“Excelent hotel”

Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 19 August 2014

High quality service, breakfast over the top, professional and helpful staff no matter of position.
No doubt where to stay in future in Belgrade. Short distance to the airport. Just right distance to the city center. Nearby few good restaurant.

Room Tip: Upgrade room if possible. Worth!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am staying for the second time in this hotel this year and recommend it for business purposes. The rooms are with modern design, spacious, clean. The hotel is close to the center. The staff is very kind. I feel great during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I left a posh hotel in Belgrade for this one because I resented driving in the middle of the city in rush hour. Was a complete surprise and a very pleasant one. Friendly front desk staff, spacious and clean rooms, a breakfast full of options, a restaurant and a bar with quick service and let's not forget the parking spots in front of the hotel completely free in the evening when the corporate next-door buildings people go home (and if not you have the option of a two level underground parking).
Around you have a mall just a block away, a pizza place full of young spirits and other clubs and pubs in walking distance which walk would be a nice experience since the "New Belgrade" neighborhood it's more aerated place with lots of green spaces and alleys shadowed by trees.
Usually I find it difficult to click the whole 5 dots rating but it was easy with this one and will come back here in my next business trips.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Costin S
Aleksandar V, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Mr. Costin,

Let me thank you first for the lovely comments you left for our hotel. I am glad to hear that you are happy with your decision to move from the center to New Belgrade, and of course with choosing Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade.
You very well pointed out the advantages of this location, I strongly believe that this is maybe the best location in New Belgrade generally.
We will keep trying to maintain the same service level in future and we are waiting to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having previously great experiences with Falkensteiner brand in Croatia (Zadar) and Austria (Stegersbach) I was looking forward to experience their Belgrade city hotel. First thing I noticed was modern design - from outside to inside - so you will feel very comfortable during your stay. It seems to me this is a great place to have a business meeting in lobby, bar or at the terrace during warmer parts of the year. On the top there is a small SPA where you can relax after a busy day.

Rooms are little bit smaller then I expected based on my previous stays in Falkensteiner hotels. Breakfast and food in general has a room for improvement. It is not bad but not on the level I experienced elsewhere in Belgrade. Range of food for breakfast is too small as is restaurant for breakfast it self. Falkenstreiner takes a lot of pride in culinary experiences in its hotels and I was negatively surprised with breakfast. Lunch just confirmed that impression - food was not aligned with season (heavy cream soup on summer 30+ degrees day) and except desert almost without the taste. I was also surprised with service level at lunch, for example I was not asked how I want my steak and colleague had discussion with waiter when he wanted something changed in his meal.

Service in general is biggest topic and reason I will probably not return to this hotel. It all started at reception during check- in. No smile, no nice word form receptionist - she was doing her job as robot. As a frequent business traveller I almost always got room upgrade when they see that I have their loyalty card, even in situation when card level doesn’t provide that benefit. For me as a guest entering a Sheraton, Radisson, Melia or some other hotel, and hearing during check-in “Oh, I see you are our card member so I’m happy to offer you room upgrade and complementary x.” creates great customer experience moment at the beginning. Not to mention that during my stay I estimated that their occupancy level was bellow 60% so there were a lot of empty room I can be upgraded to. Having modern hotel today but without great service that accompanies it - makes it just another hotel without soul to forget and never come back.

Dear hotel management please, do something to make service in your hotel better or just send them to any Falkensteiner to see what level of service retuning guest to your chain expect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TomoB
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very elegant and staff is amazing.
Rooms are spacious and very clean and comfortable.
Location is great - you can walk to lots is cafés nearby or shopping and even to some great restaurants on the Danube. Downtown is short cab ride from hotel.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank daTravelGal

Dear Guest,

Before anything let me thank you for taking the time to post the review about your experience with us. Guests opinion is what matters most to us and what helps us know if we are on the right track.
Also, it is good to know that guests appreciate this location more and more every day. I totally agree with you.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for a short business trip. A very new hotel, very good rooms and very complete bathroom.

It is a little bit far from de center, but a very good option if you look for quality, service, design, good breackfast with a reasonable variety. The fitness area well equiped and with brand new and good machines.

Everything at a more than reasnoable price.

Only negative point would be a very poor imternet connection. Good signal, poor downloading speed that limitted some times my work.

The restaurant deserves its own review. Good and well attended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to post your review.
We highly appreciate our guests opinion and suggestions. As for the internet connection, I am glad to inform you that we have increased the internet speed recently and we hope to hear your feedback during your next stay.

I will pass your positive comments to our restaurant and kitchen staff. We will keep trying in future to have the best breakfast and the kindest staff in Belgrade.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel with decent food and modern rooms. Perfect service for fair price. I would recommend this Hotel to friends and businessparters ..................................................................

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nik N
Aleksandar V, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your positive feedback. We give our best to have satisfied guest who will always be able to recommend our hotel. It is good to know that we are doing a good job.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.