“Great place to stay”

Ranked #65 of 84 Hotels in Belgrade
Locarno
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Perfect place to stay in Belgrade. right in the center, close to everything you need...cafe, restaurant, bars, important things to see... We had an exclusive room, which is very comfortable, beautifully designed, good bed, very clean... Very friendly personal. I recommend this place. We will certainly get back again when we come again in Belgrade.

Room Tip: exclusive room are just wonderful ...look the same, as is on the pictures of the hotel site
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Great location – that’s what sold me on this hotel – but not much else. The reception is poorly manned so you have to wait for their pleasure. No amenities: no restaurant, no breakfast. There is just a jug in the room and you have to get your own tea bags. There is also a filthy rug in the middle of the room which I wanted to throw out of the window. I was in a tiny single room with water dripping from a faulty tap in the bathroom, so next day I asked for another room. The second room was not much better. I had to go and buy some cleaning fluid to kill the stench emanating from the shower and toilet. There was a lot of noise from people in the nearby park, so I could hardly sleep. I promise never to return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Belgrade hotels

Madrid
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We got a room on the first floor, just above Prizrenska street, where there is a taxi stand. From six in the morning, noise is almost unbearable. We asked the reception for a change; unfortunately, hotel was complete and we could not move. I ignore how much noise would've been in a different room.
Other than this unpleasant thing we were not expecting, beds were not made the day of our arrival and they didn't tidy up our room the next day.

Room Tip: At least rooms facing Prizrenska street are very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joffah
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We have spent 4 nights in Beograd and we must say the king suite experience is fantastic;-)
Cool staff members! Recommending us some good old traditional serbian bars and restaurants.
I would definitely recommend the king suite and the lux suite... And even a double room since we had people in all rooms. Good value for price.

• Stayed May 2012
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2012

For the price I expected something much more modest, but the only negatives were the single room was quite small (typical of European city hotels), and it was literally right behind the reception desk, which turned out not to be an issue over 3 days and nights.

On the plus side, the bed was incredibly comfortable and had luxurious linens and pillows, and the space-age shower was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. It's like a 5-star shower at a 3-star price, and the rest of the bathroom was nice as well. My room (and most rooms) overlook a park, and with the window open it can be a bit loud, but the double-pane windows make it silent when they are closed, and the air-con works great.

The location, as others have mentioned, is also perfect. Reception is one floor up, so it's not as easy to find as it might be, but immediately below is a 24-hour minimart, which is very convenient. The main pedestrian shopping street is accessible just up a set of stairs about 50 meters from the hotel, and nightlife and many nice restaurants and fast food options are also within a short walk.

The staff were very friendly and speak fluent English and I'll definitely stay here again next time through Belgrade.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
ontario
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I would not recommend for long stays as our room was TINY but the location can't be beat. The room was spotless and modern. The bathroom small but efficient with a stellar shower. The staff was great and the price was right for a city centre room. Air conditioning was great. Overall great value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelGrrrrrl
London
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Vila Terazije is a newly opened hotel (opened in 2010, or so) in central Belgrade (location is spitting distance from Knez Mihajlova – main shopping and pedestrian area in Belgrade, with myriad of restaurants and cafes). The entrance is not promising (old, run down building from the outside) and I felt a bit of a tinge in my belly, as I approached it. But once you put your foot on the first step (fyi - reception is on the 1st floor), you will start to realise that this is a good quality, recently refurbished, place. I’ve stayed in the single room just behind the reception. The room is tiny, but just enough for one person. However, everything is still smelling brand new and is spotlessly clean. So to the details – unlike one of the previous reviewers, I found the hair drier (under the wash basin) and the shampoo/soap was there as well (although I brought my own, I was delighted to find the hair drier, as, guess what, I forgot to pack up the plug converter). The shower is brilliant, better than the one I have at home. Good pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed is firm and comfortable, but could have benefitted from another pillow and a spare blanket (duvet is far too much). Air con worked OK and made the stay comfortable (it was 28C that day in Belgrade). The staff was very forthcoming (I’ve asked for an additional towel and it was promptly delivered) and helpful (they’ve accommodated my request to store luggage with them, after the check out and then upon my return few hours later, opened one room for my friend, who didn’t even stay at the hotel, for her to use the toilet). So is there anything bad about it? Well, it is in the dead centre of the city, so it is a tad noisy during the night, but you would get that in any of the other hotels that surround Terazije. So if I go back, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo