“Awesome Hotel”

Square Nine Hotel Belgrade
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This was one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The staff were hospitable, efficient and friendly. The decor was excellent and the room was great. The location was perfect nestled just behind the walking street. It was a few blocks in one direction from the fort and military museum and a few the other way for some good restaurants and touristy stuff.

I am going back to Belgrade on business in the future and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear "iamspamus"

We are so pleased that you had wonderful stay with us and that you took some lasting memories back home, even more pleased that you will return back . We are looking forward to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I love this hotel. It's big enough to not feel claustrophobic, but small enough to still feel 'boutiquey' and to get personal service from the lovely staff. Style is a mix of minimalist and antique, rooms are spacious and well equipped and comfortable. The lobby bar is great - day or night, and the restaurant is fabulous. Breakfast is amazing, and dinner there is really something special (make sure you leave room for dessert!). I always stay here now when I'm in Belgrade and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear "AndieB2010"

Thank you very much for choosing Square Nine when you stay in Belgrade and for saying that you will return - we look forward to your next visit.

We are so pleased that you took some lasting memories back home and Goran our Executive Chef with his team is sending you regards. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Square Nine is a well designed and well run hotel in a very nice location. I've stayed several times, and appreciate the service, cleanliness and order that are not always found here. I especially like that they remember me and treat me like a valued guest.

The rooms are well sized and feature large, comfortable beds. The bathrooms are thoughtfully designed with all the proper amenities.

The lobby bar is one of the great features of the hotel. It's very comfortable, and the drinks are excellent. I also recommend the restaurant- I've found it consistently one of the better places to eat in town.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear "rascal_EM

It is great to read your wonderful comments and we are so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel is special. You feel like in the movie of Tom Ford "Single Man".
I think is one of the best hotel I had the change to sleep in. The architect made a fantastic job.

The breakfast was magic. The eggs I got were cocked perfectly!!
I jumped into the swimming pool in the morning. So nice!
I got a perfect "Negroni", italian aperitif at the bar.

The room was a fantastic meeting between fashion and style.
Where you could find hermes shampoo/creams in the bathroom of your room? Here is possible!

High recommended hotel....the man that welcome me when I arrived was perfect!!
He keep the right distance but in the same time was so near. Really a gentlemen!

Dear "JackTuna",

I would like on behalf of whole Square Nine team to thank you on such a gracious comments. We like the word special and as you can see from other responses that we are driven and motivated to deliver exceptional service experiences every day and when we do it makes us very happy.

We hope to see you back to Square Nine again soon and until then have a safe travels.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

For years Belgrade didn't have such a hotel, which with its discrete luxury, modern design and comfort is the undoubtful first place in this city. The professionalism and kindness of the personnel are impressive. Despite the minimalism in the design, the hotel leaves the impression of cosiness and home-like atmosphere. The cosmetics in the rooms and the quality of the breakfast could be experienced in very few places in Europe.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Svetla Z
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear "Svetla Z",

This is fantastic feedback and we are so proud that you left with such wonderful memories.

The team will be very pleased to read your review - thank you so very much on that.

We are waiting to welcome you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Milan Sudar
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I am a wheelchair user, paraplegic, and had a business trip to belgrade. You can read good general information about this hotel in other reviews, so i will concentrate on advise to disabled persons.

There are stairs to the hotel entrance and no plattform lift. Staff installed a mobile ramp that is very steep, so i always needed their assistance. Should you be using an electric wheelchair access might be impossible trough the main entrance.There is a lower level car port that leads directly to the elevators, but again the ramp leading up to street level is very steep.

There are also stairs to the breakfast area. Here as well the always helpful and professional staff installed a mobile ramp and offered assistance.

My room 206 had a sufficently large bathroom in size, but it might prove difficult for a tetraplegic with weak arm strength. the toilet is very low in height and only one handrail wallside is provided. the shower has no curtains, so your wheelchair will likely get wet. There is a down foldable seating, also very low in height, but no handrails are installed. Seating area is not cushioned. There is also no way you can get under the sink with a wheelchair, and combined with limited space in front of it, this makes for difficult positioning.

Regarding accessibility, this is not what can be expected of a hotel that claims this level of quality.

The beds are soft and of good height. Why you only get one big blanket for a double bed eludes my inagination.

Also my room was very dark, with only one window the size of a door, that could only be opened slightly. My guess is that the thermostat in the room was non functional, because even after asking twice for adjustment, there was no change. So you either sweat or freeze with an open window and minus degrees outside.

My compliments go out to the excellent and friendly staff, but it is management that needs to wake up to the needs of the handicapped, even more in the context of aiming to be a high class hotel.

1  Thank wheelchair_12
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear “wheelchair_12”

Thank you very much for your review and comments. I am very sorry to read that your experience in Square Nine was not perfect in all respect as I would have wished to be. I can see from your rating that you have appreciated our location and service and I would like to thank you on behalf of our staff on your lovely and encouraging comments.

You will appreciate that your comments about the room for wheelchair user are straightforward but I must admit they are new for me to receive. I can assure you that our Management will do everything what is necessary to improve on the points that we have failed and rectify the issues in this room wherever is possible. If you have any other comment or suggestion I would like if you can contact me personally. My email address is milan.sudar@squarenine.rs

We are keen about constantly delivering memorable service and experience to our guests and always uses criticism constructively. I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to Square Nine.

With my best wishes,

Milan Sudar
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Very well furnished, modern hotel. The room was huge and had nice touches like electrically operated curtains and blinds and mood lighting. The bathroom was also huge with big walk in shower and a separate bath. Nice and clean too. My only reason for not giving 5 out of 5 is that smoking is allowed in the communal areas. I realise this will probably be the case in most Belgrade hotels because it isn't outlawed like it is in the UK, but nevertheless I like my air to be smoke free.

2  Thank wantadecenthotel
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear "wantadecenthotel"

We are so happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay and hotel overall but in the same time sad that we didn't get all excellent marks. Smoking is allowed only in our Bar Lobby area but the our restaurant The Square is non smoking. We are always trying to minimize smell of smoke in our Bar Lobby and we will do even harder in the future to improve on this point. I would be delighted to see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

With my best wishes,