Crystal Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Argo(Belgrade)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssava templerestaurants nearby for dinnerclean and tidy hotelchain hotellovely hotelcold cutscity centremini barnice designtwo nightswelcome drinkquiet streetstaff was very friendly and helpfulhotel staffexcellent breakfastexcellent choicehotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I speny 3 nights at this hotel last week beacuse it came highly recommended by a serbian friend. WHAT A DISPPOINTMENT!!!
I arrived with my friends very late at night after driving 10 hours from Brasov. After checking in, my room had white carpet. It was disgustingly dirty and stained. I couldnt even walk barefoot on it. After calling the reception, another room was showed as an option, all pink, with even dirtier carpet.
I decided to stay in the first one with the promise that more rooms would open up next day. I continued to shower, but the hair dryer wasn't working, so they brought me a regular one. To my surprise there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom, so I had to call for an extension cord to blow dry my hair.
The towels were small and very old and almost see through. No tissue paper in the bathroom.
The next morning the black out curtains did not close and the sun was shining in my face at 8 am.
I was finally moved to another room. Same condition. They called it an "upgrade" and all it had was a bigger bed.
The elevator was broken, apparently since June at least.
When I checked out, I was charged 26 E!!!!! for the nescafe coffee that was given in the rooms, which in EVERY hotel, no matter how poor it is, is COMPLIMENTARY. Well, not here, you will be charged for this coffee or tea.
They give you an electrical pot to heat water, but again, no electrical outlet where the refresments are.
Lastly, the breakfast was also not a great option, and if you didnt get early enough, you wouldnt be able to find even cereal. I will not me going to this hotel again.
Worth mentioning is that this hotel is anti gay, i travelled with a gay couple and even though when they made the reservation they asked for a king size bed, after checking in, they called to offer 2 separate beds, in a very discriminating way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I liked this hotel. The lounge and hotel were busy, with a pleasant outdoor courtyard, used mainly for smoking.

The rooms were luxurious and well appointed and my suite had an incredible 3 TVs. One in the office, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom.l In the toilet annex. Side on to the throne.

No. I just couldn't work it out either. There wasn't enough water in the minibar, but it was well appointed. The problem was, as a previous reviewer has already stated, the staff. I'm a large man. I'm not used to being shouted at but the girls on the front desk thoguht this was fine. There was no fitness room in the hotel and so I was given (okish) directions to a nearby gym. I joggged there only to find they took cash only, as I had none I jogged back. when I mentioned it, she must have remembered that I did ask but got no answer. rather guiltily she screamed "I told you that! I told you!! You should listen!"

Whether she did or she didn't, you don't speak to me like that.

I'm not going back.

Room Tip: get a luxury one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms looked like new, they had a luxurious modern design, the room was also bigger than what I have experienced in Belgrade. the breakfast was good. I gave this hotel an average because the staff are not well informed about the procedures or policies.

I booked and payed for 2 nights, however the 2nd night i had to leave the hotel, I asked if that is ok and that the money will be refunded, the staff said yes no problem. no refund came and I contacted the hotel, they said its non refundable, I told them that's fine i will use the hotel agin so credit me, they said ok. I had a change of plans so I said I cant come back, please refund me the room price and they completely ignored me, so they get an average rating.

Room Tip: Arrange to pay on check out.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Located in a residential neighbourhood yet with easy access to downtown, this modern hotel makes a good impression. Rooms are well designed, some with nice views of Sava Cathedral, breakfast is fresh and varied, and the rooftop terrace is a highlight for sundowners. Very friendly staff, several small shops/bakeries/restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed 7 nights in early September on first visit to the very interesting city of Beograd/Belgrade.
Exceptionally friendly & helpful staff, well appointed & run hotel. Everyone did their best to make a wide variety of guests welcome.
At 78 I was appreciative of the lack of noise compared with the UK (though a fellow-guest told me
that Belgrade night-life is the best in Europe!)
Marvellous choice of food for breakfast, well stocked, reasonably priced bar, great view of the city from the roof-top terrace bar.
Two minor suggestions. A chair in the room would be good: not everyone wants to watch TV in bed. And it seems a bit mean to charge for tea-bags in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo