“Amazing place to experience the Serbian cuisine and lifestyle.”
Review of Tri Sesira

Tri Sesira
Ranked #29 of 1,248 Restaurants in Belgrade
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Amazing place to experience the Serbian cuisine and lifestyle.”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was very pleased to find out this restaurant on the first of three nights i spent in Belgrade. It was kinda easy to spot, since it was packed with people (inside and outside, and it is impressively big). When I don't have any know how I follow the rule: Always search for the place, full with people, usually there is a good reason for that. I was not disappointed!

First, there was the food - amazing, traditional and exactly what a foreigner would be interested in experiencing.

Secondly, there was the dunja - rakiya made of quince and honey, the best part - home made! And that's for real. I've searched all the stores looking for anything like it to bring home - no luck.

Saving best for last, there were the tamburaši - musicians, going around the table and singing traditional Serbian songs (Goran Bregovich experience). That was sooo fun!

I was surprised that we were the only foreigners, everybody around us were Serbian - parties of 10-15 people, on a week night, celebrating or just socializing, drinking, singing and dancing. There is something about the Serbian culture in general - people are so warm and positive, that just being around them makes you happier.

You can tell I really love that place!

• Visited October 2013

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
“A nice dinner experience”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nice traditional food in the Skadarska district. Service is professional, food is well prepared. A bit too touristy to my liking, but the terrace is really enjoyable at night if you're looking for a busy place with traditional music.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“I take my hat off - to The Three Hats!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Upon being given a recommendation from the receptionist where I was staying whilst in Belgrade, I thought I would try out The Three Hats (or known locally as 'Tri Sesira') for a real Serbian dining experience. I decided to wander along to the restuarant late one afternoon, assuming that I'd end up having a quiet, late lunch around 3.30 - 4pm. The receptionsit had forewarned me there was live music of offer at the venue - however, due to the lateness of my arrival, I didn't consider it at all. Boy, was I in for a surprise!

Arriving at the restaurant, I found many of the outside, undercover tables to be occupied. However, as I happened to be a solo diner, the waiter found me a small table near the entrance of the restaurant. And the live band was there, working hard - wandering around from table to table, playing local, folklore-ish style music, which added quite nicely to the lively atmosphere. Thankfully, I was left alone by the band, to enjoy my meal + read my Lonely Planet accordingly :-)...

I ended up selecting a dish of various tasters (local delicacies, including several slices of various salamis/hams, a couple of varieties of cheeses, olives, dumplings, etc), along with a side dish of 'Serbian' salad and very large bread roll too. All in all, more than sufficient for my lunch-time requirements.

I'd definitely go back there - it does live up to its reputation. And, if you are looking for a 'Serbian' style dining experience, then you can't go wrong here!

• Visited September 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Old style in the city center”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

It is not "haute cuisine" but authentic serbian dishes with an ensemble playing local songs... Meet comes with potatoes or vegetables, other side dishes to be paid extra!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Traditional food, enormous portions, reasonable price”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Big, busy restaurant at the heart of Skadaralia, a beautiful pedestrian street, featuring traditional style buildings, balconies and flowerpots. The food was tasty- i had the mixed grill and got five different kinds of meat, generously cut, impossible to finish... Musicians played cheerful tunes throughout the evening, and the place was heavily populated by local people. Try to sit outside (we didn't and regreted it) as the cigarettes smoke is very dominant inside. We ended up paying about 20$ per person, which seemed very reasonable, considering the variety and the huge servings.

• Visited October 2013