“Very nice place!”

Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very nice place! It is included in the list of my favourite ones. I will be back because my stay in Greguar hotel and apartments was very enjoyable and relaxing, besides my wife likes it because it is very clean everywhere in the hotel and I want my wife to be happy and glad, so I am going to come back either alone or with my family when I am in Kiev next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greguar_Kate, Public Relations Manager at Greguar Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post your review of our hotel. We do appreciate all the great comments and including our hotel in the list of your favourite ones. We sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you and your wife back to Greguar hotel&apartments again soon.
Ekaterina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Short stay here in July. It's a bit pricey perhaps but it is 4 star and I got a good deal. BUT I have no idea how they justify 4 stars. In their 'blurb' they say order your breakfast in the evening for it to be delivered in the morning. At the very least this is misleading or not true because you have to go next door and present your room key to get your breakfast. Cereal with WARM milk, OMG, revolting, yeeeukk!!! This is even madder when you consider it was 24C already outside.

I chose it because of it's location, free WiFi and English, not knowing any Ukrainian or Russian this was important. The shuttle (though added cost) from airport and back was also a good point. It was nice to be met at the airport by someone holding up my name.

Elevator! Honestly if it wasn't at or near the 7th floor, that I was on, it was quicker to walk down 7 flights than wait for it. Painfully slow and only room for two friendly people.

Room Tip: I suspect the dividing walls of all rooms are very thin. I can't say what I could hear going on...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to read of the inconveniences you experienced with the breakfast and elevator. Your feedback is important for us and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in our hotel. We would like to thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again.
Barcelona
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed in this "hotel" for the first time after carefully considering TA feedback. Good internet is all I can say. Breakfast needs to be ordered one day before and takes place in a nice bakery door to door. If you are the one that likes a good coffee and may be a croissant in the morning, then dont pre-order breakfast at hotel, simply go to next door in the morning.

The negative surprise is that upon return to the room/apartment in the evening, I discover than neither my room nor my colleague's have been serviced at all. Moreover, I discover signs (nails) of previous guest in the bath, not very hidden, which shows that this hotel need to reconsider the cleaning standards. As for me, I won't stay again unless am assured they have changed the maids. Otherwise, location is central and not much to say. There must be better choices around.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to our department heads so that proper guidance may be given to avoid this issue in the future.
I do hope that you will return to us again in the future and we will have the chance to improve your impression about our hotel.
Moscow
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Place: vey close to Olymiyskaya metro station. There are few 24h retaurants there. Also there is shopping center.
You can walk from city center by Chervonoarmeykaya street, it's just 15 min walk via many interesting places.
In room there is small kitchen full equiped. Fridge and etc.
Free Wi-Fi, Free satelite TV.

Breakfast doesn't include in the price. You can buy it in cafe in the same building for 3-4USD or eat in many and mane cafes aroud hotel.

Service - perfect, location - too.
My best recommendations

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing and sharing your review. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel location and most importantly the apartment features that include fully-equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi and free satelite TV.
Let us thank you again for your valuable comments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel!
Malta
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Have stayed in Greguar several times and it's always been good. The location, just down the street from the Olympic Arena, is great. It's an old Soviet era building (don't worry - it's a good thing!) which means the ceilings are very high. This makes the rooms seem even bigger. Plenty of restaurants, bars and clubs within walking distance or at worst a $7 taxi ride away.

Nearby super market has everything you could need. The rooms are fitted with fridge and stove, making rudimentary cooking possible. No restaurant in the hotel meaning no breakfast or other meals unless you go outside next door to a coffee shop.

Service is so and so. Only a handful of the staff speaks English and it's not particularly good English. You'll be able to check in and check out easily but don't expect the staff to help you with recommendations for restaurants and other sundry services.

Rooms are clean. Beds are good. There are enough blankets and pillow to keep you warm in the coldest of winter and the A/C is there for when it gets warm in the summer.

Room Tip: Warm water runs out on the higher floors sometimes. If staying in winter, try asking for a room on f...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Oskar S
Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that you liked our clean rooms, nice beds and good location of hotel. On the other hand, we apologize for some inconvenience you experienced with our staff. We are really sorry to read that reception service did not meet your expectations as their English was not particularly good. Your feedback was forwarded to our department heads in order to solve this matter and that such inconveniences never happen again in the future. I hope you can give us another chance and we can accommodate you again on your next visit to Kiev.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed mid-week for 3 nights. Room very clean and kitchen well equipped if do do wish to cook. There is a large supermarket within easy walking distance - just turn right out of the apartments and just before you get to the square with the stadium, turn left - you will see it at the end of the road. The supermarket is called MeraMarket I think.

The patisserie next door which is used for breakfast is excellent. There is a breakfast menu in the room but the pastries and breads are on display in the patisserie so you can point at what you want. You can either pay cash in the patisserie or have it added to your room bill.

If you are a very light sleeper, you may want to take ear plugs to bloke out the noise of the fridge/freezer as it comes to life every now and then overnight. I am a light sleeper but it didn't really bother me.

A previous reviewer commented that towels were always washed. This was not the case for me - leaving the towles on the towel rail resulted in them not being washed. Only washed if left on the floor.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Craikda
Greguar_Kate, Public Relations Manager at Greguar Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest,
We are really glad you have good impression about our hotel. On the other hand, we have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments which helped us to correct the issues.
We look forward to your next visit. Hope to see you soon.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The premise was clean and well taken care of. The room was quite large, and spacious. Spartan amenities, but comfortable. Bathroom with modern facilities, clean and minimum towels, soap, etc.There is a kitchen with basic cooking utensils if you wish.

The personell say they understand English, but mosty do not. I asked for a wake up call, and never received it. Was told I can check out anytime and someone would be able to take care of my bill. Problem was he did not speak any English and the bill wasnt ready either. Not exactly friendly when you walked in or left.

All in all it was comfortable and taking into account general conditions there, it was acceptable. Good location and the bakery next door.....worth it all! My rating would be good.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear you experience some inconveniences with our staff. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us, our general manager will monitor this issue. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.