“Decent Indian”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Indian”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Average Indian dishes on the menu. The prices tend toward the high side for what you get.. It's good for a change of pace, however.

Visited November 2012

Montreal
“Good Indian food in the heart of Kiev”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

God knows there are a lot of eateries on and around Khreshchatyk street. But I found myself nearby when my stomach began to growl. So having seen it listed in my Lonely Planet guidebook I decided to give it a shot.

The atmosphere is low-key and the views of the street below are nice. Food was tasty and spicy (I went for a tandori pork dish with vegetables and potatoes). With a bottle of water, all in all in cost me about 10$. A bit pricey if you consider that there are many cheaper options in Kiev, but quite affordable considering it was good Indian food.

If ever you get tired of the traditional Ukrainian fare, Himalaya might just be what the doctor ordered!

Visited May 2013
London, Canada
“The real deal”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Not fancy, just really solid Indian food.

I ate outside on Saturday, early evening, and there was a lot going on on Khreshchatyk. The restaurant is up on a ridge, above the other restaurants on the street; you have to go up some stairs (that are a little hard to find) to get up there. Once up there you have a nice overlook.

I had a pair of samosas (one order), chicken vindaloo, and garlic naan. They asked and ordered it "spicy" (not "mild" or "medium"). What I got was, by my standards, closer to medium, if not mild. Fortunately, they also provided a sauce with the samosas that fired things up, which I used pretty liberally no the vindaloo.

I would eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
“Interesting new experience”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Friends took me to this place to try Indian food which was the first time experience for me so I just asked them to order something not extremely spicy:) we ordered many dishes, food was mostly tasty, good wine, good service, pleasant atmosphere, we had a very good time there. But for some reason, higly recommended Tandoori chicken was overdone and dry. If cooked a bit less it would be great. My friends go there pretty often and claim that normally everything is very tasty so chef must be distracted by something cooking our chicken:). As for somebody new to this type of food I think overall it was pretty good but I am not an expert on this. Need to try some more.

• Visited April 2013
“FOOD”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The atmosphere is nice. I expected a lot from this place but it is nothing like Indian cuisine. Well for those who never tried it you might like it if you are not Indian.

• Visited October 2012