Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Serbian Private Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Serbian Private Tours
from US$64.78
from US$37.02
from US$86.77
from US$65.36
More Info
All reviews fruska gora day tour wine tour iron gates sremski karlovci national park answering all of our questions knowledgeable person serbian wine beautiful country fascinating tour serbian culture highly recommend this tour his passion great guide excellent tour former yugoslavia
Reviewed 13 August 2017

From Belgrade, I did 3 tours with Serbian Private Tours: Fruska Gora Monasteries & Sremski Karlovci, Monasteries Manasija & Ravanica and Monasteries Zica & Studenica. I can highly recommend all 3 of these tours. Dobrosav (aka Dobri) was my guide for all 3 tours. His English is excellent. Dobri arrived on time and well prepared with water and juices for the journey. He was mindful of my needs as I have mobility issues and he would drop me as close to the venue as possible, then go and park the car and come back to me to tour our site and then repeat in reverse. This was very sensitive and kind and certainly increased my ability and enjoyment to see and do more.

Dobri had great knowledge of the area and monasteries and also general knowledge of Serbia. I enjoyed your conversations very much and we also had pleasant silences as I enjoyed the view for which words were not necessary. Dobri certainly knows the history, architecture, art and religious significance of all the monasteries but without being boring or overly verbose. Serbia is rich in history and natural beauty and the monasteries were breathtaking.

I was pleasantly surprised by the authenticity of our lunch stops. The wine tasting and lunch in Fruska Gora was with the winemaker himself - food was delicious as was the wine and we got to taste Bermet which apparently had at one time been served on the Titanic. These little stories are treasures and make for memorable experiences. The lunch at Kod Mira (on the Studenica tour) and the lunch at Veliki Buk waterfall (the Ravanica tour) were both delicious examples of local delicacies - this was a really authentic experience with all local clientele (no tour buses here!).

I cannot finish this review without mentioning another kindness and delightful service from Dobri - we had discussed my father serving me a local plum dumpling (knedle) when I was a child and on our second tour Dobri surprised me with knedle which he had gone to a local bakery to find for me and which we had at our morning coffee break. It genuinely brought tears to my eyes and a flood of memories of my father (and yes, they were as good as I can remember my father making!). I can't impress enough how thoughtful and kind this was and I was (still am) delighted by the experience. This is definitely a memory I will cherish - thank you Dobri!

Serbian Private Tours provides exceptional value and service and I highly recommend them. I will most definitely use them again when I next find myself in Serbia.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Did "Between Between Ottomans and Austro-Hungarians" with Slobodan. Wonderful history tour. Some of the locations were closed due to it being early Sunday morning, a time I chose to be in the cool of the day, but that didn't matter. I wanted to get a sense of the scope of Belgrade history and Slobodan delivered. The best part was listening to the history of the region from two overlooks, Belgrade Fortress and Gardos Tower as we gazed out at the land and cityscapes. Recommended for history buffs.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We did a day trip to Topola during our time in Serbia. We booked through Viator which is how we got connected with Serbia Private Tours. We were very fortunate that we were the only tour people on the tour. Our guide, Vladi, was awesome. Very great knowledge, Excellent English. Insightful, informative and fun to be with. He would equally good with a large group or a small private tour like what we had. We stopped at a few wineries, a monastery, toured the town, saw a few churches and had an amazing lunch. I am sure you can book direct with them. When in Serbia and the Belgrade area, I would recommend them.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank allenr589
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We did our tour with Vladislav this week. Long story short, our day was amazing. He picked us up in our hotel at 10:15am sharp as we arranged. He started his "history class" as soon as we got in the car telling us what each building was and giving us an overview of the history of Serbia. Our first stop was at the Velika Remeta Monastery; then on to this little town with lots of history called Sremski Karlovci. Then we drove to Novi Sad, which is a beautiful city with lots of history and beautiful buildings. Our our way back to Belgrade we stoped to have lunch in this spectacular restaurant owned by this person that grows his own grapes for wine, makes homemade Rakija, and cooks amazing food!!! It was 2 hours of non-stop eating and drinking. Vladislav drop us off at the hotel ~6:15pm. My husband and I only have good things to say about our expedience with Serbian Private Tours. We highly recommend it.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank diazrociom
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This is a perfect one day tour that combines the beauty of nature with history and local culture and cuisine while exposing you the gorges on the Danube. Our guide Miljan, fluent in English, made the day memorable by addressing all questions well and even taking photos of us at the best locations. You are driven through the rolling hills of eastern Serbia, see the transformation of the typical villages by the addition of mansions built for the returnees who worked for decades in Western Europe, and then you descend to an enormous lake created by the dam on the Danube still many miles down stream. At the exit from the lake you see the medieval fortress of Golubac. Once current renovations are completed a longer stop here will reveal more of the fortress's rich history. The road now follows the river canyon which is the border between Serbia and Romania. Soon one reaches Lepenski Vir, a perfectly preserved archeological site with artifacts of a civilization over 10,000 years old. . A short movie is available followed by a walking tour of the site. (Those familiar with the oldest pottery of pre Inca civilizations from Peru will notice the similarity, which is puzzling). Typically after this one drives or walks to the top of the mountains to admire the Danube forcing its way through ever narrowing gorges between the Romanian Karpathian mountain range and the Homolje mountains of Serbia, As spectacular as these views from above are, we chose to do the next part of the tour by boat which Miljan prearranged. We went by boat through the Veliki and Mali Kazan, the narrowest passage of the river, and a saw at water level (on the Serbian side) the famous Tabula Traiana of the Roman emperor as well as the stone sculptures of his arch enemy king of Dakia ( Romanian side). Being on the water gave us another perspective of the Iron Gates. At the end we enjoyed our sumptuous, well prepared lunch/dinner feast at Kapetan Mischa while watching the Danube below flow by. All three of us had a most memorable day. We would definitely recommend the tour.

Date of experience: May 2017