“No sleep whole night! :(”

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It is located nearby the central train and bus station. The isolation on the windows is not properly done therefore whole night you have to listen the chaotic noise of all vehicles passing through the busy street in front of the hotel. I couln't sleep at all! It may be the fault of that specific room, so recommend not to stay at 502 or rooms facing to the train station.
Besides, it is a typical 3* budget hotel with successful staff and can be recommended if your expectations are not so high. 5/10

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tatjana V, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Mr. President, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Iridiumjazzclub,

Thank your review of the Design Hotel Mr. President.
On You next visit to our Hotel we will make sure to manage You room on the less noice side of Hotel.
Remarks about room and other facilities have been forwarded immediately to our maintenance department, and these issues have been solved in the shortest period of time.
At the Design Hotel Mr. President we do our best to exceed our guests expectations..

Front Office manager

There are newer reviews for Design Hotel Mr. President

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Being in Belgrade for business was a new experience for me. The hotel was pre booked and my expectations were not very high. Luckely mr president hotel is a fine hotel: rooms are ok, it is relatively clean, breakfast is 'european' and fine, service by the staff is excellent and very friendly.
Watch out for cab/taxi... One big fraud/maffia

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank wLeQ
Tatjana V, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Mr. President, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear wLeQ,

Front Office Manager at the

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The hotel is modern and relatively new. The room amd the bathroom are of good size. The location is not the best one but it is relatively close to the center. The road is a bit noisy and the insulation was not the best one. In general I was satisfied and I will choose it again. I consider it good value for th emoney that I paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Tatjana V, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Mr. President, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Nikolaos B,

We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay.
On You next visit to our we will make sure to manage You room at quite side of Hotel.

Front Office manager

Reviewed 15 September 2013

From my previous entry on Queen's Astoria Design Hotel:

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor. Got really good reviews. I know Belgrade very well and decided that the location + reviews/pics was enough to convince me to try to stay here for one night. I arrived after midnight and was greeted by a receptionist who told me that there was a flood in the hotel and that I need to stay in their 'sister' hotel 200 m down the road. I simply asked why I wasn't informed about this and there was no clear answer. A porter helped with my bags but as soon as I realised a 'sister' hotel was on one of the busiest intersections in Belgrade I knew there will be no sleep that night. I also had a vague suspicion a receptionist lied to me. I was right on both counts. If you want to know more about that experience, read my next entry on Design Hotel Mr. President, Belgrade.

And here we come. After my arrival at Mr. President I was greeted with a very friendly receptionist who told me they upgraded me to a bigger room. Nice. He also said they couldn't give me a room at Astoria as there was a large group of tourists that came in that day that needed to be accommodated. I asked 'What about the flood?' and he said there was a flood too LOL Anyhow, hotel is solid value for money, thus three stars. However, it is on one of the busiest roads in Belgrade and the one that is constantly in the state of repair. So I had to put up with concrete drills all night. Not even noise cancelling phones could shut it down. I mentioned this to a receptionist in the morning and she was very sorry but that was about it (and yes, she didn't charge me for a beer that I had to have that night, contemplating how to escape from that awful noise...) In sum, solid hotel but be mindful of a) the way they do business (you can easily be sent to another place even if you have a booking) and b) it is a very busy and noisy road.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sanja M,

Thank you for your review.
We will be more than happy to host you on your next visit and manage You room at quite side of hotel. We will make sure that all of the possible imperfections will be resolved.
Feel free to visit us soon again and for all information you may contact us directly on our email address r@hotelmrpresident.com.

Welcome, we are expecting you!

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here on business for three or four nights recently. Not entirely sure, they sort of blurred into one another in the end. Not my best travel experience if I'm honest, but I do consider it to be character building.

Guy on reception friendly and welcoming enough. Hotel a bit quirky, but that's fine, I expected it. In fact it's half the reason I stayed here. Who wouldn't want to stay in a room themed on a US President I've never heard of, and dine in a restaurant with it's own mini Mount Rushmore? Where else could I stay in a themed hotel this side of Las Vegas? It was an opportunity not to be missed. Or so I thought at the time.

