“Simply AWFUL”

Cuisines: Asian
Boise, Idaho
“Simply AWFUL”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Luda Kuca was one of the first Chinese places in Belgrade. They went waaay down in quality for years and years, but have recently re-opened in a newly-renovated location. The place looks awesome, and the chef cooks right in front of you.

I got take-out a couple of weeks ago, and commented to a colleague that it was really pretty good. So I decided to take a friend out to try it. What a mistake.

I won't even bother with how very AWFUL the service was, even by Belgrade standards. The man waiting on our table was dressed like he was posing at a cafe somewhere (the waitresses all seemed to have on some sort of uniform and were probably more professional). The "Hot and Sour" soup was some sort of soy-soaked glutinous mess with a couple of shreds of carrot in it. Worst soup I've ever tried. Needless to say, it sat on the table for an hour + while we waited on the rest of the food.

After our waiter got done smoking his cigarette and picked up our food (which we saw sitting there for a while before it came), the entrees were about as bad. My colleague's chicken was passable, but my 5-spiced pork should have been renamed "Hoisin Cabbage" as that's all it was.

I have grown to expect this CRAP from most Chinese places in town, but I thought Luda Kuca was finally doing something different. How sadly wrong I was.

To add insult to injury, after waiting and waiting for the check we finally proceeded to the cash register. After finishing another cigarette, our waiter gave me the bill and said, "that's without service". I simply replied, "you're exactly right", paid our tab, and left.

Never again. I will happily pay for more expensive food at the Peking, or make my way out to the Casino to get my Asian fix. Luda Kuca has a new facade, but it's the same old rotten restaurant inside.

You would be better off buying a bottle of hoisin yourself and drenching whatever ingredients you would like in it. Don't waste your money!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank pachyderms

• Serbian first
Belgrade
“cheapest chinese take out”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

on republic square. exelent for vegetarians. very fast fresh and tasty.

London, United Kingdom
“Travelling on a budget”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The good way to eat cheep if you're in the center of Belgrade. Not the best Asian food in the world, but a good value for money. I even liked their sushi, though I mostly eat Chinese there. Maybe a bit adjusted to the Serbian taste.

Serbia
“good and relaxing”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great Chines foo you should try it its in the center of the city very nice food and enterier! :)