“Great little room during our one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vila Terazije

Vila Terazije
Ranked #66 of 83 Hotels in Belgrade
ontario
“Great little room during our one night stay”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I would not recommend for long stays as our room was TINY but the location can't be beat. The room was spotless and modern. The bathroom small but efficient with a stellar shower. The staff was great and the price was right for a city centre room. Air conditioning was great. Overall great value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelGrrrrrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Vila Terazije is a newly opened hotel (opened in 2010, or so) in central Belgrade (location is spitting distance from Knez Mihajlova – main shopping and pedestrian area in Belgrade, with myriad of restaurants and cafes). The entrance is not promising (old, run down building from the outside) and I felt a bit of a tinge in my belly, as I approached it. But once you put your foot on the first step (fyi - reception is on the 1st floor), you will start to realise that this is a good quality, recently refurbished, place. I’ve stayed in the single room just behind the reception. The room is tiny, but just enough for one person. However, everything is still smelling brand new and is spotlessly clean. So to the details – unlike one of the previous reviewers, I found the hair drier (under the wash basin) and the shampoo/soap was there as well (although I brought my own, I was delighted to find the hair drier, as, guess what, I forgot to pack up the plug converter). The shower is brilliant, better than the one I have at home. Good pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed is firm and comfortable, but could have benefitted from another pillow and a spare blanket (duvet is far too much). Air con worked OK and made the stay comfortable (it was 28C that day in Belgrade). The staff was very forthcoming (I’ve asked for an additional towel and it was promptly delivered) and helpful (they’ve accommodated my request to store luggage with them, after the check out and then upon my return few hours later, opened one room for my friend, who didn’t even stay at the hotel, for her to use the toilet). So is there anything bad about it? Well, it is in the dead centre of the city, so it is a tad noisy during the night, but you would get that in any of the other hotels that surround Terazije. So if I go back, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Nenad B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Rooms are extremely small and old style. This is hotel made inside apartments, but separating rooms, so there is no facilities you will expect from normal good hotel. Our room very very smelly from toilet. If you open window it was too noisy. Window was small and looking at another wall - no view at all. Hotel doesn't have any facilities - no lobby, restaurant, pool, balcony or anything else. Shower is extremely small. Location is good, but bit on the side.

This is hotel made cheaply for local people to stay when they visiting main city - Belgarde. I would not recommend it to any tourist. You can find much better hotel for the same money.

Positive - when I complain and want to move (as I really didn't want to stay here) - girl on reception was very friendly and help me find batter (amazing good!) hotel in pure heart of city. She was awesome.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Dean S

Travellers are raving about these Belgrade hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The entrance to the hotel is everything but glamourous but thats ok when the hotel is located exactly in the middle of all the biggest sights of Belgrade. Convinient! Stayed in a small single room just behind the reception that was very good value for the price. Room was lately renovated and all furniture felt like new. Bathroom was small but with a very good modern shower-wall. Receptionists were nice and could help you if you had any questions. Free citymap and guide of nightlife was given to me. There is only one warning I have to you: when switching off the lights of the room watch out you dont switch off the warm water heater as well (the buttons are all together) or you will wake up and have only cold shower :P Also you should now this hotel has no breakfast facilities, but there is a 24/7 open "7-eleven copy" outside the hotel entrace. A hotel on the other side of the street has breakfast if you want to buy yourself in there for morning coffe, but there is really no need as there are caffees everywhere in the surronding area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank strober
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed 2 nights in Vila Terazije. We stayed in 123 cities all over the world I don't see a room as small as Terazije. When arrive the hotel I said that "I don't want to stay in this room". But staff said that "tonight impossible but tomorrow we can change your room with bigger one".
I look for another hotel but I can't found vacancy.

Next day hotel staff said that "we can't change room, we make mistake yesterday"

Because of my illness we must to stay at hotel.

Location is very good but nothing more. Please note that this is not hotel building. 2 flats of a building.

We not recommend this hotel. This is my second "not recommend" after Cairo.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank enginersoz
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The rooms are small but ok. Good bed, clean and contemporary bathroom (with rainshower), although small as well. Staff is really friendly, with 24/7 presence, so you can leave your key at the reception when you go out, day or night.
Noise from the outside is kept outside, but be aware you will hear the people in the room above walking, and the people in the hall talking.
Excellent airco, too bad the curtain did not close 100% so we had the sunrise getting in early (summer)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lilo_Brussel
Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here for a night in July. It is in a very central location. The rooms are small but adequate. Air con was very effective. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. The lack of a lift may be a problem to some people but did not bother us.There is no breakfast available but being so central it is easy to find something nearby. I think it is good value for its location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family