“Delightful setting and amazing veal dish”
Review of Panta Rei

Panta Rei
Ranked #182 of 1,312 Restaurants in Belgrade
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

If you are in Belgrade please make sure you have time to visit Panta Rei to have their veal signature dish. Very very good indeed. Service is excellent. We visited in early spring and the excitement was noticeable in the crowd changing from gray to blue. The veal dish is very well executed. And the Serbian wine list is impressive.

1  Thank Juan_in_Pretoria

Reviewed 4 May 2014

While the food was quite OK, and the wine recommendations very much appreciated, I am surprised to see this restaurant this highly ranked here on Tripadvisor. The quality of the food, the cooking, the presentation, was average, while the price was a bit in the higher end. The restaurant is located by the Danube, which I find quite charming, but that is basically it. Belgrade has a vibrant restaurant scene and there are plenty of other places in Belgrade that offer better food for less.

2  Thank ArcticTraveller531
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Amazing experience. Thats probably the best way to describe the experience of dining at Panta Rei. Came to Belgrade after 20 years to visit some of my old friends who recommended this restaurant as the place to meet and eat. The location, on the river Danube, the design and the atnosphere in the restaurant (almost full on Tuesday night!!), the impeccable service and the amazing food. For the starters (if you can call them starters) we had chefs reccomendations- Barbara Salad and Gnocchi with chicken and truffles that were big enough to share between not just the three of us but 6 people at least, the Duck Breast with homemade cranberry sauce, Steak as I have never seen before and Stuffed Turkey Breast as mains and as if it wasnt enough,the very best cheesecake I have ever had in my life, apple rolls and chocolate fondue as desserts all accompanied with triple destilled serbian rakija and locan red wine... All for about 70 euros while I wouldnt mind paying three times that price for the overall experience we had...
If you find yourself in Belgrade and feel like trying ecclectic balkan cuisine in the wonderful athmosphere- book yourself a table at Panta Rei. You wont regret it...

1  Thank Drazz0612
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We ate steak and veal and it was so deliciou. Pedja, the waiter, gave us excellent recommendations for red vine Prokupac, as well as excellent desert wine which was very tastefull and sweet. Desert was special story, one of the best chocholate rapshody tha I ever tried. Excellent service, nice terrace and and very clean toilete make this restaurant one of the best I ever visited on my trips. You must try !

2  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited Belgrade for 1 day and decided to eat in Panta Rei restaurant.
My boyfriend ordered shrimp soup and then some pasta with prosciutto and I had salad with some nuts on it (forgot the name, it's under vegeterian food). It was very tasty, full of flavours and I really loved it

But we were a bit dissapointed - they do not have any appetizer and deserts for vegans (everything with meat, milk or cheese), our waiter did not understand english (wanted to order some icecream and he didn't understand us eventhough we asked him in serbian and english).

But at the end we were satisfied with our meal and would visit it again. The prices are reasonable and the food really is great!

1  Thank Nela P