“Clem”
Review of Oselya Kiev

Oselya Kiev
Ranked #23 of 113 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Facility was very clean, nice court yard when the weather is good, great service from desk attendents, great morning breakfast, was helped in everyway I requested assist, local cell phone provision, summoning taxi service, great advice on entertainments, museums, and places to eat. Is a small establishment 20 minute from city center but away from the crowds. Provides fair prices with airport shuttle service. Help is proficient, or rather, sufficient in speaking English; was a great help.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank goal_lee

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is not a large hotel--seven rooms. And it is distant from Kiev's city center. But I rate as one of finest lodgings I've encountered anywhere. Each room is uniquely and well decorated and as clean and comfortable as you could want. The neighborhood is quiet and with some unusual touches. I looked out my window and saw free range chickens doing their chicken-thing in the adjoining yard. How often do you see that from a Sheraton or Marriot? Breakfast is included in the price:: three choices served in a fine garden with a small waterfall. The isolation from the city center is a minor problem for sightseeing and restauranting . Pickup and letoff from and to the airport are easily arranged. As is transportation to the train station or nearest subway station. Just ask at the desk. Give them a call and they will pick you up from the subway. The staff is gracious and bends over backwards to accommodate your requests. It is isolated to be sure, but those who want serenity and great sleeping--this is for you.

Room Tip: If you want a little more space and a view of the chickens get the mini-suite. (The chickens crow ve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles M
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Dear Charles, thank you very much for mentioning our chickens. Recently I was asked why we offer so many dishes with eggs for breakfast. It is because our chickens are very productive ) I like you enjoyed your time in Oselya and hope you will become our regular guest ) Oksana

Reviewed 31 August 2012

perfect organization and moreover they take care of your time, even if you think living in the centre would be better, try to rest easy at Oselya!!
I shouldn't write so good, because I'm afraid i couldn't find free rooms at Olesya the next time i'll go to Kiev....
....however....... I cannot say differently ......

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stefano B

Dear Stefano, we always have room in the hotel for nice people ) Thank you for companion at Stalin tunnels excursion. See you next time. Oksana

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stay my wife and me in tthe hotel just fora couple of days ,,and we was so happy to choice the hotel , for plenty reassons , the hotels is small butique , the attention is super , the rooms are very nice clean and confortable with small touches , like the espresso machine ,,, (great touch) , the breakfast is exelent , make you feel very homie ,,,,,and the garden is wonderfoul , like I say the service is better of any 5 star hotel in town ,,,,and we travel a lot and always in 5 stars hotels ,,, I will be consider Oselya one of the best hotels in Kiev , for service , location ,,and warm feeling like you always feel at home
thanks for a great experience

Martin and Anna Repetto

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chefelmarquez
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Martin and Anna, I'm very glad you enjoyed your time in "Sky on clouds" room. Thank you very much for your touchy review. I hope your next visit will be soon ). Regards, Oksana

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I spent a long weekend in Kiev and chose to book the Oselya based on Tripadvisor rating and reviews. Very good choice for the budget aware traveler, as central hotels can be very expensive.
Owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and always accessible and responsive (emails/phone). Complimentary transfers from/to nearest metro station were very useful and always available when I needed them (though they are not guarantied). Most Kiev attractions (and there are many!) are easily and quickly accessible by the very cheap and effective metro service.
My room was spacious and clean with a very nice bathroom. Breakfast in the garden was nice, when weather permitted.
The nearby Kazachok restaurant is a little bit expensive but very very good if you want to try the local cuisine. Ask the reception to book your table, and you'll get a 10% discount!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Yaron A
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Yaron, thank you very much for your review. You paid us a big compliment as we provide our car to and from metro station only for pre-arranged transfers. I’m glad we managed to make our car available for you every time. But us usual we are not so perfect )

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The staff at the Oselya are fantastic. I can't say enough about how helpful they were. There English is excellent and they did everything they could to make our stay wonderful. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. My only issue was the distance to the center of town. The staff at the hotel took us to the subway and brought us back for free, which really make a difference. The subway system in Kiev is also quite fun to ride. It's very fast. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Kiev.

Room Tip: The pick up service from the airport was wonderful and fairly priced. Have breakfast outside, it'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seaspraydc1
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Dear Eugene, thank you very much for your feedback. Recently we had changed in staff and your review is a sign for us they are doing well. Thank you a lot. Take care. Oksana Bogorodova

Reviewed 12 July 2012

From the moment I booked Olexander and Oksana could not have been more helpful, from arranging the transfer from the hotel to offering to take me and my son to the football - with him. Fantastic hosts, thank you never seems quite enough. The hotel staff were excellent, freindly, helpful and above all excellent English! The garden was a really nice place to eat breakfast, which was plentiful, or to unwind with a beer after a long day sightseeing. Some reviews say it is too far from the centre, maybe it is, but the number 17 bus from the bottom of the hill and the metro get you into the centre in no time at all and was all part of the adventure (and for less than 5 UAH!). As for Kiev, we came for the football despite all of the bad English press stories to find a wonderful, welcoming city, plenty to see, plenty to do. Well worth the visit.

Room Tip: The room in the sky (?) had no window blinds, and it gets light very early, but by the second night...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kevin W
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Kevin, thank you for you coming despite bad publicity about Ukraine. When I read it I was sure no one will come. I hope many of guests destroyed stereotype about Ukraine and we did small contribution as well ) Hope to welcome you soon in Oselya. Have a nice day. Oksana