“Great food and views”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This restaurant has fantastic views over the river Dnieper and the prices are very reasonable compared to what we would pay here for similar food. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal - the menu had English translations and the staff spoke a little English too. I have given it 4 out of 5 as it would have been great to have some simpler menu choices or a childrens menu - one of my family (aged 16) wouldn't eat anything so we had take her for pizza afterwards!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

When it's 3 times more expensive to drink water than coke you have a problem. Mushroom soup starter was water and a few small pieces of potato and mushroom - just occurred to me why it was so expensive - all the water! After salt added was ok. My friend had borsch which was ok, but the pampuschka was like the KFC buns. For main the risotto was average and the fish was a small portion, nothing to rave about. Probably the highlight was the bread and unlike the other reviewer I don't think we paid for the napkins or the bread. I wouldn't usually stop at somewhere in a foreign city without checking reviews but we had been walking for hours and the view was beautiful - inside smelt like stale cigarette. Would avoid!

2  Thank alouise06
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Food was ok but toooooo expensive....70 uah for a bottle of still water (300ml) is way too much. The only thing that we liked was the view to Kiev-Pechorska Lavra.

2  Thank intervivos
Reviewed 27 February 2013

STAY FAR AWAY !

The view is great over the river, but you will get completely ripped off - guaranteed.

I was charged even for napkins !!! And if you request water, you will get a completely overpriced bottle of water, etc.

Even if you calculate exactly from the menu what your bill should be, you can double- or triple it when all is said and done, and do not be surprised with a $500-700 (yes, US Dollars !) bill for an average dinner. You can eat much better and only at a small fraction of the cost at a thousand other places in Kiev.

Stay away - trust me on this one.

2  Thank Peku K
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you are a tourist, I would recommend going to Belevdere at least once when the weather is good for an evening meal. The view over the city is first rate. Take your loved one but expect to pay in our case $200 for three for a very good normal meals along with one glass of wine each....Still better than Avalon which is a total rip-off.