“Good Hotel in New Belgrade”

Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst attending a conference at the nearby Palace of Serbia. It is a new hotel with good amenities but a taxi ride from the main city. The decor is modern/shiny but not offensive. The breakfast is buffet and plentiful. There's a general lack of things to do around the hotel, no targets choice of restaurants or shops.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Aleksandar V, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Mr. Nicholas,

Thank you very much for your review and for having stayed with us.
We give a lot of attention to our breakfast and many guests praising it means we have succeeded in having maybe the best breakfast in the city. As for the surroundings, this is really fast growing area. Many restaurants, shops, malls are to be found nearby and much more is yet coming. I am positive that on your next visit our concierge can give you a lot of useful tips on where to go and what to do around the hotel. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I spent 4 nights in this hotel. Hotel is new, with modern design, attractive and very good for business trips. Room was standard with all amenities which are needed - safe, telephone, TV, clean bathroom, air condition, free Wi-fi access. The price is with breakfast, but I didn´t take it. So all the hotel was clean, quite, with perfect staff. There are wellness and fitness as well, but neither I wasn´t there. What was the best - was, that hotel have their own car for hotel guests to trip to airport and back, with incredible low prices. ( 600 RSD) CHeck in and check out was very fast without any problems. I can recommend this hotel for business trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Aleksandar V, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Mr. Julius,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is highly important in any business, hospitality above all, to have the feedback from the clients. And if the client left our property happy, then we are happy as well. I will definitely pass your impressions to our staff. Looking forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Pros: newly build and not worn out, nice and contemporary design, comfortable beds, free wi-fi of satisfactory speed, well equipped rooms with coffee maker, selection of pillows, well maintained rooms and public area, breakfast is good with sufficient selection of food.
Cons : higher in price comparing to similar properties, difficult to find due to poor street signage and absence from POI in GPS, poor selection of toiletries : dispenser "all in one" soap/shampoo/shower gel in the bathroom (bring your own toiletries).
Overall very nice hotel with friendly staff, clean and well maintained, suitable for business traveler. Would recommend.

1  Thank DusaBolcina

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is always good to know how guests feel exactly about our hotel. We are mainly a business hotel and we try really hard to accommodate business traveler in best possible way. As majority of 4 stars hotels we have decided to think green and reduce the amenities quantity in our standard rooms. We still do have a wider choice of amenities in our upper categories. And we will certainly think on how to improve the signage, thank you for pointing this out.
I hope we will see you soon in Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have been in Belgrade for 3 days and stayd in TOP Falkensteiner Hotel .It is located in New Belgrade in a very large boulevard.The hotel is brand new with all the facilities of modern hotels.Rooms are large and clean.TV has all major international channels.
Breacfast is offered in buffet and is one of the best i have ever enjoied
Staff is very friendly,especialy in restorant.
Importasnt notice.USE TAXI TO GO TO BELGRADE CENTER.It is cheap and in any case parking in the old city is a problem.

2  Thank antoinnete s
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The Falkensteiner is a relatively new property in Novi Belgrade, the newer part of town. It is a 9-storey hotel, with a fresh new appearance. I was very pleased with my one- night business stay. Pros:
- Rooms are new, comfortable and well-appointed. The A/C worked, which is always good.
- Breakfast buffet is very, very good, and at 9 Euros, a good value.
- Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, with very acceptable English skills.
- Internet was extremely fast, in my opinion, contrary to some of the other reviews.
Cons:
- Fitness center is very basic, with one elliptical, one treadmill, 2 bikes, and a few workout stations. This is what kept it from being a 5-star on my rating scale.

Overall, a really good property, that i would have no problem recommending, and I would definitely go back on my next trip to Belgrade.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I would have given this hotel top marks but as a business traveller not being able to email was an absolute nightmare and caused me major issues and the hotel staff failed to advise me what the problems were just kept repeating "it should be back shortly" I didn't and don't believe them as I think their system is just bad. When I arrived the WiFi in the room was weak and my laptop connected but with very low signal, the iPad struggled and had to be in a certain position. On the second morning I was up early to get some important mails out and could not get connected at all and reception admitted there was a problem and it may be fixed soon. Had to spend an hour on the phone to my office so they could do the mails for me, very frustrating. Ignoring the email issue everything else is top class, breakfast excellent and staff fantastic and very polite, reception staff are the same as is the night bar staff. Rooms a beautiful as is the whole ambience of the hotel. The only reason I won't stay next time is the WiFi and considering the hotel is new I am surprised it is so bad.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Stephen G
Aleksandar V, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Mr. Stephen,

Let me thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I would like also to thank you for the nice words regarding our staff, breakfast and design. We do our best to position our hotel as the best 4stars hotel in Belgrade.

Also, I am very sorry for what happened with our internet service and for the trouble that this caused to you and your work. I understand how important good internet is, I myself require it when I travel. But sometimes technical issues might get in our way and they need certain time to get repaired. As you might read from other reviews, our guests are very satisfied with our internet service, for being free above all and very fast.

We would be more than happy if you would decide to give our hotel another chance and improve the impression from your last stay. I am convinced you will leave the hotel satisfied.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip. Besides the comfort, cleanliness, the service and the rich breakfast impressed me a lot. I checked-in, went to my room and till I take of my shoes somebody nocked the door with welcome letter and a fruit plate. I was amazed when the lady in the restaurant welcomed me in my own language, she knew my room number by heart. These type of small gests makes people feel spoiled and happy. Thanks a lot for this great hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aybike S

Dear Guest,

Please let me thank you for the great review you have posted. Reviews like yours show us that we are doing good job and that we are heading in the right direction.

We will keep trying to spoil our guest even more and make them feel very special.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards from Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade.