“One of the best IC in the world”

InterContinental Kiev
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Upon arrival, I was surprised that the hotel has a note that I would like to have view to the Cathedral even I already forgot about my request so I was so delighted on that time. I was upgraded one level to Deluxe room due to my Ambassador status. The Deluxe room is very spacious, modern and luxury. There was a complimentary fruit platter, macaroons and mineral water in my room. The complimentary mini-bars were also highlight during my stay. That was great !!!

There's a Wifi problem in my room during my stay where I cannot login on all of the username. I asked if someone could check the wifi problem in my room but the hotel finally provides the router on my room. Such a great service !! However, it turns out that the router still has a problem and again...Sergey or Serhii (i forgot) from concierge helped me and I didn't know what he did but finally it worked !!!

The hotel location is unbeatable, it is only within walking distance to Maidan Nezalezhnoshti (about 10-15 mins). Since I have early flight so I asked the FO to have a wake up call and taxi. I just slept on 2 am and thanks to the wake up call so I could still wake up on time. So it is much appreciated !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank virtualaris
InterContinental1, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental Kiev for your recent stay. We will pass all your great comment to our team.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for several days before a New Year. I liked everything about it. Rooms and service were excellent ! I had breakfasts there all the time I was there. I really loved it. The service was excellent. Prices are very fair for the stuff u guys give to the customers. I used to like to have a cigarette in a lobby bar with my partners. The guys, working in that lobby bar are very friendly and well-behaved. This hotel gives an excellent service and a great location of the city also. Everything was just Perfect. From now on Ill be always staying at that place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank QWER333
InterContinental1, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely pass your comments to our Lobby Bar team.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Kiev.

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have stayed at the Intercontinental in Kiev late November for a weekend. The location is great. Service overall has been rather disappointing. All staff were efficient, we never had to wait long for anything ... however with the overall atmosphere we did not really feel welcome. The security people at the door and in the lobby feel rather unpleasant and unfriendly ... even at the Intercontinental you are still in Ukraine, and it feels.
The rooms were pleasant ... however rather small. The rooms going to the main street can be a bit noisy at times.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Urs E H
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback following your recent stay. We highly appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service, ensuring that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really excellent hotel in a perfect location. Absolutely the best hotel in Kiev! It's true that the service quality is changing and there are amplitudes to the high and low side but compared to the other hotels I stayed in Kiev it is outstanding ( good ).
The only bad experience I had in this location was the behavior of guests at the Executive Lounge. A crowd of pilots ( I was told from an Austrian business jet operator ) were behaving extremely inappropriate - I assume it was the influence of the complimentary alcohol served at the Lounge....

Room Tip: All rooms I stayed in were ok! I prefer the street view though in winter time!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael H
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you find InterContinental Kiev the best hotel in Kiev.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have faced in the Executive Lounge.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is located quite strategically for meetings and sightseeing. The rooms are very comfortable (although the beds are surprisingly hard). Service is very uneven. The concierge was excellent but housekeeping and room service were not up to an international standard. It was also quite expensive given how inexpensive things are in Kiev generally.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor but be mindful there is a noisy nightclub on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feed back with us. We are delighted to hear that you find our service uneven and concierge service excellent.
Your valuable review will be shared amongst the team and we hope you will see the improvements made on your return.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a brief stay in Kiev and chose to stay at the Intercontinental due to its good location and favourable TA reviews. We were not disappointed - hotel was very nice, room comfortable with some nice touches ; complimentary mini bar (soft drinks), pillow menu and usual standards you would expect from a 5 star hotel. We visited both the top floor and lounge bars and both were nice although wine was very expensive (£12 per 150 ml glass) which was a shame (although it did come with some nice snacks). The lounge bar also seemed slightly understaffed with 1 person looking after all guests on his own - quite a task on a Friday evening!!! We ate in Comme Il Faut which was good although not outstanding, and again wine prices were excessive. Good choice at breakfast, although was expensive and we only ate here once due to the high cost (£30 pp)

The location is excellent with many attractions either on the door step or no more than a 5 minute walk away. Concierge was outstanding, in both responding to e mails ahead of our visit and during our stay - suggesting local bars, sightseeing etc.

We enjoyed Kiev and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkPP

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you liked our hotel, comfortable rooms and lounge bar.
We have taken your valuable remarks on board. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The quality if the rooms and the service at the front desk and the Executive Lounge were all great. The quality of the breakfast was good too. The service at the concierge was inconsistent: the head concierge was great, however. I would definitely return and recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary S
892Kateryna, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental Kiev for your recent stay. We are happy to hear you liked our rooms, breakfast and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.