“The best Intercontinental so far!”

InterContinental Kiev
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Kiev
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best Intercontinental so far!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed end February for 2 nights with some colleague. Superb facilities, very luxury room, cute Spa and fantastic restaurant and bar (11th floor) - High end style lounge restaurabt with very delicious food and Service level - the best I have seen in any other place in kiew. Will surely come back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sokolova1
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased that you liked our facilities, delicious food and service level.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is what you call a good hotel!

Nicely appointed room even if the style is common. I like the free soft drinks in the mini bar and the efficient free wifi.

Nice lobby with different area for a coffee or wait time for your colleagues or friends.

Never saw the gym when there.

In term of bar and restaurant it's good.The breakfast room also a restaurant is basic but food is good. The French and local restaurant is good but the best is the terrace when the weather is good.

The service all together is good and can sometimes be amazing (I came once with a broken leg and the waitress at breakfast was then more than perfect!).

Last thing is location and its location is top!

So if you are in Kiev don't hesitate to try the Intercontinental you shouldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2 last floor as if the rooftop bar is open you might not sleep well...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SheikhDaCize
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and we are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

Depok, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Upon arrival, I was surprised that the hotel has a note that I would like to have view to the Cathedral even I already forgot about my request so I was so delighted on that time. I was upgraded one level to Deluxe room due to my Ambassador status. The Deluxe room is very spacious, modern and luxury. There was a complimentary fruit platter, macaroons and mineral water in my room. The complimentary mini-bars were also highlight during my stay. That was great !!!

There's a Wifi problem in my room during my stay where I cannot login on all of the username. I asked if someone could check the wifi problem in my room but the hotel finally provides the router on my room. Such a great service !! However, it turns out that the router still has a problem and again...Sergey or Serhii (i forgot) from concierge helped me and I didn't know what he did but finally it worked !!!

The hotel location is unbeatable, it is only within walking distance to Maidan Nezalezhnoshti (about 10-15 mins). Since I have early flight so I asked the FO to have a wake up call and taxi. I just slept on 2 am and thanks to the wake up call so I could still wake up on time. So it is much appreciated !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank virtualaris
InterContinental1, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental Kiev for your recent stay. We will pass all your great comment to our team.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kiev.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for several days before a New Year. I liked everything about it. Rooms and service were excellent ! I had breakfasts there all the time I was there. I really loved it. The service was excellent. Prices are very fair for the stuff u guys give to the customers. I used to like to have a cigarette in a lobby bar with my partners. The guys, working in that lobby bar are very friendly and well-behaved. This hotel gives an excellent service and a great location of the city also. Everything was just Perfect. From now on Ill be always staying at that place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank QWER333
InterContinental1, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely pass your comments to our Lobby Bar team.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Kiev.

Hotel Management Team
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have stayed at the Intercontinental in Kiev late November for a weekend. The location is great. Service overall has been rather disappointing. All staff were efficient, we never had to wait long for anything ... however with the overall atmosphere we did not really feel welcome. The security people at the door and in the lobby feel rather unpleasant and unfriendly ... even at the Intercontinental you are still in Ukraine, and it feels.
The rooms were pleasant ... however rather small. The rooms going to the main street can be a bit noisy at times.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Urs E H
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback following your recent stay. We highly appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service, ensuring that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really excellent hotel in a perfect location. Absolutely the best hotel in Kiev! It's true that the service quality is changing and there are amplitudes to the high and low side but compared to the other hotels I stayed in Kiev it is outstanding ( good ).
The only bad experience I had in this location was the behavior of guests at the Executive Lounge. A crowd of pilots ( I was told from an Austrian business jet operator ) were behaving extremely inappropriate - I assume it was the influence of the complimentary alcohol served at the Lounge....

Room Tip: All rooms I stayed in were ok! I prefer the street view though in winter time!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael H
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you find InterContinental Kiev the best hotel in Kiev.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have faced in the Executive Lounge.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is located quite strategically for meetings and sightseeing. The rooms are very comfortable (although the beds are surprisingly hard). Service is very uneven. The concierge was excellent but housekeeping and room service were not up to an international standard. It was also quite expensive given how inexpensive things are in Kiev generally.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor but be mindful there is a noisy nightclub on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
InterContinental1, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feed back with us. We are delighted to hear that you find our service uneven and concierge service excellent.
Your valuable review will be shared amongst the team and we hope you will see the improvements made on your return.