KievApts Apart Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Senator Maidan(Kiev)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at apartment at Mala Zhitomirskaya, just 200 meters from the main square. Apartments are spacious and comfortable. Cleanliness however is not on the best level.
The price is very good for this location, and they also provide transport from/to airport for reasonable price.
It is nice place for travelers and group of friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Apartment 37 at 2 Shevchenko Blvd.

Communication from the time of our booking through to leaving was great. The apartment is in a really good location, close to center of the city, and also only about a 20min walk to the train station. Also close to metro stations, shops, cafe's, bars etc.

We are definitely not fussy travellers and use a range of types of accomodation when travelling (we stayed in 8 different places in 2 weeks - this was definitely the worst especially considering the cost). The apartment was shabby overall and felt unclean (although it was clean it didn't feel it). The bathroom was really cramped - you could only sit sideways on the toilet! While there was a bath it was 1/2 the size of a normal one. The bathroom was also in a relatively poor state of repair with work done after initial fitting of appliances etc and not done well at all (big gaps around pipes, plastic tubing running loose into sink from water heater etc.

The kitchen also felt shabby and unclean (evn thought it was clean). It was laid out in a strange way and the worktop was at a very low height. As I say we're not fussy but it wouldn't entice you to use it.

The bedroom/living room was fine. However there was only one curtain which only covered half the window. The TV wasn't connected up and took a while to figure out what wires went where. The wi-fi only worked for about 1 hour out of the two days we were there.

The complex the apartment is in is also quite shabby - graffitti present on main door and lift etc.

Overall however it met our needs for the few days - we were out most of the time so it didn't matter and it was in a good location. If however we had planned on cooking in it and chilling out it definitely wasn't satisfactory and I wouldn't recommend it for that. When booking I would suggest clarifying what apartment you are going to get as going by the photos there appears to be a big difference in standards between this apartment and the others. For the money I would say stay away from this apartment - you'll get much better if you look around. .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelloThereJimBob
Arnold S, Manager at KievApts Apart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate it whether it is good or bad as it helps us improve our services. I do want to point out some items in regards to this particular review which are not mentioned or are entirely accurate. We offer fully serviced apartments in the very heart of Kiev. Each one is unique and different, with its own design. In this particular case, the client received this apartment for a very low price, well below comparable offers in Kiev. The apartment is perfectly functional, clean and is located on the corner of the main street. However, this particular unit is indeed quiet small. However, if our clients book from us direct, they have the ability to choose the very apartment they like from our website. In this instance, the client made a booking through a portal, and the specific apartment was not chosen. They were informed about the apartment they were to be provided in the confirmation letter and if they had an issue with its design, or size they could have asked for a different one, which they did not do for some reason in this case.

As for the Wi Fi or TV item - we were not informed about either of these issues, and unfortunately we can not fix any issue that we do not know about. For instance, the TV issue most likely was simply a matter of the cable being unplugged and in regards to Wi Fi - the issue most likely could have been easily resolved with simple reset of the modem. Again, neither of the items were voiced to our managers, which by the way are available 24/7 to assist our clients. As for the graffiti on the entry door - unfortunately we can not control what goes on on the exterior of the building, however, city services did paint over it almost immediately after it happened.

In any event, we do hope that we are able to provide you with higher quality apartment on your future stay and we do appreciate your feedback.

Arnold

Reviewed 29 July 2013

You can completely trust KievApts for choosing place to stay, if you are not sure they will help you. They have excellent choices, accommodations with high standards and affordable. The apartment we stayed had everything one can think of: newly renovated, with all equipped kitchen, telephone, AC for summer hot days, perfect location to the center of the city. The apartments are as they are on the pictures, ours was even better. Booking process was fast and easy. Airport pick-up was great. Highly recommended and trustworthy company to work with.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hi ,
I just came back from 2 weeks vacation in Kiev. City was beautiful ,clean ,with some very nice attraction to visit . Local people are not very friendly with foreigners ,even talk Russian language ! but in restaurant or some business site you see good customer service .It is safe in daytime ,I don't know about night ,but looks good like any other capitals. One of best thing I had it was service of this apartment office (kievapts Co).I just found them on this site with very positive review of real people. I appreciate them for very good service exactly what they promised on their website . They picked me up from airport showed me apartment, very easy and smooth check in and out. Apartment was same as explained on website ,clean, exactly match pictures and in nice area of town . I really recommend this office for anyone looking for apartment over there and I am sure I will call them for next time if going to Ukraine.
I wish this review be helpful for rest of traveler .

Room Tip: My room and location was excellent ,recommend to take it if you going there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Instant responses during booking and prepayment processes, nice offers and suggestions. The airport pick up service is highly recommended, very polite drivers, checking you in etc. The flats so far are all about the same as pictures posted, nothing fake. I really enjoy and trust this companys services for my travels within Ukraine. Thanks guys<!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo