“Gorgeous, splendid, extraordinary ! I didnt know if i am at home or in a hotel !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balkan Hotel Garni

Balkan Hotel Garni
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Belgrade
Cugir, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I came to Belgrad for the World Handball Championship and because Belgrade is a very nice town and the serbian people are great ! For the first steps in the hotel i was amazed about the lady from the reception. I saw that for the very begining they want to help you with everything you need. I could park the car even if i didnt say when i made the reservation that i will come with the car. After, even if it was only 12.30 and the check in was at 14.00 we received the room very quickly and because we had to wait 5 minutes we received tea and cofee ( i stayed in a lot of hotels 5,4,3 stars in different countries but i was never treatead so kind and nice ! ). The room is so nice, clean, spacious that you cant make the diference betwen a 4* hotel ( i dont know why it isnt a superior hotel in stars because it deserve ) and Balkan Garni rooms. I heared about a restaurant but i didnt know where it is. The staff from the hotel asked me to approximate where is the place and after they entered on the internet, search all the zone and found the name and the exact place of the restaurant. It was extraordinary for us. They present us the interest points in Belgrad, what to visit, where to go, which taxi are ok and which are pirates, they amazed me because they always want to help you ! In the second night they recommended a local restaurant. We made the reservation and at the time we said it was a car from the restaurant to take us. The service was perfect ( like on the cruise or 5 star restaurant), the food was great ( local cusine is gorgeous i recommend mesano meso, shopska salad and the local wine ) and the prices were super super ( we were 4 persons , each eat mesano meso and shopska salad, a big plate with al kind of deserts and 2 bottles of wine with water and juice it was ONLY 60 euro !!! ). After we eat we were taken at the hotel with the same car and we didnt have to pay anything !!! I was so amazed about how great was the hotel ! My expectations were exceeded from the first minute till we leaved. I recommend this hotel with all the warm. We will go there everytime we will be in Belgrade. They treated us like a family and because of this they won us for ever !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bogdan-Petric

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Leskovac, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have been in Hotel Balkan Garni for 3 times up to now. First I was there on November 2011 and this was great hotel with wonderful breakfast. On 2012 this hotel just lost some percentage of its beauty and service. And in November 2013 I was there for third time and I was not so satisfied with quality. I will explain shortly.
Staff is great, that is something that I would like to emphasize. This item is out of polemic and I have only words of glory for them.
But, rooms are pretty cold, strange smell from bathroom is coming - very bad one. Also, they are not changing towels every day, you are not going to have new soap or shower gel or shampoo every day. What you have for the first day of your stay that will be for your whole stay of 4-5 days.
Rooms are nice and you will have normal internet connection free of charge.
Hair drier is also working fine in every room and you will have mini bar from which you can purchase your drinks and chocolates. You will also have cooking appliance to make hot tea.
If you don't like tall pillows that you will have problem. I just cannot sleep on to big pillow and I had a big problem with this.
But, this is also not going to be change if you spent some because is free of charge.
I need to say that this hotel have good position. It has good public transport lines and you won't need to wait to long for your bus.
Also, in front of hotel you will have Mc. Donalds and Maxi Supermarket and here you can buy whatever you need if you want to eat inside of your room.
I am coming back often back to this hotel because of the position, I like the place and I am not unsatisfied, but I think this hotel should improve its service as it has potential to do that.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that are looking on the main street where Mc Donalds is as in those rooms a lot o...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Aleksandra1982-18
Jovana Z, Front Office Manager at Balkan Hotel Garni, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your stay in Balkan Garni Hotel.

At the Balkan Garni Hotel we like to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable. I am especially pleased that you fine stuff helpful and I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

I am sorry that you did not get the small pillows. Please ask for this when you next stay with us as the Housekeeping team will be more than happy to assist.
We have double heating system, central system and air-conditioning. We would be happy to assist you to adjust your room temperature suitably, please just inform us.

I am however, thrilled that you enjoyed high speed internet, location of the hotel and front desk stuff.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Jovana Zivanic
Front Desk Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Comparing to our first already excellent stay in august, it has gotten even better! Great service! The breakfast guy is now greeting and putting up a little smile. Last time it was a negative comment from me. If he would ask people how they are or if everything is according to wish, it would be great. Bread could be fresher.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank jippooo
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your visit.

It is wonderful to read that you had a delightful few days with us.

I am delighted to read that you love staying with us.
Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they need to make their stay one that is comfortable and memorable.
Thank you for informing us how we can upgrade the service at the restaurant because we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jovana Zivanic
Front desk manager
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel is situated in one commercial center and the reception is on the second floor. Visited for weekend, has been a while we did not stay in this hotel. Clean, improved!!
Very impressed, especially great customer service on breakfast time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PCz2013
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Modern room, not very big but roomy. Pretty clean. Every day they changed towels and sheets. Girls form reception desk were not only polite, but also very beautiful. The boy too.They gave us many useful information about city and places to visit. Breakfast was a quality one. I enjoy fried zucchini in particular. A little problem with parking. The hotel has only two parking spaces which were occupied, but the boy from reception help me and advise where to park. And...I don't know why the room bar is so expensive. If prices were half, I would have drunk a bottle of beer. So, I buy beer from the store across the street. Very fast internet conection. Modern LCD TV and futuristic bathtub shower. I also liked very much neighborhood with many stores, McDonald's, pizza. I recomand this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabriel_Locomotiva
Osijek, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed in hotel for 2 nighIt and it is excellent value for money. Breakfast was good. Rooms are comfortable, spacious and modern.The staff is very friendly!I look forward to my next visit, one of many.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Blair24
Jovana Z, Front Office Manager at Balkan Hotel Garni, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion about Balkan Hotel Garni.
As you know, we are family hotel, and all of us work here with our hearts.

We were very happy to read your review.

All the best,

Balkan Garni Team
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've been traveling for the last 4 months, on sabbatical. Most of the hotels are either 3 or 4 stars. Balkan Garni is the best hotel on this trip. The staff is amazing, really raises the bar with a 5 stars quality. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with added points to the fancy shower with functions ranging from music to lights to hydro-massage. We've loved the hotel so much that, when we randomly stopped over Belgrade before our next destination, we immediately booked it again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmilioMeira
Dear Mr. Emilio,

First, let us thank you in behalf of Hotel Balkan Garni staff
Your kind words give us a strength to keep on in our mission to fulfill our guests expectations.

With respect,