“cosy and romantic”

Ranked #57 of 306 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
siracusa
“cosy and romantic”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

olive hostel is the perfect place for a couple. the hostel and the rooms are really cosy and confortable and the owner is very helpfull and kind. The location is perfect because is just in the heart of beograd, amazing city, special during summer.
The only negative fact is that there is just one bathroom but it was always clean.
I can reccommend this place and i hope to back there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Olive-Hostel-Bgd, Owner at Olive Hostel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi! Thanks for a great comment!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that we have two new bathrooms now!
Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Best,
Ksenija

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I've stayed there with friends in May. The hostel is in the very center, a minute away from the most popular Knez Mihajlova Street. The staff is really great and relaxed, the place offers nice rooms, good beds and comfortable stay.
I warmly recommend this place to every traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mara Z
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2013

the hostel is located in the center of Belgrade on the 5th floor. The staff is only there during working hours, but arriving at night is not a problem! They are very helpful.
The wifi is working very well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank _Cath_84_L
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Excellent hostel located right in city center! Stayed here for 3 nights and it was wonderful. The hostel is very clean, the beds are super comfortable and the internet connection is very fast and reliable. The only shortfall is that staff is only there from about 9-4ish. Host is extremely friendly and helpful as well!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is such a comfortable and homely place to stay in Belgrade. Ksenija is very friendly and helpful, both with making arrangements to get the entry key after hours and for information about Belgrade. I am gutted I only stayed two nights, I would certainly stay again. The hostel is clean. The beds are comfortable and the hostel overall is quiet and relaxed. It is also very well placed for exploring the heart of Belgrade. Great value for money!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I got to Belgrade at about 6 am and did not realize that the reception was not open. I found a place to use the web to check if there was a way to get into the hostel as I was extremely tired. I found an email from Ksenija -- owner/operator -- that had a detailed message of how to enter the building and where the keys were waiting for me,

Once I got into the hostel I was trying to figure out which room my girlfriend and I had reserved when I noticed a trail of notes with "Adam and Daniela" this way.... The notes led thru the entry-way, the kitchen, and the final one on our door! It was like a scavenger hunt! And the prize was a super clean room, that was cute and cozy, not to mention a fantastic bed to finally rest on!

Ksenija went out of her way to get me into the building and is easily one of the most genuine hosts I have come across in my 15 years of traveling via hostels/guesthouses. With 46 countries under my belt I can safely say, anyone that comes to Belgrade should book here: they will have a relaxed place to rest, it feels more like an apartment than a hostel and a relaxed, easy to talk with host that will instantly warm you up to the people of Serbia.

I plan on returning to Belgrade in about 10 days just because of this place, it was such a great place to recharge I figure I'll do it again before moving north to Budapest.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great place as a couple I cannot give a higher recommendation than the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William B
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I almost baulked when my friend told me it was only 8 euros to stay here! Right in the centre of Belgrade with great, clean facilities. Our overnight bus arrived into Belgrade at 6am and Ksenija let us check in that early and didn't charge us any extra. She also let us check out late the next day (around 8pm) again free. She was so friendly and enthusiastic and told us all about things to do in Belgrade. I would highly recommend staying here - the hidden gem in a beautiful city!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo