“Luxurious and professional hotel”

Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Outstanding hotel with first class service all round. Very hard to fault.
Stayed 3 nights here over Easter in a standard room, but this got upgraded to their deluxe room as I was a Starwood member.

PROS:
* Well located and close to public transport, which made getting around easy.
* Lobby is clean, huge and kind of glamourous. I felt slightly underdressed.
* Staff were as professional, helpful and courteous as staff in luxury hotels in Asia, and that is really telling!
* Rooms were large for European standards, had a large TV, couch, armchair and massive bed with a real duvet. Also lots of cupboard space for those who like to really unpack.
* Bathroom were big, included a shower (with rainfall type head) and an ergonomic bath-tub.
* Complimentary wi-fi access which was really fast and two free bottles of water each day.
* Breakfast was buffett, but you could also order specifically made pieces too.
* There were also a spa to use as well, but I didn't have time for this.

CONS:
* Probably would not have minded there being a kettle in room, but then again, there is a reasonably priced bar downstairs and very reasonably priced Costa Coffee across the road that sells large lattes for 200RSN (about £1.70).

Would definately recommend this hotel to friends and anyone who is visiting Belgrade.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank vwh187
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very thankful for such a wonderful comments that you have shared through Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and facilities of our hotel have met and exceeded your expectations.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services and I thank you once more.

Let me assure you that your sincere and kind comments have already been shared between all our team members.

There are newer reviews for Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I am sad enough to spend a lot of time in hotels and am Platinum Starwood so am used to the different brands and style and I anticipated that this would be Sheraton like. It wasn't it was excellent. The rooms are beautifully designed, the staff cannot do enough and the pool is one of the nicest I have used. It is new and has a few teething issues but they are dealt with brilliantly by staff and management. The executive lounge is great as is the buffet breakfast which is a little bit smokey in the nonsmoking section (an issue in Serbia generally). A really great hotel where I look forward to staying again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank callumCampbell

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for sharing with us your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your valuable comments will contribute to our team’s ongoing efforts to monitor and improve our service standards and help us in our continuous search for excellence.

Thank you once again for your valuable input and we are looking forward to welcome you again at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is most probably the best hotel I have ever visited! The lobby is very elegant and the places for coffee and drinks are great: I really enjoyed taking my morning coffee there with a wonderful view to the park! The restaurant was also beyond my expectations, with exquisite dishes. My room was spacious, with a great view to the park and a great bathroom! The staff was very polite and offered their services in a very friendly, yet professional, manner! I strongly recommend this hotel and if you go there you must definitely visit the spa: the indoor pool is magnificent, the best I have ever seen! Visit the steam room as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank DanaeVo

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

We are thankful that you chose to stay with us, and I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel next time your travels bring you to Belgrade.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts concerning your experience at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel through Trip Advisor.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

A great hotel, great service, very helpful staff, very good rooms. I attended a conference there, and I have to say its a great place for both conferences and gala dinners. Might be the best hotel I have stayed at!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank SlobodanDimi

Dear Slobodan,

Let me thank you, for sharing your positive comments for the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel through Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

This hotel is brand new yet it feels like it has always been there. Not because of the style (it is modern & elegant yet warm) but because it seems it has evolved for many years to arrive at this level of service. The personnel is expert, service is impeccable (worthy of the Luxury Collection standards) you feel constantly attended to without being overwhelmed. Good location, a state of the art spa and a rare restaurant. I was familiar with Chef Peskias cuisine but it has never been truly international, in this restaurant his fusion style is a pleasant surprise. TIP: do try his black risotto and definitely his Pavlova.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the park
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank CHRISTINA_AK

Dear Christina,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and feelings regarding your memorable stay at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Metropol Palace, since I spent a few days in Belgrade, I have to say that the hotel is excellent, I am delighted that the hotel staff is extremely friendly, the food excellent and the service. You feel simply well and restaurant are е excellent . I prefer to have late dinner in my room as I work during the night. I had meeting in Lobby with my friend, excellent view on the park, waiter offered us cakes that were on promotion that just started and I have to say that if an excellent taste and presentation of the cake. What to say more. Just GREAT SERVICE...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mishel M

Dear Mishel,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to share your positive impressions from the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel through Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very nice and luxory hotel in the city center. Completly renovated. Everything is very close to the hotel and in the walking distance. Personel is very kind and polite and service is perfect. Lobby is impresive and appropriate to a such a luxory hotel. I was on a whole day meeting with a group of 50 people and all of them were very satisfied with the meeting rooms and complete venue.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quite with very good isolation so which ever room you choose, you will not ma...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank B S
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you for your time taken to write such a positive comments regarding your stay with us and to extend the greetings from all here at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your positive comments will stimulate our staff to maintain and even evaluate even the excellent quality of service and I thank you once more.

One more time thanks for you high appreciation and rest assured that we look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.