“excellent”

Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Belgrade
Podgorica, Montenegro
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stunning effort of the stuff,trying the best to make you feel welcomed.Excellent food,sleeping and room service.Simply,I'll come again,I hope soon.As I'm basketball player I was suspicious about the comfort,food etc.Everything was oposite-fabulous.Highly recomended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Neso P
BalkanGarniHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Balkan Hotel Garni, responded to this review, 12 March 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our Balkan Hotel Garni.
It is always such a pleasure to read that our guests left with a good impression of the product and service. We would be delighted in welcoming you back to Hotel Balkan Garni in the near future.

Best regards,

Hotel Balkan Garni Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Brunssum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel for a business trip. It is about a 25 minute drive from Belgrade Airport and easily done by car. Upon arrival, look carefully for the McDonalds, as the hotel is situated across from it inside the building. Go up a few stairs and you will notice the sign where you will be greeted in a very genuine and friendly way by the receptionist on duty.

The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Also the WiFi is fairly fast and reliable.

I didn't take the breakfast as I was not hungry that morning, and the day after we had to leave very early.

The hotel has an agreement with two excellent restaurants to pick you up from the hotel and take you back after. They are within a 15 minute drive from the hotel.

If you are looking for some really nice places to eat you can always take a cab (which the hotel can arrange for you) and go to Skadarlija. Many nice and traditional Serbian places.

Make sure you take a "legal" cab, as those are the ones that are metered and reliable!

Enjoy your stay at this hotel :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Tom S
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

In my opinion, one of the best quality-price ratio for an hotel.
I had a prepaid rate of 30 euros per night for a comfortable single room with terrace. Considering this rate, I was not expecting top notch room and amenities. The room was howewer clean, even if not everything was perfectly neat inside (toilet lid half broken, one lamp didn't work, minors details!)
So now to the title of the review: if you want to stay on a budget and avoid paying for a taxi from the airport, you can conveniently take bus 72 or minibus A1 from the airport to the train station. I took bus A1 (300 dinars). You'll have to go down at the 1st stop after the bridge and you'll be in front of a tram stop. You can buy a BusPlus card at the kiosk and board the tram 13, whiwh has direct conection to the hotel. Stop name in front of the hotel is Dom Zdravlja (you can find it on google maps). 73 dinars for the tram ticket. Stop name is indicated on electronic panel in modern trams. In case you are in an old tram, watch for the Maxi Supermarket and McDonald's, so you know when to go down! Other tram stopping at the same stop is tram 12.
Otherwise, if you miss the stop, you just have to walk back some 600 meters. Not a big deal!
The hotel is a little bit out of central Belgrade, but considering the price of a single room with private bathroom, for me it's worth loosing 15 minutes in transportation.
Next to the hotel is restaurant Vuk 2, which was the best authentic serbian restaurant around. I woukd definetely recommend this restaurant.
I will try to upload the bus stop picture, but not sure Tripadvisor will allow the picture as it doesn't show the hotel itself.
In case you have questions, don't hesitate to contact me!
Click helpful if you found the informations about public transportatoin helpful! Thanks.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank seventynine
Jovana Z, Front Office Manager at Balkan Hotel Garni, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be convenient, clean and practical.
I would love to see you back to Balkan Hotel Garni again soon.

Kindest regards.

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I chose this hotel from Trip Advisor's "Best Value' listing. I was not sure what to expect especially this was my first trip to Serbia and it was late at night when i arrived into town. The hotel is in a multi-storied building quite a bit away from the main railway station. However, the hotel is on the route of Tram #12 or Tram #13. You can purchase a ticket from the tram driver and it will drop you off in front of the hotel. Luckily someone on the tram told me to get off at the correct stop. The sign for the hotel is hard to find especially at night. Nevertheless, from the moment i stepped into the hotel until i checked out (2 nights later) i was very impressed by the quality of the room, the furnishings, the ambiance and the decor. The front staff especially Ms. Angela and her colleagues was outstanding in her attention to make sure that all my questions were answered. She was extremely helpful in helping me understand how to purchase bus tickets, how to get to the airport (using the bus..which is an extremely inexpensive option in case you need it) as well suggestions for where to exchange currency, a hairdresser and restaurant options!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank sdpgod
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your nice and detailed review which I gladly appreciate.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us once again and that we have met your expectations and we didn't disappoint you in any way. I wish to offer you the best possible rate for your next stay, so please do email or call us for the most competitive offer.
We look forward to welcoming you at Balkan Garni Hotel again soon.

Kind regards.
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is in a nice area with good transport sevices. The front entrance is not very obvious, but the hotel and the rooms are really nice. There are many shops and cafes in the area. I would use the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vladimir_16734632
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay at Balkan Hotel Garni.
We would definitely love to see you back here again.
Please contact us when you are planing to come in Belgrade next time, so we can assist you with your reservation!

Kind regards,

Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I spent in this hotel just one night (biz trip) and I was really satisfied. The rooms are big and clean, the breakfast is good and the staff super nice. The outside is not very beautiful and as I saw it I thought I was in the wrong place, but as soon as I entered I changed my mind! The only negative thing is that it is a bit difficult to find, I suggest to write or call them before going and ask for instruction. Anyway, definitely recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Eve03_11
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed 11 nights and enjoyed my stay. The staff are very polite and helpful. The hotel is far from the centre but plenty of buss outside the hotel. Plenty of shops around. I will definitely used it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo