“Nice hostel”

Belgrade Modern Hostel
Ranked #12 of 312 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The hostel is really new, very clean, it's so close to the city centre, the staff were very friendly, my stay there was great. Maybe it will be nice to have a plug per bed at the shared room, but it wasn't a problem for me because I had all the room free for me.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank varoru
There are newer reviews for Belgrade Modern Hostel

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hostel is really new, very clean, it's so near from the city center, my stay there was great. The service was nice. Maybe it will be ok to have a plug per bed, but it wasn't a problem for me, because I had all the room for me.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank varoru
ModernHostel, General Manager at Belgrade Modern Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

Dear varoru, we are glad you liked the every aspect of our hostel. We are pleased to inform you we have fixed that little problem about the power plugs, so now every bed has it's own socket. We also added a bunch of other stuff, like a sofa, some barstools, better wifi signal and higher speed, etc. We hope that will be reason enough to visit Belgrade and our hostel again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Clean rooms and bathrooms (only problem is you should be convinced to use a shared bathroom) friendly and kind personnel, close to city centre and very cheap. If you are looking for somewhere cheap and clean, then Modern Hostel is the correct choice.

Room Tip: Some rooms have city view, it may be either positive or negative up to person. For me, it was nice t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Fatih E
ModernHostel, Guest Relations Manager at Belgrade Modern Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

Dear Faith, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sharing is the essence of hostels, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal for people looking to hang out and share. We've added a lot of stuff to our inventory since you last visited us, for example, we've added a sofa, some barstools, increased net bandwidth, etc.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am delighted with this hostel because I met many interesting people. Employees are relaxed and very familiar with the city. They recommended me a lot of interesting places to visit. The location is in the center of town and everything was a minute walk away. I'll be back with friends.

Room Tip: All rooms have A/C. Take rooms with balcony and city view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pablo M
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great hostel!! The main strenght of the hostel is the fact that everything is completely new! This is especially appreciable for what concern the showers and toilets, which were clean and new. The room was comfortable, clean and it was furnished with A/C! Also the location was great: you have republic square next to you and all the major interest points are walking-distance! Also, the staff has been always friendly and ready to help me.
I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ale_B860
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The hostel provides everything you need, at bed, shower, toilets and the possibility to hang out in the hallway, drink and make new friends. The staff were very friendly. Best hostel I have visited, I will definitly return!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matti12345
ModernHostel, Public Relations Manager at Belgrade Modern Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2015

Dear Matti12345, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have added a bunch of stuff since your last visit, and we'd like you to come and see for yourself what a great place we've made. We've added a sofa, barstools, generally improved the socialisation aspect of the hostel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We only paid 6 euros for this hostel, so when we arrived we didn't expected such a beautiful place. Nice and clean rooms, clean bathrooms and kind staff. The location is central. In my opinion it is the best place to stay in belgrade! Fantastic!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martina A
ModernHostel, Front Office Manager at Belgrade Modern Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2015

Dear Martina, we're glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Since Your stay with us we have improved and added a number of things, including, but not limited to: a sofa in the living room, barstools and a bar table, gadgets in the kitchen, and we've further improved the as you say impeccable tidiness and also the wi-fi quality and speed.