Called down for an iron - "I'll send one up" was the reply. Great! Hours later - no iron. Call down again - "Sorry, we don't have one". Hmm. Couldn't you have told me that before 11pm I pondered? But it's ok, I could drop the shirts off for laundry service - and I'd have them back at 7am - fantastic! Unfortunately, when I called the next morning at 7:30am after a hard night's hunting (I'll come on to that) they weren't done yet. In fact housekeeping weren't in that early. I could've sworn I was told they started before 6am. Oh well, maybe the loss of blood got to me.

Anyway, bad handling of an iron/ironing board and/or laundry incident wouldn't be the end of the world and life is surely too short to dwell on such things in isolation right? And it would be, but as it happens, I spent most of the evenings chasing down and trying to swat the small swarm of mosquitos in my room, which I thought a little odd given that the windows didn't open. Still, there's something quite satisfying if not a little disturbing about squashing a mossie full of (I hope) your own blood. And I least I had the soundtrack of europop from the bar directly below my room to entertain me into the early hours whilst on my hunt. Could've done without the music firing up from the bar at 7ish the next morning whilst recovering from a hard night's mosquito stalking though. If it was a bit of drum and bass, I wouldn't have minded but euro-house-party-pop filtered through the inadequate audio filter of the floor of my room is enough to put me right off my cornflakes at the best of times. (on the plus side, I now know it is true - some mosquitos have a gene that renders them invisible when you have the light on - nightvision goggles mandatory if I ever stay here again). I put the final score down as 14-0 to me in the mossie conflict, but they certainly got a few good hits of their own in.

There was at least an opportunity to seek respite from the wildlife in the aforementioned Mount Rushmore dominated restaurant for a free evening meal - who says there's no such thing as a free dinner eh? Well, it wasn't exactly free, but it was included in the very reasonable price. First impressions were quite good - reasonable selection, not haute cuisine, but not greasy cafe either. Lost my enthusiasm a little when I saw the next evening that the food was just the reheated offerings from the night before (and the night before, and the night before I wonder...) - decided to go with the safe option from then on in and stick with the pizza and chips on the basis that a whole pizza couldn't have been the one that I ate a slice from the night before. A reasonable decision at the time to mitigate the risk of developing a potential gastroenteritis/malarial super-illness. Though to be fair, the Serbian hospital food may have been a step up. I'd have also quite liked to have had a lovely local Jelen beer to accompany my pizza, but sadly despite much eye contact, gesticulating and repetitions of "excuse me!" the waitress gave me a considerably wide berth. Maybe it was because I forgot my Lynx, but it could've just been that the mossie inflicted war wounds had me looking a bit like Thing from the Fantastic Four.

So to summarise, it was an experience. One I won't be looking to repeat any time soon, but hey, this might be some people's idea of a good break. Especially if you have a repressed big game hunter bursting to get out, a love of post Stock Aitken and Waterman euro-cheese wake up calls, a strong stomach, you think that ironing is a waste of valuable life hours and you have a slightly geeky interest in American Presidents, then this could be just the place for you. It's certainly not expensive. But four stars? Really? The only stars I would be giving this place would be of the shuriken ninja throwing varity to help them tackle the blood sucking critters lurking in their air conditioning system - and conditioning is a term I also use loosely - I have an idea of what air-conditioning is supposed to do in my world and it isn't some sort of transportation system to efficiently distribute blood sucking insects around the building.

If you do stay here - may the force be with you - you'll find me in a quieter/cleaner/lower risk of personal injury, normal establishment with better food and service somewhere nearby all for the cost of a few more pounds per night (which incidentally the company pays anyway). Look me up and we can compare notes/bites.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank J0hn_the_traveller
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A fantastic hotel with so friendly atmosfere that You will wish to come back so many times like me. In case one wants to visit some interesting place, the reception si there to fulfil all your wishes immediately and help You the best possible way. Rooms are created with a special design which is so amazing that You must see. Breakfast contains various meals which are served by a very kind girl constanty smiling.The staff is so adoring starting from reception to housekeeping cleaning ladies and the waiters in the caffe bar. I must not forget that the parking lot is free of charge and supervised for 24 hours. Finally, I can only say that this is my second home and truly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Take room number 704 with a wonderful view and enjoy!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Located near main station and close to shopping road.
Very friendly & helpful staff and a clean room, big bed rich variety of breakfast. I was fully satisfied. Definitely I will come back to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tatjana V, Manager at Design Hotel Mr. President, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Teddy_Beer_Bear,