe even better! Friendly staff, helpful for any information you need,beautiful atmosphere,fun,fun,FUN!!! I recommend this place to every person that wants to visit Belgrade, even for one night!!! See you in July!!! :*****

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Me and 3 friends stayed for a week in the Sun Hostel a couple of days ago. I wasn't sure what to expect since the price was very cheap, but I have nothing bad to say about the hostel atall!... The room was clean (till we got there ha) the shower worked fine everyday which is a big fault in a couple of hostels ive been in before and most of all the staff were brilliant! Would recommend to groups of friends looking for a cheap city break, or if your a couple maybe splash out for the luxury rooms upstairs.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Perm, Russia
Reviewed 24 March 2013

it is a nice hostel situated not far from the center. I really liked the decoration of my room and the staff was very friendly.
it was a bit noisy because of a group of young people living in the neighbor 8-beds room But in general I slept well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo