“Nice place for stay in Belgrade”
Review of Hotel Palace

Hotel Palace
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stay in this hotel during my trip to Belgrade for 2 nights.Hotel is located close to Knez Mihajlova street and only 10 min wak from Kalemegdan Park.
In general all services with this hotel ok.Room was small but clean and quiet.
Staff is helpfull and they have good knowledge of foreign languagues.
There is a restaurant,bar all typical for 3* hotel from Communist time.
Brakfast was rich and tasty.Stay in this place if you want to be close to the center and if you
are going to use it only for sleeping.Price is ok,56 eur per night on BB basis.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank asterisk1964

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Tiny rooms, dark furniture, plastic flowers and the smell of sewer rising from the sink. Ah, the good old days. The wifi went down and a rotating cast of characters at the front desk pretended for three days that it was working and that I was the only person complaining, even when others showed up waving their laptops and the useless password. When I pressed a night manager : "What do you want me to do, it's a government hotel, nobody cares." That sums it up nicely. Except for the laundress, who I asked to iron my clean shirts as there was no iron. She washed them and left them more wrinkled than before!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank underwaydd
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed in a Twin room by myself so space was sufficient, both for work and comfort. My room had OK carpets and everything intact, nothing broken. The room had probably been fixed within the last year or so. However, the lobby needs a LOT of refurbishing to come up to par. Staff at reception needs a crash-coarse in hospitality and service. Parking for €18 is ridiculous. Breakfast was included but I would not pay more than €2 for it. I usually sleep well in almost any bed and so I did here too. AC worked but was a bit noisy. I missed an iron and board, did the humid-shower-trick instead.
I’ve been to Belgrade several times due to work and this time I wanted to stay in City Center. I truly love Belgrade and that treat I got by staying here. As always I got what I paid for, OK room, run down hotel, and great location for a fair price.

Room Tip: Even if you are a smoker, chose non. My friend slept in a room reeking like a wet ashtray.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Swededish
Reviewed 6 September 2012

From the moment I saw the filthy, sticky carpet leading up to the lobby from the street I knew this was a bad one. This hotel would fit better in a back street in Cairo with its air of neglect and decay. The entire building is cluttered with broken furniture and unrecognisable catering equipment - if the management got a big skip and threw everything out it would create some space and improve the look of the place. The bedroom was tiny and the bathroom... well, bath cupboard would be a better description. Awful brown sanitaryware, broken taps, broken shower, so little space that you sit on the loo with your knees pressed against the bath and the toilet roll digging into your hip - luckily I am slim but a person of large build would not physically fit inside the space.

My tiny bedroom on the top floor was accessed through the awful art deco lobby of a disused restaurant. There was a planter with a dead plant. It had the feel of one of the worst run-down hotels in a British resort like Blackpool, except that it was sweltering hot and there was no AC. I was tired after a 600 km drive on bad roads so I rang Reception to ask for an air-conditioned room. "We are full, we don't have any" was the reply. Yet that evening and the next morning I heard and saw no evidence of another guest on my floor and looking out of a window at the crumbling back of the hotel I could see split AC units outside some windows. I asked if I could have a fan and to give them credit, a very charming man in clean overalls appeared five minutes later with a fan, which prevented me from sweating as I lay awake all night.

In the lobby several worn out recliner armchairs take up valuable space along with a comedy water feature. On checkout one harassed gentleman was doing a good job of dealing with guests' bills while two bored reception girls watched him. A phone rang.... and rang... and rang for two minutes, ignored by the two girls until a manager snapped at one, who picked it up, muttered one word then slammed it down again.

I went down for breakfast at 06:20 to find a huge empty dining room, nobody in sight but one man in a suit lurking in a dark corner by a computer terminal. Nobody greeted me so I served myself to horrible coffee and the usual selection of breakfast foods. Suddenly at about 06:50 the place woke up, the man emerged and began rushing around looking busy but actually doing nothing, a girl in impractically high heels tottered around moving things about and a couple of other members of staff appeared.

This certainly goes down as one of the worst nights ever in three decades of business travel; I have enjoyed much nicer hotels in \West Africa - at least Lebanese managers understand the importance of constant investment in hotels in order to modernise and deal with wear and tear.

Ghastly in every way - definitely one to avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank UkGlobalrider
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Positive points: good location to old town, service in the restaurant was nice (we learned later that there is a catering/service school attached to the hotel, so I guess it makes sense!), rooms were fine, upstairs meeting room was good, with a nice view of the city from the smoking balcony. Negative points: front desk staff was quite unhelpful and apathetic, even with basic requests. And some of the pre-arranged things we had requested were simply not done and we had to scramble last minute to find solutions. Coffee breaks for the meeting were inflexible, and coffee was always pre-poured and cold.

In short, if you are in Belgrade for tourism, this is a good option. But I would recommend going somewhere else if you are going to organize a meeting or event.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 3 nights and was sceptical about cleanliness at the beginning because I had 2 grasshoppers in the bathroom the first night. I realized this was due to an left open window, the heat and facade spotlights. Overall the staff is very pleasant and ready to help. The hotel is old but well renovated so quite good. I had a flat screen tv in the room, a suite which I paid 80€ a night for. Ready to go back anytime the location is great for shopping, for the kalemegdan park and to go out.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jiss
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hotel is city centre, there is lot of clubs near hotel. Service is very good. Rooms are big and conformable. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business