“One of my favourite hotels in Kyiv”

Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol
Ranked #51 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I just want to say "Thanks for such a nice hotel".
Location are really great and convenient. 3 minutes and U are in the centre.
Staff - very friendly and helpful.
Rooms - fantastic, spacious and comfortable
10/10

• Stayed: January 2013
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Margorito4ka,

Please allow us to tell thank you for really nice review. Our staff is delighted to get such a good comment from you!
With a great pleasure we have been doing our job in order to make your stay comfortable and enrich your experience.
Once again, kindly accept many thanks for sharing your experience, and we are waiting for your next visit to the Riviera Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was booked in to the Boutique Hotel Riviera by clients (who were covering the cost of my trip). I arrived Sunday afternoon and checked out Friday morning. The staff were efficient and helpful at all times. The room was very big and very comfortable with a huge and lovely bed. The bathroom (with a tub and shower combined) was also comfortable, clean, and well-lit. I was out at meetings etc all day, the weather was cold and wet (blizzards), and the hotel was a very cosy and welcoming place to come back to each evening. I had a complimentary "welcome" drink in the bar the first night but thereafter stuck to room service, as the restaurants were empty and not much fun. The location is great: you can get the funicular rail up the hill to walk around the city, or take the metro – both just outside the hotel. My one regret is that I didn't try the spa (it was on my floor) but after a long day in Kiev, wrapped up in the hotel's bathrobe with a glass of (very reasonably priced) wine from the minibar, my room was just too comfortable to leave!

Room Tip: Room 317 was on the side next to the funicular and metro stations, bit of a view of the main street...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear valued Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for such a good review. Your words give us an inspiration to work even better. Our team and me personally will be waiting for your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Excellent location, good rooms, well equipped bathrooms, professional staff, lot of restaurants within 100 meters. I am qiet frequently in Kiev, tried different hotels. This is one of the best for one, or two nights.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, let me express my gratitude for staying at the Riviera Boutique Hotel, Kyiv. Thank you very much for your kind comment and warm words, and many thanks for sharing your experience with other people.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Riviera Hotel Kiev.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I come here often while on busines trips. Never had any complaints bug enough to remember and mention. Excellent location in the center of Kiev right next to funicular, metro and dozens of restaurants, decent prices (albeit after a corporate discount), nice amenities and good service. Except I didn't quite enjoy the breakfasts — while looking nice everything tasted blank somehow.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank very much for your kind words and positive feedback and also I would like to express my gratitude for staying at the Riviera Boutique Hotel, Kyiv. Once again, kindly accept many thanks for sharing your experience to attention of Tripadvisor’s community, and we are waiting for your next visit to the Riviera Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had to stop in Kiev before travelling further south on business. Reception was quick an efficient and the room welcome after a long journey. Breakfast next morning was good but the staff whilst not rude we're not interested. I am sure that the hotel would be suitable for an extended stay as the metro was straight outside. But due to work commitments and the snow could not check that out. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Nice to read that you enjoyed your staying in the hotel. Thank you for your comment, which is very helpful for us. Your words give us an opportunity to see some imperfections and improve our service. I hope that while your next visit to Kiev the weather would be much better and we would be honored to welcome you back to the Boutique Hotel Riviera.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have spent two nights in this hotel. I do not have any complains. Room was not to big, rather small for this class. It was nice furnished (maybe a little tired, but still ok) and Very clean. Bed is ok, with four excellent, very soft pillows, so any position is possible. Towels new, in good condition.
Breakfast was ok, but nothing special. I am used (in CIS countries), that there is possible to order some omlet, or scrambled eggs with ham and cheese,...but Riviera do not have that. Was ok, but could be a bit better.
Neiborhoud of hotel is not fancy. There is 10-15 minutes walk to centre, up to the hill. There are many restorants. Some guest have mentioned that he had dinner in the hotel restaurant and was delicious ...I did not try this option.
You will not be disapointed with this hotel, but it is nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your objective review. I have noted a few points where improvement is needed, and necessary action has already been taken. Once again, kindly accept many thanks for sharing your experience to attention of Tripadvisor’s community, and we are waiting for your next visit to the Riviera Boutique Hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel and, apart from the position which is quite convenient, I must say I'm not so satisfied. at my arrival I poured water in the bathtub and some hair from previous customer was floating in the water! the temperature in the room is very low and the heating turns off when you leavr the room, so at your return it takes 5-10 minutes to have a decent temperature, in the bathroom is always colder than I wish (and I hate hot hotel rooms). breakfast is ok but staff is quite lazy and not ready to serve and help you. Same for reception: I asked for a harder pillow and they brought me a crappy unuseful wool cushion. I will not stay here again even if location is nice.

1  Thank i_picci
BoutiqueRivieraHotel, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Riviera on Podol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest!

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the Riviera Boutique Hotel, Kyiv and for taking time to share your experience with us and other people worldwide. Most certainly I'm saddened to figure out that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for these problems you have experienced. Rest assured all necessary actions will be taken to prevent such occurrence in the future.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and should you decide to visit the Kyiv-city again in the future, we will be honored if you choose the Riviera Boutique Hotel.

Best regards,