“Lovely hostel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sun Hostel
Ranked #12 of 291 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
“Lovely hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sun Hostel 2 times now and both times were great. The hostel is clean and very very cheap. :) the staff is nice and friendly and the hostel is pretty close to city center. What else would you need?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here two nights in Dec 2013 before journeying to a ski resort. Staff were freindly, funny and helpful; entire building was warm, clean and comfortable; the communal room was social and cosy, the kitchen was large and well equipped; the walled outside garden/smoking area was useful for me as a smoker; security was good, especially because the local police often pop by for a break on the beat and a cup of tea, plus, there staff are on reception 24/7; and the internet connection/wifi was reliable.

Very happy with my stay there and the price was affordable. No complaints. Oh, and being a cat person, the two cats made it feel homely for me.

Thanks to Darko for guiding me to a spit and sawdust bar that played great Serbian folk music, and for educating me on what Rakija to try.

Room Tip: There's a self-contained 2 bedroom apartment on the upper floor. I booked a private single room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

So, if you'll live in that place you'll really feel you "like home". It's really nice hostel, with great staff, perfect location and it's really good place to stay!
As for me, it's was really surprisingly that staff always helps you, if you need something that is not connected with the hostel: they could give you a piece of advice about what to visit in Belgrade, where's the best bakery, bank, cafe, whatever you want. It's like you live in five-star hotel :)
The essential thing of the hostel is atmosphere: staff is really kind and i'm sure that you'll have wonderful time in the Sun Hostel.
Love them!

Room Tip: I was in a room with 9 beds, and I think it's really cosy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank koshachy
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Thank you very much to the staff of the hostel, especially to Adrianna, It was the first time in this hostel and in the Belgrad. I felt me like at home due to the attention and care of staff of the hostel. This hostel has many advantages: friendly atmosphere, location near of the center and cost. I recommend to visit to Belgrad and choise this hostel!!!!
Katia, Novosibirsk. September, 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have had wonderful time in the Sun Hostel and will definitely come back. Everything was perfect and I was not expecting to receive excellent service in a hostel like I did receive. This kind of service I have not received in some hotels. Don't hesitate, when you just see the name of Sun Hostel BOOK ITTTTTTT, you will not regret.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place is really good. Cozy atmosphere and artistic design in everything. It is both functional and beautiful place at the heart of Belgrade. I especially loved the inner garden full of green leaves and yellow dreams.The hostel staff were very friendly and open and provided everything we needed. What else... the bathroom was decently clean and maintained - not something that I can usually say for hostel bathrooms. My only regret was sharing the big room with some english girls that insisted to sleep on air conditioning, which was very frustrating to say the least, and I hardly got any sleep at all (I went down to the living room and crashed on the sofa there until the morning). However such things are inevitable when sharing a room with 10+ more people, and for $6 I don't feel that I can complain too much. If you want privacy I believe there are more "expensive" options.
tl;dr - Very good hostel! I recommend it!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that sleeping in a room with many people can be both fun and frustrating if you have di...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Firstly we arrived about 10pm after an 11 hour train so we basically just went straight to sleep as soon as we got there. Then we were moved to another room the following morning. We went out for the day and returned to find that one of the male memebers of staff had been 'moved' into our room (quiet convinient considering he saw 4 girls going in there) he then went on to make inappropriate comments such as 'can i join you in the shower and we saw him basically 'enjoying himself' whilst we were in the room which made us feel very uncomfortable. There was also a large group of older men who were constantly in the hostel (who didnt live there) who would also say things in serbian and laugh, pretty pervey. We spent the night out on the river boat and woke up to see a man with a camera filming us, we were all quiet confused at the time and we were later told that we were being filmed for a documentry about hostels. We found this very strange, obviously and i still cant believe this happened. All in all the experince wasn't the best, we felt uncomfortable to come back to the hostel due to the comments that were made and the general vibe in the hostel wasnt good. Some memebers of staff were helpful and it was clean but that didnt really make up for our time there. I wouldnt recommend this hostel if your a young girl as we constantly felt on edge around some memebers of staff. Its cheap but the location isnt great. Im sure there is somewhere much better!!!

• Stayed August 2013