“Average hotel, but very nice staff”

Happy Star Club Hotel
Ranked #31 of 137 Belgrade B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in the Happy Star Club in Belgrade for a week in the summer of 2013.
Right off the bat, after arriving at the hotel by cab, I was served by the very friendly lady at the small reception. All went well and, sure enough, quickly I was in my room.
The room looked smart for a budget hotel as this. One thing I have to criticise about the room is that there was no refrigerator, but that is probably to be expected because I booked an Economy Single room and it might be different in the other ones.
The room had a TV with a lot of channels and an airco.
The bathroom was basic but kept clean very well by the people from the hotel.

Like the lady who helped me when I first arrived, the other staff members were very kind to me throughout my stay. Whenever I had questions they were able to help me in fluent English.

If you're a tourist, you shouldn't be concerned about the distance to the city centre, because the nearest bus station is located very close to the hotel. However, from this location going to the centre by foot is completely not done. I read it was about a 4-kilometres walk the old city, but you'd have to walk through a complete neighborhood located on a steep hill.
The bus will take you through all that in a few minutes.

I had to check out very early in the morning and when I did, the guy at the reception was so kind as to offer me to call a cab to take me to the airport.
I'd like to end on that note because I particularly want to note how good the staff at the hotel is.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank VRomeijn

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The Good:

- Room we had was a split level loft style with a sizeable lounge. Spacious and comfy.
- Parking included and we had no problems in the actual car park about ten metres away. Its free.
- Location is a while out of the old town. However the hotel is located about 25m from the terminus (just a big busstop really) of route 26. Straight into old town and same number back. We went after lunch in and took about 25 minutes and 5:30pm back and was packed and took 45 minutes. Bus driver told us just to sit as getting ticket has to be done before getting on. Only a handful of people actually had tickets though.
- Value. For €28 a night can't complain.

The Bad:

- Breakfast. Seriously don't bother.

The Ugly:

- Smoke. Everywhere. Even some of the employees are hiding a quick smoke inside common areas near no smoking signs.

An afternote. I seem to think there is a reason why it is the HAPPY star club and not just the star club... let's just say you can rent the room in four hour blocks. Didn't bother me though and everything was super clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed there two nights, room was clen with comfortable beds, good furnitured with an A/C. Toilet and shower in one room, a small problem with water pressure, waterflow in shower was lower, but it wasn´t problem to wash - only it took longer time :-). Location from center is about 20 minutes by public transportation with bus stop a few steps from hotel. Several bars and restaurants close to the hotel. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rudolf H
Reviewed 8 April 2013

this is a very nice small hotel..it is close to rhe main street E-75 but, unfortunately, difficult to find.. price very good for their service. .raccomanded to travellers..one night and go ............,.,....,.,,....,.,,,,,,,,..,,. ,,., ,.,.,.,, the staff was excellent and brekfast alsso.

Room Tip: need good navigator to find
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank frangr
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed here twice in December. We found it on e-dreams.com for about 30euro which was a really good deal in our opinion. We got the same room both times, number 4. It had a loft for the bedroom, and downstairs was the living area and bathroom. There are no elevators here. Staff was very helpful. In all actuality, it really shouldn't cost you much to get around this city by taxi.

Room Tip: I'm a frequent visitor to Belgrade, so believe me when I say, if you get a taxi, be sure to get...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Went ther with my husbant for 3 nights. Parking is on pavement,tehy say they have cameras.Well no 1 didnt charge us for parking on pavement. Room was really big for 2 people,very clean. Restaurant is small but nice. No elavators, just stairs. Staff is very kind and helpful. Getting to city is good by car, close by muber 26 bus driving there or cheap taxi is on station too. For not so much money you get a lot!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronika K
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Altho they say that they have guarded parking, that is a lie. They dont have parking at all, what they call parking is a sidewalk in front of the hotel, and parking on a sidewalk is illegal. They claim there are security cameras and security guard, but my car was parked in front of the hotel and somebody stole my registration plates, and nobody saw anything.
The rooms are very nice and fairly clean if you exclude a few long black hairs in the shower.
They are located on the bus line to the city center, but it is a at least 35 minute ride.

Room Tip: rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple