“...keeps you coming back for more”

Toro Latin Gastrobar
Ranked #3 of 1,303 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: TORO Latin GastroBar is a creative blend of Pan Latin styles and flavors. Chef-owner Richard Sandoval, whose accolades include Bon Appetit Restaurateur of the Year and Mexico's Toque d'Oro, artfully spins South and Central American ingredients into small plates designed for sharing. The beverage menu features innovative cocktails, a collection of Latin wines and a variety of spirits created for sipping and enjoying. The vibrant decor fuses traditional and contemporary tastes, the perfect setting to savor Chef Richard Sandoval's acclaimed cuisine.
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Weekday dinner after work? Yes! Weekend night apperitivo? Absolutely! Sunday brunch? You better not miss it! Especially when the sun comes out and you can relax on the terrace. Sushi, sashimi, ceviche, guacamole, roastbeef, burgers, salads....and of course the wine! Cilic red is a must. Beer selection isn't the greatest in town. Awesome atmosphere and a great vibe especially on weekends. The IT place to be spotted at.

TORO LATIN GAST... B, General Manager at Toro Latin Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for the kind words and great recommendation. Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went with my girlfriend. We were greeted by a person who couldn't find a place to seat us, even though only 20% of tables were occupied. We asked for non-smoking section, but there was none (which is mandatory by law for places greater than 80 sqm), which I found to be a big let down. Also, there were dogs inside the restaurant in an area where food was served, which, in my humble oppinion, is unsanitary.
After finally being seated we were waited by a very skilled waiter, very attentive and well informed about the menu. We ordered soup of the day, cheff's sallad, grilled squid and BBQ ribs.
We were brought some nachos and a dip to keep us entertained until the food was served. Food came out very soon.
Portions were on the smallish side (I'm not a big person, but felt I could eat more after we left the place), but well presented.
Soup was a disappointment. I beleive it was supposed to be the restaurant's signature dish, but didn't work for me. It was bland, with the exception of occasional papaya (or something acidic) piece here and there.
Sallad was very small. Tasty, fresh, but nothing special.
Grilled squid was fine.
BBQ ribs came a bit too burnt for my liking. A nice peace of meat gone to waste by overzealous grill operator, but presented very beautifully.
The ambient itself is very nice, and the cutlery and tableware also up to highest standards.

2  Thank mokrokuce

We're sorry your experience with us wasn't up to the standards we strive for. We will take your comments into consideration so that we can be better and better for you, our guests. As for the portion sizes, our concept here is that of small plates, meant to be shared. We hope you come again and give us another opportunity to provide you with the true Toro Experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was meant to be just a early drink but it turned out to be one of the best restaurant experiences in Belgrade.

The food was great, the wine was great and the staff was extremely polite and nice. From the waiter to the restaurant manager.

It is a must see in Belgrade.

TORO LATIN GAST... B, General Manager at Toro Latin Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you so much and we are so glad that you visit us and have great time.
Come back soon!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

It has been some time since we had the pleasure to visit a restaurant in which we had been as pleasantly surprised as we were in Toro. We had a good fortune to use most of the beautiful day and walk down the river to this restaurant located in the now posh area “Beton hala (or concrete hall)” right next to Iguana. Toro has been opened recently and its interior is quite pleasant and in line with other modern restaurants located in the vicinity, with wooden / leather modern interior and interesting details, such as a large rope swing. On top of this I have to say that chairs inside are not only gorgeous but incredibly comfortable and combined with beautiful view, thankfully to the glass wall facing river and the promenade, and excellent music selection we were in no hurry to leave the place.

For starters we had guacamole with Pomegranate and pork crisps (cvarci) as well as red beet with caramelized goat’s cheese. We had an opportunity to eat guacamole on many occasions but all of them pale in comparison to what was served on this occasion, on the other hand red beet salad was a mixed experience since cheese was excellent however red beet was almost tasteless.

Main course selection consisted out of Chicken empanada, Kokas with wild mushrooms and
Pork ribs. Although we were quite hungry Kokas was overkill and could not measure up to other meals. Also the on this occasion the service made a rare mistake since it was brought out after other two meals were already served. We have tried empenada for the first time so I can only comment that it tasted excellent, it was served with a nice spicy sauce on the side which had a enjoyable aftertaste hotness. Although I do not like fat meat I have quite enjoyed served ribs even though they had an excess of it, my wife was quite surprised.

All these was topped of with a portion of Tres Leches for a desert and Patron XO digestive, former had an excellent mild taste which did not clash with somewhat spicy meal and the later was a nice recommendation from the waiter it represents tequila which has been left in coffee.

When I have heard that Toro was placed on the top 10 restaurants in Belgrade list my first impression was skepticism, having in mind the short time frame it has existed, however if they continue good work I do not see why it would not be placed on the similar lists in the following years as well. Warmest recommendations

TORO LATIN GAST... B, General Manager at Toro Latin Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for visiting and good words.We're relatively new restaurant in Belgrade, we will try to our quality and service to be better and better for next years.Please come to visit us again and enjoy as the previous times.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We visited the restaurant after reading all the good reviews but we were very surprised and disappointed as we recieved very small children size portions. I eat out almost every day and when I saw the size of the portions served here for the price they are charging I can tell you Not Worth It At All! The restaurant has a nice look and atmosphere and good music but they really have to work on their portion sizes (unbelievable). We ordered shrimp and got 4 pieces of Tiny shrimp which cost about 6 euros which is crazy. As well we ordered deep fried squid, 2 orders of sushi and a soup and after eating there we had to go elsewhere to eat to get full. If you want to eat to get full Dont eat there at all. Only for snacks and lounging.

5  Thank jonothan f

Thank you again for visiting our restaurant .Our concept is the concept of small plates, our chief recommends three plates per person and are therefore our portions small, I'd love to come back and help me introduce our concept to fully try all taste .Some our plates are smaller and some larger, so that is a different .Please contact me and be our guests.