“More than I would have expected”
Review of Oselya Kiev

Oselya Kiev
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Christchurch, New Zealand
“More than I would have expected”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel and staff were all that I needed for a brief stay, but the most impressive thing went beyond that. I only had a brief stay in Kyiv, this time, and had a tour organised for the day. I did not know it but the guide had been recommended by the hotel. When she arrived late for the tour I was given, at no cost, a meal to help fill in the time until she arrived and the use of the room that I had already check out of. I would not have expected it anything but was grateful to take up unasked for offer. It was an example of great customer service that other hotels could learn from.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank PeterGW2013
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Peter, I’m very glad to hear you again. I hope you enjoyed excursion and this trip gave you more interesting information about our history. We have quite interesting time now - contemporary history to be with EC or Russia. I’m sure you next trip will be also interesting ) Regards, Oksana Bogorodova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A great experience.
Because we wanted to visit Kiev, we opted for an accommodation near the city center. We had seen the recommendations and it's exactly right. Great people, perfect room, good service, very helpful, free transport to the metro-station, breakfast is included, dinner is possible........ So: during our next visit to Kievwe will stay definitely in Oselya.
Inna and Wietse

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WietseInna
Dear Inna and Wietse, thank you very much for your review. We will be very glad to welcome you again. Oksana Bogorodova and Oselya team )
San Diego
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I give the Oselya hotel in downtown Kiev, Ukraine a strong recommendation. It's a quiet and romantic place to take an old love or to build a new love. Located close to the Zhulyany airport this hotel might be a great place to stay before or after a domestic flight within Ukraine that used this convenient in town airport.

The grass in the garden was still a deep green in early November, with Koi swimming in the fishpond. It's a truly lovely garden even in late autumn. I'd love to come back when the roses are blooming.

Breakfast is included in the price and the staff can supply lunch or dinner (with your choice of Ukrainian food) if you would like that.

The hotel is absolutely lovely and almost brand new on the inside. From the outside however it looks like just another boring house. The address is clearly marked on the hotel, but the sign that says Oselya is very small and you won't see it until you walk up to the door and ring the bell.

I'd definitely love to stay here again!

Room Tip: The room called "Myth of the Sun" has windows on two sides, great light and on the days we...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kadfad
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you very much for your sweet review. We were very happy to welcome you and your fiancé in our hotel. I’m not sure you have visited lakes near the hotel. This is also very nice walking area. I hope you will explore next time. BR, Oksana
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at Oselya twice and the service was excellent. The staff even printed my boarding passes for my next destinations and drove me to the airport for my very early morning flight. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and I was very pleased with the accommodations and the attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Butterfly10011001
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you very much for nice review. We hope third time will be soon ). I wish you a nice day. Oksana
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Friendly staff, excellent breakfast spread with a variety of choices, homemade and organic too. You can have your breakfast in their wonderful garden but it was raining most of the time we were there so I could t take any photos.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony view so you can over look the garden at night
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ms Ade A
Dear Ms Ade, we are very glad you appraised our garden even in raining season. I hope we will have chance to welcome you next time and to serve food in the open air. We already work on menu ). Regards, Oksana Bogorodova
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice in the past month and both times had excellent rooms.
First time I stayed I arrived late and hadn't eaten, the kitchen was closed but the staff opened and cooked a feast of different local dishes.
Would recommend this hotel, the staff were friendly and spoke good English.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ziggy1473
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our homemade food. We will be glad to welcome you in Kyiv again. Have a nice day, Oksana Bogorodova
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This family run small hotel/B&B has a beautiful garden in which they serve breakfast. The staff are all friendly, helpful, and speak excellent English. The downside is that the hotel is a bit remote from the city centre, but they are quite accommodating to drive you to/from the metro station at no charge. (Remember to get their mobile number so you can text when you're returning.) The owners live adjacent to the hotel. There is no restaurant but the breakfast is superb. The best way to get there from the airport is to take the airport bus to the first stop, then take the metro to Vasylkivsk. They'll collect you from there, it's about 2km away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ho6
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you very much for nice review. I’m glad our transfers are helpful. I hope you enjoyed city and we will welcome you next time soon, Regards, Oksana