“Truly Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #1 of 131 Belgrade B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Truly Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The best accommodation I have ever stayed at. From the beginning, Ivan and Desa were so accommodating. Here is the start of our trip:

- Arrived 6am on an overnight train from Budapest
- Ivan picks us up from the station at 6am
- Takes us to the apartments to drop our bags off
- Takes us on a quick walking tour of the city which lasts an hour
That set the scene for a great trip in Belgrade!

Communication was fantastic before and during the trip. No request was ever too difficult.
The accommodation is centrally located in the heart of Belgrade and clean. The price was also great.

I didn't how a place could be rated 100% until I stayed here. Highly recommended if you're travelling to Belgrade!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Highly recommended! Everything went very smoothly from booking to leaving! Arranging everything with the owner (Ivan) from reserving room to airport pickup to airport drop-off was super easy and fast!

Ivan and his wife Desa were friendly, professional, and accommodating. As first-timers to Belgrade, they made us feel truly welcome (e.g., an offer of a simple Serbian breakfast, a short walk around Belgrade Center for orientation purposes, recommendations for restaurants, etc.). They even provided us with a Serbian cell phone to use for convenience.

We stayed in the smallest of their 3 rooms with a private (but outside the room) bathroom. The room is nicely furnished with sturdy wooden furniture. The window faces the back of the building, so it was a quiet room. We slept comfortably, so we truly have no complaints.

Given the price and the prime location (1-minute walk to Republic Square), one cannot go wrong with Selections Apartment. Book early (easily feasible via their homepage) because this place is in high demand. I would definitely come back if I am in Belgrade again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3, which is the only room with a separate bathroom. The other rooms are bigger and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J C
Aosta, Italy
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This accomodation is in a brilliant location, in the heart of Belgrade, but in a quiet Street.
The apartment was clean and furnished with very good taste, besides, it had a fully equipped kitchen.
Our room was big and comfortable. It had tv, air-conditioning system and an electric kettle.
The last day of our stay, the tenants offered us a typical Serbian breakfast which was really tasty.
The owners were helpful throughout our stay: they are really lovely people and were one of the elements which made our stay absolutely special!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debora b
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was very clean and the two owners were extremely helpful and polite.The location was perfect because it was in the center of the town and you could have access to everything.We felt safe every hour.Finally,the room was not only clean but also comfortable for a young couple like us.We are looking forward to go back and have a drink with Ivan and Desa.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anestis003
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The owner, Ivan, came with his car to pick us up and take us to the hotel. The place is located almost a stone throw from the main square.

The service is a step above amazing! They provide you with a top-up mobile phone to have at your disposal during your stay (and call your friends in Belgrade), a top-up card for the public transport (cheaper than the one-off tourist ones) and a map! You might even be offered a quick tour of the center to get our bearings, which we of course took up with great pleasure!

The owner showed us the sights (lovely guy and great guide btw) and then showed us to the best local place for the local specialty, Pljeskavica, near the Hotel Moskva and where to get the best Burek the next day for breakfast.

The accommodation was lovely (comfortable big bed, clean), Ivan and his wife are amazing and so so so generous, and the internet was working all the time and was very fast.

They blend perfectly professionalism and warmth, so even though you feel like you are staying in a hotel, it is like staying in a hotel run by your best friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Filip v
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The moment I arrived in Belgrade, I was met with warm greetings, like I was an old friend. Having been away from home for so many months, I appreciated their friendliness and generosity so very much. I was in the city for business, and the couple helped map the public transportation, showed me around the neighborhood to orient myself, and explained everything from currency conversion to traditional cultural elements. This was by far the best experience I've had in all my stays in the US and in Europe. I hope to return to Belgrade soon, and I would stay nowhere else. Thank you two for such a happy visit--how I left with such a warm feeling about Belgrade!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank megrj26
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was lucky alltogether in my trip to Belgrade and in many ways because of Selection apartments, whose owner meets his guests at the airport and takes them directly to the apartment and handles all the accomodational issues. He also located all the important spots on the map for me, explained where the most interesting restaurants were, showed me the area around the apartments and took me to the exchange. Besides he offered a tour to those palces which you cannot reach on foot and the trip proved to be marvelous. The hosts efficiently help their guests to avoid stressful moments and show sincere hospitality. The rooms are clean, comfortable and homelike cosy. I'm very thankful to Ivan and Dessa for the pleasant and comfortable stay and when I am in Belgrade next time I will deffinitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo