“5 star hotel”

Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Zurich
“5 star hotel”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Professional service, large clean rooms (also very large bathroom), rich breakfast - everything as expected from Hyatt standards.
The location is close to USCE shopping mall, but to walk there you need to use underground pass - may be confusing at the first time.
Walking distance to several restaurants on the river side. Ca 20 minutes by taxi from airport.
Recommended hotel for Belgrade !

3 Thank PolishTheBrain
HyattRegencyBelgrade, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Belgrade, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear PolishTheBrain,

Thank you for your brief and to the point comment. Hope to have you again as our guest.

Hom Parviz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is the finest hotel in Belgrade. It is located in New Belgrade, which is convenient for large businesses, but is not next to the charming old cafes and restaurants that Old Belgrade has to offer. It is an easy walk across a bridge to reach the old part of Belgrade, or a relatively cheap cab ride. Right across from the Hyatt there is a modern mall with cafes and restaurants and shopping.
The hotel itself is gorgeous and run by a staff who are extremely responsive and obviously understand the demands of travelers expecting five star service. For example, I had the wrong kind of adapter and they solved the problem within an hour for me, and had the correct adapter attached to my device when I returned to my room. They simply could not do enough for me, which actually was very important to me since I was in Belgrade to do business. It is not easy to navigate a place with a different alphabet and language which is hard to master. Therefore I would advise the traveler who has little time to spare and pressing need to do business well to take advantage of the hotel in Belgrade which best sets you up to do just that.
The room itself was lovely, especially the marble bathroom. Cigarette smells permeate all of Belgrade, but this hotel offered me a truly smoke free room on a truly smoke free hall, which also was very important to me. The restaurant and tea room do allow smoking in the "smoking section", but this would be true of literally every place in Belgrade.

1 Thank EAC123263
Dear EAC,

Your comments on TripAdvisor are very valuable to us. We are especially proud to hear nice words about our staff. Let us know about your next visit and we will do our best to remain your number one preference in Belgrade!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 July 2014

When travelling to Belgrade, I always stay at Hyatt Regency. I have been there 3 or 4 times now and always enjoy it.
I really love its spacious rooms, superb services, friendly stuff and great breakfasts!
Looking forward to my next Belgrade visit already! ;-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vladimir C
HyattRegencyBelgrade, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Belgrade, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Vladimir C,

Thanks a million for your precise comment and your loyalty to our hotel! We are doing our best to remain No 1 choice in Belgrade :-). Please let us know how to make your next stay even more enjoyable!

Reading UK
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a good looking hotel with very good facilities - but they overcharged and didn't respond well to feedback.

Rooms are nicely decorated and they made a real effort to ensure a good night's sleep by providing a scent to spay on the pillow and another to spray up the nose - however the room was so hot it was impossible to sleep. Several colleagues suffered the same experience.

When I arrived I was told I had been given a 'free upgrade' to a better room, but when I checked out the rate I was charged was higher than the rack rate shown in reception. When I queried this I was told that the published rate was not available. I commented on this when I completed the on-line guest survey and later received an email from their customer service manager saying that it was 'impossible' for me to be charged the wrong rate. I told him to check his records as I had definitely been charged more than the published rate but I have not heard from him since then - this is very disappointing !

Room Tip: Whichever room you choose, make sure that the air conditioning is working properly before you turn i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ChrisReadingUK
London
Reviewed 8 July 2014

ABSOLUTELY SUPERB FROM START TO FINISH. Big claim to make but the Hyatt Belgrade excels from the moment you pull up outside.

STAFF: The hotel has attentive, polite staff who are clearly well-trained but who all seem to actually enjoy being helpful.

ROOMS: Amazing, well-appointed and fully equipped rooms with bathrooms big enough for a pre-soaking game of 5 a side football. Chamber maid wonderfully tidies and folds my clothes each day (and I had already folded them,but not to her higher standard!).

DINING: Didn't dine at the hotel but lunch and breakfast was good with a wide choice for all tastes.

BAR: Cocktail bar soothing with well made drinks and bar staff keen to learn your individual tastes.

The only eyebrow raising concern is the cost which is high by Belgrade standards. It is what it is and for that there is a cost.

1 Thank GrpCaptMandrake
Dear GrpCaptMandrake,

We are very grateful for valuable your comments about our staff, rooms, and dining options. We are trying to balance between costs and our services that are in accordance to high level of standard we are striving to achieve.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a very comfortable and stylish 5 star hotel in new Belgrade. It has a superb low level design, only 8 floors high, with the emphasis on creating space in which guests can wander and relax. Consequently the entrance lobby is one of the largest I have encountered, with a lower ground level street of elegant shops surrounding a small stream and exotic plants. With the sound of running water as a backdrop it is both restful and elegant. With only 8 floors it also means that lift access to and from the bedrooms is quick and easy. My bedroom fully met the expectations raised by the impressive entrance lobby. It was large and well designed with a walk-in wardrobe, very well fitted out bathroom with a bath and shower and well designed and fully functioning fittings. The selection of food and drink at breakfast was very good, although slightly below the standard for this grade of hotel (eg the packaged yogurt selection was relatively limited). All the staff I encountered were very friendly, courteous and efficient. I very much enjoyed my stay and would have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to stay, particularly for a business trip, as it is very convenient for the airport (a short 20 minute taxi ride away). However, for tourists who want to visit central or old Belgrade, its location is not ideal, as you need to take a 15 minute taxi ride, catch a bus, or walk over the Sava river. This is an enjoyable experience in good weather, but not much fun otherwise. But overall this is an excellent hotel.

1 Thank Mazandrew433
Dear Mazandrew433,

Thank you for your nice words. We have the same impression about spaciousness of our lobby area and we are glad that you enjoyed it. You are right that this is perfect place for business travelers, but also fun can be found as close as couple of minutes by cab :-). Let us work to improve our yogurt selection until your next visit, and see you soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the heart of Belgrade many times over the past 4 years. it never disappoints - has amazing security - good gym, and food /bar options for meetings.

Interesting story - I had flown in from Toronto on the usual overnighter, checked in showered and headed to a morning meeting. In the cab, my wedding ring, was in my pocket because my finger's were swollen from the flight - the ring fell out of my pocket I discovered later in the meeting. I realized later in must have fallen out while exiting the cab. That evening in Novi Sad, in a small bistro with friends, they suggested I call the head of security to find my ring....so I called and the man there said he would look into it. less than 30 minutes later he called and said he found the Taxi, and the Taxi driver had found my ring. I was simply amazed....not at my luck.. but the wonderful service these generous and kind people had taken upon themselves to help me out. The taxi met me at 4 am on my departure 3 days later to give me the ring...for this I owe great gratitude to this hotel and their excellent staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank tristano68
Dear tristano68,

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I am equally happy to hear that you have your ring back. We always try to deliver personalized service, and this occasion motivates us to strive even more to exceed our guest’s expectations. We would hopefully see you soon in our hotel!