“Still smells new!”

Crowne Plaza Belgrade
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just spent 3 nights there. Great room. Great hotel. Brand new! Food was just okay and very over priced. Staff was great. It's not too centrally located. My husband speaks Serbian but I don't, but every staff member was speaking English very well!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankie S
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Belgrade. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Additionally we would like to thank you for complimenting our staff and their language knowledge. We would like to thank you as well for your remarks on the food and we will try to review and exchange items to ensure better quality performance.

We are looking forward welcoming you again, when you are on your next trip to Belgrade.

Please let us know when you are planning to stay the next time with us and if we can assist you in any terms of your future stay. If you do have any further additions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a regular business traveller to Belgrade, I was guest in few of hotels, especially in Novi Beograd area. For my last visit I chose Crowne Plaza and I can tell that it is currently best value. I have been visiting this hotel in past when it was still Continental and when only good points there were breakfast and view. Now under Crowne Plaza brand it has been totally redecorated into more contemporary style with some touch of design.

First impression from parking to check-in was great service that I encountered. It look like that famous Serbian hospitality was blended with first class US customer service trainings and good management. Stuff is really helpful and pleasant to talk with. Room are comfortable with touch of design. One thing I liked about this from hotel before ,was great view, especially from higher floors, on old city across the river.

Breakfast is just great. In past I liked its variety and focus on Serbian specialities, so I was little bit afraid, what is it going to look like under new brand. But it just get better. Breakfast room is bigger, more comfortable and with more lights than before, making really pleasant experience out of breakfast . They kept all the Serbian specialities and variety of food is even bigger then before. This is one of few Belgrade hotels with pool and in summer time there is a chance to for relaxation and fresh air on outside terrace.

Location of hotel is also an advantage. Old town is just 10 minute away by taxi , and big shopping mall Usce is also 10 minute away if you decide to take a short walk.

Only thing I noticed that could be better is check-out process which can be really slow, especially during morning. I think hotel of this size should have some kind of Express check out like Radisson does.

Compared with other popular hotels I visited in last 12 months in Novi Beograd area, this one has best value/price ratio. Falkensteiner is also new, with more design rooms and higher room prices, but level of service, less options for breakfast, no pool and location makes it second choice for me. IN Hotel has good service, location by Belgrade Arena, not so bad breakfast, but one can already see that rooms and hotel itself has not been properly maintained since its opening few year ago. Therefore, Crowne Plaza is my favourite hotel at the moment in Novi Beograd for business travel.

4  Thank TomoB
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Additionally we would like to thank you for complimenting the property, our staff, the food quality and the service delivery.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having lived in Belgrade previously for 5 years I remember this hotel as the old Continental. My, what a complete change, and for the better. Everything from Check-In to Check Out was excellent. Room, food/bars/Spa were all very good. Found a new home when I am back visiting friends. Best part, managed to get a good saver rate of 80 Euro per night incl breakie.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking towards old Belgrade, view is tremendous.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank iforres
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was traveling in business and stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is large, modern hotel located the new side of the Belgrade. The room was amazing, very specious and the décor was modern and very homely. The bed was amazing and the hotel had nice touch for adding lavender sprays for customers to use for a good night sleep. There was iron and kettle and plenty of free water for quests. Internet was included in the price and the speed was ok. The selection of toiletries was good and the quality was very good.

I had massage in the hotel spa and it was one of the best massages that I have ever had and it was also very reasonable priced.

The minus points were that the hotel was pricey and I was surprised to find out that the breakfast was not included. The food options are not good either. I ordered room service and the hotel did not know how to prepare quinoa, it was left raw instead of cooking it. The breakfast was not great. Poor selection of food and also the hotel did not serve gluten free option (bread) and this is standard for any internationally brands.

I was also disappointed that I was charged on wrong bank card; even I gave the new card details in the check- in and check- out and was still charged on the card that was given to the hotel on reservation.

I would stay in this hotel again for business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller1977
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Belgrade. We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us.

Additionally we would like to thank you for your remarks and giving us the opportunity to increase your level of satisfaction for the next time. In regards to our gluten free choices we will review our offer and change accordingly. If you would like us to review your payment once more, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a modern building in a relatively modern business district. The hotel entry is a bit off-putting, with a hangar-like hallway with very little in it. It would need to be very busy to look anything other than very empty. The staff however were welcoming, friendly and very helpful. The room was modern, well-equipped and comfortable with free wifi. Breakfast was the only meal I ate in the hotel - the breakfast room was unattractive but the breakfast was fine, though a little lacking in fresh choices.

1  Thank Andy1w
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Additionally we would like to thank you for complimenting our staff and the service delivery.

We will review once more the choices of fresh items on the breakfast buffet to ensure to meet the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed few times in this hotel since it was renovated. Rooms are modern, comfy and clean. Price is around 120-160 eur (depends on the season) per night which is a bit high but this is one of the best hotels in Belgrade for me. WiFi is fast and free, breakfast is VERY good (lots of fresh choices). There is also inside pool with good fitness and sauna facilities.
The only negative point of this hotel it the location. Its in new Belgrade so walking to the center is quite far not nice route. Taxi to the center is about 5 eur.

Room Tip: Top floor has nice views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Belgrade. We are pleased to hear that you had several wonderful stays with us.

Additionally we would like to thank you for complimenting our breakfast buffet, our spa area and the cleanliness.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very good hotel, that I stayed in for 2 nights on business. It is 10 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from downtown so nicely situated. I ate at the restaurant the first night and it was excellent (nova). And I used the pool/sauna/turkish baths twice which are really good and free for guests.

It was reasonably priced and well worth the money, and the staff are very helpful.

My only gripe and its the reason for 4 stars is that the room on the second night was so hot! You cannot set the A/C below 19 degrees which for my personal taste is too warm to sleep in (I am sure it was not 19 degrees either..... felt more like 25...

Room Tip: Get higher up and facing the town for some nice views
1  Thank seandaytona
CPBelgrade, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belgrade, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Belgrade. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Additionally we would like to thank you for complimenting our staff, our spa area and our restaurant facilities.

We will review the displays in regards to the air condition and we will try to find a solution for the future.