“Everything we expected and more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serbian Heritage Tours

Serbian Heritage Tours
Ranked #5 of 53 Tours in Belgrade
More attraction details
Owner description: Serbian Heritage Tours are private tours which have been specially designed for solo travellers, couples, families with children, parties of friends and business travellers, for those who yearn a truly unique experience of Serbia. Serbian Heritage Tours offers a variety of private tours in Belgrade and day trips in Serbia: Belgrade sightseeing tours, Belgrade walking tours, Belgrade layover tours, Jewish Heritage tours in Belgrade and Serbia, Belgrade off the beaten track tours, Ancestry tours in Serbia, Special interest tours in Serbia as well as excursions and day trips throughout Serbia and tours of Serbian mediaeval monasteries. Our private custom tailored tours include services of the certified heritage interpreter/ licensed tour guide in English, Spanish and Italian and transportation in superior class vehicles with professional chauffeurs.
Troy
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Everything we expected and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My parents and I came to Serbia in June to attend the wedding of my cousin and in order to see something more of the country, we booked a two day tour with Snezana. We choose a combination tour to see several monasteries and something of the country as well and Snezana tailored the tour exactly to our interests. Besides the planned itinerary, she took us to a small hidden church which doors the priest opened especially for us, we had delicious bread and cheese at a small privately owned restaurant and we learned so much about Serbia. Snezana went out of her way to make this an unforgettable experience and we recommend anybody to go on a trip with her.

Visited June 2014
9 Thank Dossodessie

• Hebrew first
Gold Coast, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great start to Belgrade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were picked up from the airport by snezana and her driver and had a 4 hour tour of Belgrade. Snezana had asked us what we had and hadn't seen before and tailored the trip around that. We started in zemun and then drove through the centre of Belgrade. When we needed to get money out, Snezana kindly showed what we need to know and do. She dropped us off at our hotel and planned the following 2 days tour which we had organised with snezana as well. A great intro to Belgrade !!

Visited July 2014
7 Thank snezanaBroadbeach
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Spectacular and rewarding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely incredible - Snezana and her tours are world class, and count among the best travel experiences I've ever had.

I emailed Snezana late afternoon Eastern time after deciding on a trip to Belgrade/Serbia, and, much to my suprise, got a detailed, in depth and extaordinarily compelling response within hours. Further, it was not a stock email, nor boilerplate suggestions; she had painstakingly responded to a plethora of ideas and requests with more information and enthusiasm than I could have ever hoped for. I was blown away, and fortunate enough to be able to hire her on the spot.

And, it only got better from there.

Snezana's knowledge and preparation for each tour is second to none; the amount of detail, history and off the beaten path places I got to see was astounding; everything we did was customized to my exact wishes, and everytime I saw something new I got excited about, we'd immediately detour and explore. It was completely flexible and wholly based on what I cared for, at my discretion and whim. I gave her instructions and pointed out what I wanted to visit, and that's exactly what we did.

What was especially important to me was Jewish history. Not only did we manage to find the most beautiful Synagogue I've ever had the honor of entering (in Subotica), but Snezana also managed to find Holocaust era cemetaries and memorials, houses of worship, points of interest and integral elements of Jewish history that demonstrated serious research and care. It was profound and immensely meaningful. And, to top it all off, after a sad day focused on WWII and the Holocaust, she took me to a great Israeli restaurant for some hummus and falafel, so I could celebrate survival and renewal. That's the level of care and humanistic quality you can expect.

Since we were driving around often and for long trips, I also really appreciated the comfortable and safe Mercedes mini-buses and professional chaffeurs. I've been to many places where the drivers leave you white-knuckled and screaming to slow down, but Snezana's hand picked, well trained and considerate drivers took immense care of us.

It is clear that Snezana loves her work, and really enjoys guiding and meeting different people from around the world. I'm a well seasoned, experienced traveler (over 70 countries) who has been fortunate to see many exceptional and beautiful places before I made it to Serbia. I hired Snezana because I wanted so much more than what I could find in a guide book - and that's exactly what I got.

I cannot recommend Snezana and her work highly enough, and I'll be coming back to see her for the Monastery Tour that I sadly didn't have time for this year.

Visited May 2014
18 Thank Stav V
Hillsboro, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Personalized Genealogical Research”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I contacted Snezana Bulatovic  by email in April 2013 when we were planning a Viking cruise on the lower Danube.  For years I have been trying to find information about my grandmother who was rumored to have been born in a small German farming  town on the Tisza river in the late 1800’s when this was a part of Hungary.  Now that this area belongs to Serbia, I had no hope of gaining any further information until Snezana was contacted.  We made plans to meet Snezana In Belgrade on June 5th, 2013 but even before that date she found information about my great grandparents.  Snezana planned a unique Serbian tour, tailored to my interests and my husband and I were greatly looking forward to visiting the areas she suggested. Unfortunately, flooding on the Danube forced our Viking ship to bypass the port of Belgrade and seek safe harbor in Budapest quickly.  In spite of our having to cancel our Serbian visit, Snezana continued to research my family.  Much to my surprise on June 26, 2013 Snezana sent death certificates for my great grandparents with translations of the information.  These certificates also contained the names of their parents - another generation I had no information about.
Birth records for my grandmother were scheduled to be returned to the local church in early 2014.  Snezana made contact with them almost weekly for months and kept me up to date on progress by email.  Finally after tenacious contact with the local officials, in June 2014 the birth record of my grandmother were obtained. I did not think I would ever have this information and without Snezana I probably would not.
Snezana performance far exceeded my expectations.  I would recommend her for anyone doing genealogical research or planning any travel in Serbia. She is completely devoted to the needs and desires of her clients. I only hope that one day I will have the opportunity to meet her in person.
Barb U

Visited July 2013
6 Thank BarbU613
Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Snezana's Serbian Heritage Wonder Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just spent 4 wonderful days in Serbia with Snezana and my best friend and her son. My best friend's son Stav did his "due diligence" and after extensive research came up with Serbian Heritage Tours to be our guide while touring Serbia. We wanted a tour that emphasized the Jewish experience in Serbia and we were not disappointed. Snezana is a fountain of knowledge and she is delightful. She did not miss a detail. Especially wonderful was our trip to Subotica. The Jewish heritage contributed so very much to the life of this charming business center in the north of Serbia. I cannot praise Serbian Heritage Tours enough, from Snezana to the drivers to the places we visited nothing could have been better. Thank you Snezana, for your professionalism and your flexibility and above all your extensive knowledge.

Visited May 2014